No More Non-imigrant B Multiple Visa In Penang

Hi,

a friend of my went last week to Penang to get a non-imigrant B visa with multiple entries. He had all nessesary papers including work permit, but got only one entry. They told him he should apply for a one year visa in Thailand at the imigration. What is going on there? And where else can I go to get a non-imigrant B multiple Visa? London or Rome?

Australia seems to hand them out...

Hull in the UK is very easy going...

Etc... I think it is 'local' SEA offices that have been given the word not to issue them to clamp down on Thai residents rather than visiting business people (why this is the case baffles me but thats how I read the situation personally)...

I am very interested in if anyone has experience with Vientiane in Laos ?? I have a close friend who is Laos (Laoation ?? please excuse my ignorance) who I would be more than happy to spend a few days with and visit a country I have never been to. If thier office was still issueing multiple entry B's that would be a perfect combination.

I think it is 'local' SEA offices that have been given the word not to issue them to clamp down on Thai residents rather than visiting business people (why this is the case baffles me but thats how I read the situation personally)...

My hunch is that by not issuing multiple-entry non-immigrant visas to de-facto residents at the "local" consular posts, the powers-that-be are hoping to force said residents into a regimen of single-entry visa with one-year extension (and all of the new financial qualifications that go along with a one-year extension). Making a multiple-entry visa harder to obtain limits the number of people who can do a simple end run around the new system.

I think one reasen for this is that the Thais want us to be registered in Thailand properly at the imigration. But I am not willing to increase my salary from 35000 Baht to 50000 Baht. 1th then my company would make no more profit. 2nd I am not willing to pay more tax for a salary that I do not get.

I think one reasen for this is that the Thais want us to be registered in Thailand properly at the imigration. But I am not willing to increase my salary from 35000 Baht to 50000 Baht. 1th then my company would make no more profit. 2nd I am not willing to pay more tax for a salary that I do not get.

I suspect they are trying to crack down on the people getting visas without the intention of working and paying taxes in Thailand. But it does not make sense if he brought his work permit why they would not give him the multi-entry visa.

I am very interested in if anyone has experience with Vientiane in Laos ?? I have a close friend who is Laos (Laoation ?? please excuse my ignorance) who I would be more than happy to spend a few days with and visit a country I have never been to. If thier office was still issueing multiple entry B's that would be a perfect combination.

Theoretically you can get the B visa in Laos, but you should either phone/fax ahead to get their long list (12 items) of requirements and make sure you have them all before going, or take everything you can think of and try working with one of the "agents" out front of the consulate. These guys have been known to perform minor miracles. Bottom line: Iffy, but possible.

I suspect they are trying to crack down on the people getting visas without the intention of working and paying taxes in Thailand. But it does not make sense if he brought his work permit why they would not give him the multi-entry visa.

On that basis, do you think I can get a multi-entry 'O' based on having a tax id card?

I don't actually pay any tax, just show that my income to Thailand has already been taxed in the UK, but I do have an entry in the tax database?

My hunch is that by not issuing multiple-entry non-immigrant visas to de-facto residents at the "local" consular posts, the powers-that-be are hoping to force said residents into a regimen of single-entry visa with one-year extension (and all of the new financial qualifications that go along with a one-year extension). Making a multiple-entry visa harder to obtain limits the number of people who can do a simple end run around the new system.

Please could you elaborate on this... Under 50 and not working... Can 'anyone' get this single entry and extention solution ??

Please could you elaborate on this... Under 50 and not working... Can 'anyone' get this single entry and extention solution ??

I'm sure that somebody will chime in on this topic with more authoritative facts than my opinion but as far as I know, for somebody under-50, not working, not married to a Thai person, etc., the only option for a one-year visa extension would be some sort of financial invenstment in Thailand (three million baht, ten million baht?). Over to anybody else...

Thats my point... its a catch 22 !!!

I cant even get the 3 million baht extension without a valid visa (non tourist) so to get the visa (3 million) I need a visa I cant get 

Not true. Immigration has authority to change a visa and they do it every day. But you do need a visa - not a 30 day entry without visa.

OK so getting a 60 day tourist visa... Then bringing in 3 million baht... I should be able to get the one year visa based on this setup ??

That should do it but I would ask immigration for specific guidance as this seems to be their ball game now (under the benefit to Thailand clause). As recent events have shown not all are reading from the same page yet.