German Man Kills Himself Because Girlfriend Left Him.

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 9th 2007

German Man commits suicide after break up with girlfriend.

A suspected case of suicide now from house number 20/120 at the Park Runreung Village in Soi Nongprue in the Eastern outskirts of Pattaya.

Khun Rapipan aged 27 is the owner of the house which she rents to Mr. Edgar Erwin Eckert aged 74 from Germany. She was concerned that she had not seen the man, who lives alone, for a number of days.

His body was discovered in the Ground Floor Kitchen area and deep lacerations along both of his arms and severe blood loss due to the apparent self-inflicted cuts are thought to have caused his death.

Khun Rapipan explained that Mr. Eckert had broken up with his Girlfriend 2 weeks before the apparent suicide.

She had left with every item of value and according to the house owner; the rent of 4,500 Baht per month had not been paid since March.

A lack of money and a traumatic break-up with his Girlfriend of 3 years is the likely reason behind the apparent suicide. Police are waiting for autopsy results before they close the case.

Photographs of mutilated and decomposing corpse withheld.

I'd like to know what so funny to this idiot. :o

09_05_2_5.jpg

I've seen that myself too; pisses me off. It's not just when a farang is injured/killed. I've seen a Thai killed in a road accident and some of the Thai personnel there laughing.......makes no sense.

I'd like to know what so funny to this idiot. :o

09_05_2_5.jpg

I've seen that myself too; pisses me off. It's not just when a farang is injured/killed. I've seen a Thai killed in a road accident and some of the Thai personnel there laughing.......makes no sense.

It is difficult for some of us to understand when Thai's and some other nationalities laugh at tragedy.

There is a word for it: schadenfreude

It is not malicious.

It is difficult for some of us to understand when Thai's and some other nationalities laugh at tragedy.

There is a word for it: schadenfreude

It is not malicious.

scha·den·freu·de(shädn-froid)

n.

Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

Well if you can understand it, please try to explain it because it's pretty f****d up if you ask me.

Edited by tropo

They say that "money doesn't buy you happiness." Certainly not 'happiness' in the true sense of the word.

In this unfortunate case it appears that 'money' attracted an undesirable, money sucking leech who extracted what she could, thus putting the German into a financial mess. Then, when the cash flow slowed to a dribble, she took whatever she could lay her hands on.

No doubt she is out there again trying to lure some other lonely farang into her clutches.

You can't be too careful in this world and your head should also rule your heart.

With regard to the police officer appearing to be smiling at the misfortune of the victim, it may not be what it seems.

Thais tend to smile when confronted with stressful situations.

It can be their way of dealing with their own emotions.

Recovering bodies is not a nice part of policing but someone has to do it, and perhaps we should be thankful that the police are on hand to clean up after the event.

They say that "money doesn't buy you happiness." Certainly not 'happiness' in the true sense of the word.

In this unfortunate case it appears that 'money' attracted an undesirable, money sucking leech who extracted what she could, thus putting the German into a financial mess. Then, when the cash flow slowed to a dribble, she took whatever she could lay her hands on.

No doubt she is out there again trying to lure some other lonely farang into her clutches.

You can't be too careful in this world and your head should also rule your heart.

With regard to the police officer appearing to be smiling at the misfortune of the victim, it may not be what it seems.

Thais tend to smile when confronted with stressful situations.

It can be their way of dealing with their own emotions.

Recovering bodies is not a nice part of policing but someone has to do it, and perhaps we should be thankful that the police are on hand to clean up after the event.

You are spot on MM, the emergency services tend to have a pretty dark sense of humour about these things as a way of releasing the tension of dealing with what can be very traumatic situations. Having said that it should be done in private away from where the victims family can see it, not smiling on tv or for pics that will be shown in the paper.

I think it is a defence that emergency workers have. I used to know a fireman that would sing " I ain't got no body........." as he hosed the remains of a suicie jumper off the floor.

Having said that, it looks like the guy in the photo is taking the peas.

I've typically found some Thais laugh as a way to deal with many kinds of stress and naturally uncomfortable situations. It's a response mechanism and I believe it's part of the culture. They seem to laugh in situations where Westerners would find it highly offensive to do so.

I have to wonder at you guys and how much actual experience you have in Pattaya, I don't mean coming on holiday for 6 months of the year with your daily allowance to spend having a good time being safely tucked away in a hotel.

Believe it or not chaps, there are Farangs that live here who haven't got a pot to pizz in and are living off of the Thai girlfriends money.

You may not have seen it, but I have.

How many girls that work in go-go bars and beer bars have skint Farang boyfriends living with them in Pattaya, you would be surprised mate.

The items she removed could very well have been her own items, otherwise why didn't he call the police and report a theft ?

I have to wonder at you guys and how much actual experience you have in Pattaya, I don't mean coming on holiday for 6 months of the year with your daily allowance to spend having a good time being safely tucked away in a hotel.

Believe it or not chaps, there are Farangs that live here who haven't got a pot to pizz in and are living off of the Thai girlfriends money.

You may not have seen it, but I have.

How many girls that work in go-go bars and beer bars have skint Farang boyfriends living with them in Pattaya, you would be surprised mate.

The items she removed could very well have been her own items, otherwise why didn't he call the police and report a theft ?

you mean a 74 year old guy could seduce a go-go girl and live off her money ? :o

are you being serious ?

you mean a 74 year old guy could seduce a go-go girl and live off her money ? :o

are you being serious ?

Nobody said that the woman in question was a go-go girl, my point is, even if this had been a German man in his 30's - 40's, it would have still met the same response, the assumption that he had money and she didn't and that she was in the wrong for leaving.

