Buriram makes quarantine mandatory for flyers from Bangkok

webfact

Buriram makes quarantine mandatory for flyers from Bangkok

By The Nation

800_607cd6a7b8cde8b.jpg?v=1609663057

The Department of Airports (DOA) has notified passengers on the Buriram route from January 2 that they will have to quarantine for 14 days according to the provincial announcement.

Apirat Chaiwongnoi, deputy director-general of the Department of Highways and acting director-general of the Department of Airports, said the announcement by the Buriram Communicable Disease Committee stated that passengers travelling from Bangkok via Buriram Airport must go through the following screening process which will be effective from January 2:

1. Register in the health records.

2. Check-in with MorChana application.

3. All passengers must be quarantined in a residence or a place designated by the Buriram Communicable Disease Committee for 14 days without leaving the quarantine area. If they get sick, they must notify the communicable disease control officer within three hours.

4. In the case of passengers who do not wish to quarantine, they must be examined in a laboratory where they will be screened by Rapid Test method at the place designated by the communicable disease control officer or a competent official. The passenger must pay the cost of Bt600 per person. If they test negative, they are not required to quarantine.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400618

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-04

• Like 1

So, anyone who can afford a flight has the option of paying just 600B for a Covid test and skipping the nonsense quarantine!?

And if they/you do go to quarantine, how about other people in the house? Can they go to the shops and market after mixing with you at home?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Expect to see more of this type of thing as provincial officials exert their powers. So flying in by plane (very few on the Buriram route) requires quarantine but going by road does not - at present. I am travelling today and decided to go by private road transport rather than by bus or taxi so that I can avoid these type of arbitrary checks. They cant put checkpoints on every single soi or road (usually just main highways). On arrival I'm expecting to stay home for some time anyhow. Very conveniently a list of Bangkok checkpoint locations was published too.

12 minutes ago, 2long said:

So, anyone who can afford a flight has the option of paying just 600B for a Covid test and skipping the nonsense quarantine!?

And if they/you do go to quarantine, how about other people in the house? Can they go to the shops and market after mixing with you at home?

or  you could always take a left at rice paddy soi 3 instead of taking the main road. these roadblocks etc set up are akin to a screen door on a submarine. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mr mr said:

or  you could always take a left at rice paddy soi 3 instead of taking the main road. these roadblocks etc set up are akin to a screen door on a submarine. 

When travelling by road, put Google Maps or Waze on your phone and turn on traffic. It will show red where there's a back-up. High chance it's a checkpoint and you can see in advance to plan a route around it. Did this many times in last lockdown when going to/from Hua Hin.

Edited by soi3eddie

1 hour ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Stock up on food and DRINKS. Stay home and get use to what is coming.

????????????

Well, I had already decided that January would be booze-free for me, so a ban won't affect me. Saying that, I HATE being stopped from drinking, and prefer to complete the challenge of self control, rather than doing as told.

• Haha 1

Point 4 is absolutely ridiculous.

What if the person gets on the 'plane uninfected but becomes infected by a fellow passenger. The incubation period is, I believe, 4 days. When that person disembarks for the paltry 600 Baht the newly infected passenger will be tested, probably show a negative result and can be let loose into the community and spread the virus uninhibited.

Edited by Muhendis
new information

I am told by someone who works for the provincial government in Chaiyaphum, that this will be the case  starting tomorrow. A full nationwide travel lockdown. 14 day required quarantine for any movement between one province and another.

In rural areas the quarantine will be in your home. That will be somehow monitored. Since most Thais are again whipped up into a Covid frenzy, it is likely neighbors would be aware of anyone having just arrived, and would report anyone breaking the quarantine. 

• Thanks 1