Post letters out of Thailand

andy8017

12 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

you talked with an idiot. of course, they all are.

airmail to EU and USA has never stopped.

It stopped at the beginning of the pandemic for  around 3 to 4 weeks, because there were too few international flights so no room for low cost air mail letters. The  same problem from the UK, so that one of my pension providers finally relented and paid me by bank transfer instead of sending a cheque. Had similar problem with my proof of life letters which had to be delayed until there were enough flights available for Air Mail Letters at a sensible cost.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I tried to post a letter to UK before Christmas. At the main post office they tried to talk me into sending it by EMS for 800 baht claiming that airmail service has stopped. Went to another branch sent it via airmail without a problem. Letter has arrived 2 weeks later.

• Haha 1

I posted a track and trace Thailand post EMS letter on 4th November and it is still yet to arrive in Australia. Thailand Post refuse to acknowledge this at their offices and also refuse to reply to my complaints or emails. Not happy Jan????????‍♂️????????

90667588-A473-484A-8F46-5A1850448467.jpeg

Edited by jack7106
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

I posted a track and trace Thailand post EMS letter on 4th November and it is still yet to arrive in Australia. Thailand Post refuse to acknowledge this at their offices and also refuse to reply to my complaints or emails. Not happy Jan????????‍♂️????????

If EMS tracking confirms that your letter has, in fact, departed Thai shores then I think that you should be pointing the accusatory finger of blame at Australia Post.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jack7106 said:

Your item has left Thailand, so you can't blame Thailand Post. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, delgarcon said:

Geographically the UK is part of Europe and I would think it always will be.

Obviously it is.... Not a different (in)continent, so.... The only thing that has changed is UK is not a part of EEU anymore as of 31/12/2020.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, OJAS said:

If EMS tracking confirms that your letter has, in fact, departed Thai shores then I think that you should be pointing the accusatory finger of blame at Australia Post.

Appreciate your reply. I’m confused to as it appears that the document which is A4 size has not left Thailand yet. Would appreciate you letting me know if you believe it has or not. Thank you????????‍♂️????????????????????

85D5E5D5-858A-4662-B17F-3441D5ABBBC0.png

Bare in mind there is a black hole between leaving Thailand and entering the Postal service the other side, its screening etc by customs, thats the usual cause of delays, especially from known drug source areas.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 4:33 PM, Bigz said:

I tried to post a letter to UK before Christmas. At the main post office they tried to talk me into sending it by EMS for 800 baht claiming that airmail service has stopped. Went to another branch sent it via airmail without a problem. Letter has arrived 2 weeks later.

Same with me.   When I went back to my "local" post office the next day to post more letters they again told me EMS only, so I showed them the receipt from the post office in Khon Kaen - a few red faces but they finally agreed to update their system and post them normal post.

• Haha 1