My point is, it's not always that way in a Pattaya relationship.

Don't assume that the Farang is always good and the Thai is always bad.

Maggot's the man. The all seeing, all knowing Oracle :o:D

I don't profess to see all and know all, but after 17 years in Pattaya, I've seen enough and know enough about the place, to know that it's not all one sided.

Edited by Maigo6

[ You are spot on MM, the emergency services tend to have a pretty dark sense of humour about these things as a way of releasing the tension of dealing with what can be very traumatic situations. Having said that it should be done in private away from where the victims family can see it, not smiling on tv or for pics that will be shown in the paper.

I have a neighbor whose son is in emergency services or something close to it and every now and then he will show up with a little photo book of accident scenes (dead people). Always some smiling arse posing with the body. They always want to show me (I don't know why) and I just tell them that I have seen enough dead bodies, thank you and call them dunces...which they don't understand Now, in my time in Iraq I did take some pictures of the enemy dead just to remind me of what war really is like and I once showed them to a family member who said that "War was cool" to show him that real death is not a "hollywood" death. It is never clean and valiant. But there was no posing and I don't carrying around to impress people. It is the same way that the thai papers always show death on the front page usually with some knuckleheads posing with it. I figure that most men in Thailand are like ten year olds...how would a ten year old drive a car...how would a ten year old deal with alcohol....how would a ten year old deal with death...they think it is cool and would take pictures of it too show others to look cool. Also, how would a ten year old run a government....that is another story.

I figure that most men in Thailand are like ten year olds...

The arrogance and ignorance of many Farangs still amazes me after all these years.

It's pitiful.

It's worse than pitiful. It is highly offensive and embarrassing. Shame on you.

I've typically found some Thais laugh as a way to deal with many kinds of stress and naturally uncomfortable situations. It's a response mechanism and I believe it's part of the culture. They seem to laugh in situations where Westerners would find it highly offensive to do so.

I agree. A compatriot of mine was present in the newsroom of one of the major Bangkok newspapers when the airliners crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City on 9/11. He said that as the staff watched the attack on television, some of them laughed. Just a reminder that we are living in a very different culture here.

I agree. A compatriot of mine was present in the newsroom of one of the major Bangkok newspapers when the airliners crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City on 9/11. He said that as the staff watched the attack on television, some of them laughed. Just a reminder that we are living in a very different culture here.

had similar experiences when living and working in West Africa. it drove me nuts till my african deputy took me aside and explained that it is quite often "the done thing".

I used to work on air-sea rescue helicopters. Hosed out many crashed planes, picked up body parts from beaches and so on.

After a time this gets to be routine, you just treat it as meat. If you stay sensitive, you'll never get through the day.

And in Thailand a smile or laugh is a normal reaction to embarassment, as well as to friendliness.

A photo is a moment caught and preserved, but not explained. A movie might have shown something different, being at the scene something even more different (bad English, that). But don't judge these things by your own standards, here is a culture completely divorced from European heritage. All other countries in the area have been under colonial rule for ages, and the mores of the colonisers will have permeated society. Here is different.

Maigo6 are you serious?

"Nobody said that the woman in question was a go-go girl, my point is, even if this had been a German man in his 30's - 40's, it would have still met the same response, the assumption that he had money and she didn't and that she was in the wrong for leaving.

Don't assume that the Farang is always good and the Thai is always bad."

would if have still have met the same response? what a man commiting suicide because his loved one has taken everything he valued in his life and has no financial options left because of the said girl or was love stricken! and what makes a farang bad just because he has no money you idiot!

17 years you say? maybe you need a trip back home, because compassion, respect and decency seem to have left you if you ever had any.

a man took/lost his life and you post despicable comments like that...shame on you.

R.I.P Our German Friend

Maigo6 are you serious?

"Nobody said that the woman in question was a go-go girl, my point is, even if this had been a German man in his 30's - 40's, it would have still met the same response, the assumption that he had money and she didn't and that she was in the wrong for leaving.

Don't assume that the Farang is always good and the Thai is always bad."

would if have still have met the same response? what a man commiting suicide because his loved one has taken everything he valued in his life and has no financial options left because of the said girl or was love stricken! and what makes a farang bad just because he has no money you idiot!

17 years you say? maybe you need a trip back home, because compassion, respect and decency seem to have left you if you ever had any.

Why would I need a trip back to Europe?

Obviously you have very limited experience in Pattaya,........................................................and don't talk to me about common decency.........do you really expect me ( In your wildest dreams ) to assume that Farangs go to Pattaya because they are decent human beings ?

C'mon man, you have got to be fawking joking!!!!!!

Talk to me in 15 years time, then maybe, just maybe, you will be able to communicate at a similar level, although judging by your previous effort, I doubt that very much.

If every Bar where you could get cheap sex closed down tomorrow, would you still go to Pattaya for a holiday ?

The answer is NO!!!!!!

So don't you talk to me about what is good and bad, you would never ever go to Pattaya if you could not exploit poor people, and if you disagree, tell me why you would go to Pattaya if all the women left.

For the crystal clear waters, the peaceful afternoons, the laid back atmosphere, the honest Thai people, the safe streets, the lack of pollution........???????

You fawking guys do nothing but complain about Thailand, yet you still remain, so what the fawk is keeping you here!!!!!!! ?

OK Guys, I'm in Tokyo and I'm gonna have another can of Sapporo...................... :o

PS. I wish I was in Pattaya!

Edited by Maigo6