Question about ATM , stolen money

23 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

thats a good point but if it was I doubt the cops would dob them in.

This story reminds me of a good old mate of mine from AU. he was booked to visit his darling  in BKK.in a months time  and unexpectantly received an insurance payout of about $4,500 .His lady had the second  ATM.card to his savings account that was used by her to withdraw her monthly allowance but no other money  was usually in it .Well he had a brain fade and decided that as he was going over there soon him stead of bringing that money over with him he would deposit it  into the account and use that money during his holiday. When he told me what he was doing I told him he was crazy he said dont worry I trust her 100% (shes not like the others. I had arranged to meet him a week later at the Golden Bar  at the Nana Hotel as it was his birthday.W,ell he didnt look happy for a birthday boy..his lady disapeared to ( get food) and then he told me the sad tale that her she had sent her " brother " to the ATM with the card and the PIN to withdraw her allowance. but guess what .??.he didnt come back and bit by bit withdraw all the money.I had to lend him some cash to help him out  He put it down to bad luck not her fault..and later on married her. Theres one born everyday.!!

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, colinneil said:

I think the bank will not put the money back, and you think the police will do anything.:cheesy:

This sounds awfully fishy to me, maybe your wife is not being truthful with you, it happens.

My ex could not be trusted with any amount of money or cards.

Now my present wife has had my card for over 3 weeks, she has and can remember the 6 digit number, am i worried? No way she can be trusted 100%, if you cannot trust your wife 100% time to move on.

I think your sentence No way she can be trusted 100% should have a full stop after No way.   LOL

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:47 AM, luckywooman said:

Hi I wanted to ask if the Thai police would help you find the person that stole from my wife’s ATM card.

The ATM's for the most part all have cameras.  However since the person using the card had the pin even if they catch the person the bank would not be liable to reimburse you.  Consider you "could" have given someone your pin then claim the card was stolen and seek to be reimbursed by the bank.  The banks policy is if you have the pin then you authorized the withdrawal.  

Now the police if they apprehend the person could charge him with theft but in terms of getting your money back that would be you trying to get the thief to return your money.  

In the future, use something like the last digits of your children's birthdates, anniversary, parents birthday, etc that you will easily remember but never put your pin on your card. 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, teacherclaire said:

If she bought a phone, take her to the shop and blame her in front of all employees.

Try to get as much money for the phone from the shop and the lesson is taught. 

Having lost face and the phone gone should be enough to teach her a needed lesson. 

And she will start to understand that you're not stupid which might be more important. 

And possibly create for the rest of their lives.?????

Hello from khon kaen,

I have a question about the Thai police how to deal with this situation.

My daughter has stolen our card and has gotten 40000 baht from our card.

(and again it wasn’t my wife, our hold family was shock aswell)

Now we thought it was a normal theft from someone else. Like my wife lost her card and pin was on the wallet. 

So we went to the police and filed a complained and also with the bank. (We saw quickly the cctv footage from the ATM that our daughter did it)

Now after we went to the police and reported it, our daughter confess. 

My question is what happens now, can we drop the case and it’s over or does it have more consequences? 

Thanks for the helpful advise

2 minutes ago, luckywooman said:

Hello from khon kaen,

Now we thought it was a normal theft from someone else. Like my wife lost her card and pin was on the wallet. 

So we went to the police and filed a complained and also with the bank. (We saw quickly the cctv footage from the ATM that our daughter did it)

My question is what happens now, can we drop the case and it’s over or does it have more consequences? 

So, it was no loss of card then. Before you stated that your wife lost it on the bus. If she told you that, she is involved too. I am pretty sure, she is the one that told you to do everything you can to drop the case. ????

Sorry, but if it was my child doing that I would strike a deal with the police even if I had to pay for it. Let them keep her locked up at the local station for 30 days. That will teach her a valuable lesson. Not just drop the case.

3 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

So, it was no loss of card then. Before you stated that your wife lost it on the bus. If she told you that, she is involved too. I am pretty sure, she is the one that told you to do everything you can to drop the case. ????

Sorry, but if it was my child doing that I would strike a deal with the police even if I had to pay for it. Let them keep her locked up at the local station for 30 days. That will teach her a valuable lesson. Not just drop the case.

yes at first my wife also thought that she lost the card.(but didn’t know where)

But as I stated it’s turns out that our older daughter took it.

As a parent one doesn’t want to ruin the future of your own kids do you? ????

Even when they do <deleted>.

let’s hope everything goes fine now and the officer just drop it

27 minutes ago, luckywooman said:

As a parent one doesn’t want to ruin the future of your own kids do you?

No, that´s right, you don´t. That´s why I asked you to make a deal with the police for the learning curve. That will not be registered anywhere.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

7 hours ago, luckywooman said:

Hello from khon kaen,

You can drop the charge if you want, just said "it's a family matter" . Police will not likely get involve anymore. This phase quite powerful in Thailand.