Bitcoin or Gold?

Bitcoin or Gold  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

back in late 2017 I got my friend to sell her little 1 baht of gold to get Bitcoin. If i recall correctly it was just a bit under 20,000 THB and was worth 0.1 BTC

I promised her that if it went down i'd rebuy it at the same price.. she panicked when it went down and asked me to refund the money, so I did.

that same 0.1 BTC is 171,857 THB now, she cries about it to me once in a while but hey!

I feel like the old timers on here don't understand it that's why they diss it.. but Bitcoin is up 54% since this post has been made last month, I'm not even interested enough to google how much gold has appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I feel like the old timers on here don't understand it that's why they diss it

It goes beyond not understanding it... there is a learning curve... and fear... we older guys need something more tangible

I know one guy 80+ yr old who sold all his stock to buy btc but ended up w/a bogus dealer and has no idea where his $$ are, other than gone...

now that it is more accessible, I bought in this month through an etf - easy and tradable... and as it is more accessible, it is becoming more accepted.. 

good for you young guys who bought in early... I am glad for your success

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdum said:

Just do a search... how many billionaires are buying bitcoin? They're not... they are buying land and gold. GO NOW AND DO A SEARCH.

Off the top of my head, I know Chamath Palihapitiya, Elon Musk, Mark Cuban, The Winklevoss twins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kekalot said:

I feel like the old timers on here don't understand it that's why they diss it.. but Bitcoin is up 54% since this post has been made last month, I'm not even interested enough to google how much gold has appreciated.

Btc is up 86%. Gold is down. Some people don't move with the times. Gold is down about 10%. Like I said, bitcoin is going to take the gold market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdum said:

Just do a search... how many billionaires are buying bitcoin? They're not... they are buying land and gold. GO NOW AND DO A SEARCH.

You obviously don't follow the news and are still living in the past.  Everything is changing very quickly now in this digital age and if you don't care to keep up with what's going on, then you will be left behind.

To each his own but maybe you should go do some bitcoin searches and get caught up on the latest news. 

BTW, all caps are not necessary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Btc is up 86%. Gold is down. Some people don't move with the times. Gold is down about 10%. Like I said, bitcoin is going to take the gold market. 

Right and it won't stop at gold either. It's a monetary black hole and it's going to eat everything in in it's path.

Most bitter FUD loving no-coiners will take their resentment and bitterness to their graves (rather than admit they were wrong and embrace this amazing new technology). 

I just smile and wave goodbye to the lot of them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kekalot said:

back in late 2017 I got my friend to sell her little 1 baht of gold to get Bitcoin. If i recall correctly it was just a bit under 20,000 THB and was worth 0.1 BTC

I promised her that if it went down i'd rebuy it at the same price.. she panicked when it went down and asked me to refund the money, so I did.

that same 0.1 BTC is 171,857 THB now, she cries about it to me once in a while but hey!

That proves you do not understand that gold must be seen as a security ...to keep a certain level of value .... while bitcoin is a pure gamble ..

I consider gold and bitcoin totally different things....

Like said before i only trust something i can hold at hand ....even when it is only a money bill .....but that stopped being guaranteed by the gold standard

....and then the  printing machines went in overdrive ????

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Please make gold down to the level i bought ????....as i like more of it's weight to buy ....now to high for me to buy more

????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Right and it won't stop at gold either. It's a monetary black hole and it's going to eat everything in in it's path.

Most bitter FUD loving no-coiners will take their resentment and bitterness to their graves (rather than admit they were wrong and embrace this amazing new technology). 

I just smile and wave goodbye to the lot of them.

i like the resemblance with a black hole .....????

But ...in a black hole everything vanishes ....also your inlay.....????

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My plan is to diversify into gold sometime this year.

So you go cash in the money from those who think the "sky " is not the limit ...????....but "Alpha Centauri orbit "...????

Wise descision....

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My plan is to diversify into gold sometime this year.

Hi Neeranam,

I've never understood the desire to bash either Crypto, Gold or Silver I own all 3 (physical and vault stored in respect to the PM's). Economic game theory presumes that a player will act rationally and work to maximize their payouts, you have to take emotion out of the equation.

I just posted a response to a question about a Plan B for cashing out of Crypto (which happens to be into PM's), which you can read here if you're interested.

Cheers and good luck.

Edited by DeepSea

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why Lightning Network's aggregated amount is less then 1500 Bitcoins if it is so great and fast and furious?

Did not read the articles though, I'm too busy for all that nonames' blather on all these noname websites.

7 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Why Lightning Network's aggregated amount is less then 1500 Bitcoins if it is so great and fast and furious?

Did not read the articles though, I'm too busy for all that nonames' blather on all these noname websites.

Here's a Reuters piece then

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currency-bitcoin-citi-idUSKCN2AT23H

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

... could become the preferred currency for international trade.

or could not

... could be at the start of a “massive transformation” into the mainstream

or could not

Bitcoin, designed as a payment tool, is little used for commerce in major economies, hampered by high volatility and relatively costly transactions

- the only fact in the whole article full of speculations.

To sum up: Bitcoin could be a store of value* but definitely not an everyday payment method.

(* - with limitations. If the environmental hysteria will prevail then Bitcoin will be abolished)

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

or could not

or could not

- the only fact in the whole article full of speculations.

To sum up: Bitcoin could be a store of value* but definitely not an everyday payment method.

(* - with limitations. If the environmental hysteria will prevail then Bitcoin will be abolished)

Yeah I signed up with a leading broker  so I could pay someone in BTC.. damn min fee 30$!!!!!!! so when you see on TV people buyiung icreames hows  that work?  not to mention it took 1-2 hours to go thorough.. what a crock....  enlighten me please

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

If the environmental hysteria will prevail then Bitcoin will be abolished

this will change too. just the other day kevin o'leary did a 180(but not really) about btc and is now investing. he also talked about getting a zero carbon plan going for bitcoin as well. not only will btc change the world financially but it will also drive innovation for new tech to solve those environmental problems. 

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

With that view so should Cows, horses, cars and all vehicles.  Get real.

so adding another source for global warming is justified? get real,

bitcoins is going to ruin us our energy grids, let's see how you will react when the price of electricity will triple, and you will have no A/C in the summer and heater in the winter because of the frigging bitcoins taking all our grid resources

complete waste of resources, ecologists should be screaming over that scam

time to sabotage a few mining servers ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

bitcoins is going to ruin us our electric grids, let's see how you will react when the price of electricity will triple, and you will have no A/C or heater in the winter because of the frigging bitcoins taking all our resources

complete waste of resources, ecologists should be screaming over that scam

Ok Greta, time to unwind your umbilical chord and cut your dependency on sensational views.

• Like 1

Those who criticize Bitcoin and claim it to be a scam, are those same ones which now regret not having invested into bitcoin last year when it was trading at like ~7,000 USD ????

Criticizing it is a good way of fooling themselves, and that way reduce the grief of not having multiplied their savings by like close to ten times in one year.

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

i do not condone nor do i encourage violence for any reason. but if you want to blow up a building with no one in it i support you in every way. 

go ahead blow up a farm and watch btc moon in value prompting a new wave of interest.