Public urged to install MorChana Application

webfact

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Can't see a farang downloading an app that could lead them to paying 10,000's baht to a hospital

Especially the ones that are hard-pressed to even pay for an agent to legalize their stay here cos they're broke (and uninsured) already.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hi Disgusted.

As installed it wants Camera, Location, Physical activity, Storage (all of which my phone auto-denied) nothing about BlueTooth (which I do have enabled for my headset). It just wants too much personal information for me to let it run.

Confused

camera = for QR scanningand an optional picture of your face. I have used a picture of my deceased dog (from twenty gazillion forgotten pictures already on my smartphone).

location = what's good enough for Google is good enough for me.

physical activity = never saw that as a setup menu option when I installed. You don't have a fitness app already running do you?

bluetooth = asked for and was granted this permission as that's how it interacts with other smartphones (with Bluetooth turned on).

storage =  nope, never asked me but ALL apps need to access it, just some don't think it's important that you know.

Edited by NanLaew

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

I rarely go to the sort of places that spread the bug anyway

ROFLMAO

If they knew what places "spread the bug anyway" already, we wouldn't be in a bloody global pandemic. It's PEOPLE that spread it BTW not places. Granted, maybe you don't know the sort of people that go to those sort of places but do you know the sort of people that they know?

Sheesh!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Mine definitely has Location permission (when the app is running) no idea if it actually uses it. Yes it's Thai Chana (with the blue fist icon).

Are these apps in English as well as Thai, or Thai only?

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

As installed it wants Camera, Location, Physical activity, Storage (all of which my phone auto-denied) nothing about BlueTooth (which I do have enabled for my headset). It just wants too much personal information for me to let it run.

Is there any benefit to running it on a separate phone, do you think? In the circumstances I can handle the location tracking but I'd rather not make all the personal info on my phone available.

3 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

I downloaded it to my Android phone and it doesn't work!????

Same here for IOS, after question 4 it just gets a time out spinning disk like the server is down.

For me the question is whether I can accept to get forcefully tested and, if positive, placed two weeks in one of their "field hospitals", which, to me,  look more like a concentration camps.

If I develop symptoms I'll stay put unless my pulse ox gets really low.

8 hours ago, chainarong said:

On all mobiles there is 2 GPS one U can turn off the other U can't , if needed ,  big brother knows where u r every minuet everyday.

Provide a credible source proving this conspiracy theory, please. And not just some random Youtube video making stuff up – actual proof of it being true.

Edit: typo

Edited by Myran