Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Tipping off illegal workers to Thai police

Sundown

On 1/8/2021 at 5:11 PM, Sundown said:

Thanks everyone for being concerned about my life but of course I'm not thinking about interfering with an illegal activity ran by a Thai mobster. The guy is a Falang.

I've never heard of a falang working with/for a Thai mobster ever especially here in Thailand so you should be safe so I say go for it.

• Haha 2

On 1/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, ezzra said:

Nothing to do with 'grassing'... in these dangerous times dose Thailand need unchecked and undocumented people running around putting the county under siege not knowing who they are or where they come from while others have to endure weeks of quarantine?...

* does

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sundown said:

Why? I'm directly affected by his illegal activity. That's exactly what I would call "my business". So many scared people here. 

Of course there are many scared people here as there are scared for your safety.If affected by his illegal activity (no regard for the law) do you mean financially affected? (maybe competition in business?)So he maybe affecting your ability to provide for your family,which would probably peeve off many people.

If you are successful in getting immigration (they are also police) to deal with the person,after posting your intentions on a public forum you suspect him of being registered,he maybe convicted and deported,if he is married and also trying to support his wife and family (who isn't?) then you will ruin his marriage and his wife and her family's ability to earn as well.

How is his wife's family connected here in Thailand?Maybe to police and the mafia (it can be difficult to define what mafia means here).Life is cheap here and Thais sometimes get pi$$ed off easily and are known to over react to small incursions on their face.If you go to Immigration and end up dealing (has already been suggested) with officials who are partial to brown envelopes you could find that you designs may well reverse on you.

They are some of the things I can think of that could go wrong.Things go pear shaped pretty quickly in confrontations here as you would already be aware. Is it worth a few baht and are you prepared to possibly end up like the falang found in the bin with no head and no hands?

I just watched 'No Country For Old Men" last night so maybe if you haven't watched it already you might watch it to see how pear shaped things can get. Also if you are not scared then why asked for help?Just be aware that things under tension can cause a lot of damage when the tension is released.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Correct. I heard of a local case this week. Someone had been phoning immigration every day demanding a raid and this guy be removed from the country - something to do with a business related dispute.

They did 'the raid' and nothing was wrong, everything was in order, etc.

They told the guy in question the name of the person who made the dozens of reports and said they are now investigating the reported - the name he goes by is not in the immigration system and they want to know why - he's going to get burned.

Never knowingly bring yourself to the attention of the authorities without a very good reason.....

Been there, done that, and worn the T-shirt, I got grassed up about 12 years ago, the immigration arrested me in the bar at about 9pm one night, Which was bang out of order obviously I didn't have my passport on me I had nothing on me at least they agreed to let me go home to get my documents but wouldn't let me drive home I had to get in the cop car, I called my wife to let her know what was happening on the way home, long story short I showed them my passport and WP.

My wife asked them what was the reason for coming in the bar............? You know where we live, just some heavy handed <deleted> 

My wife asked them whats going on, they said they had information I was working with no WP they gave my wife the number of the person who had made the call, with that I said you have to take me back to the bar to get my car, I just let every <deleted> in the bar know whats going on but I didn't let on I had the number,

Yep it was a farang was not difficult to find out who it was and he used to drink in the same bar, he did but not for long

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Been there, done that, and worn the T-shirt, I got grassed up about 12 years ago, the immigration arrested me in the bar at about 9pm one night, Which was bang out of order obviously I didn't have my passport on me I had nothing on me at least they agreed to let me go home to get my documents but wouldn't let me drive home I had to get in the cop car, I called my wife to let her know what was happening on the way home, long story short I showed them my passport and WP.

My wife asked them what was the reason for coming in the bar............? You know where we live, just some heavy handed <deleted> 

My wife asked them whats going on, they said they had information I was working with no WP they gave my wife the number of the person who had made the call, with that I said you have to take me back to the bar to get my car, I just let every <deleted> in the bar know whats going on but I didn't let on I had the number,

Yep it was a farang was not difficult to find out who it was and he used to drink in the same bar, he did but not for long

Do you really think that Immigration need to come to your bar to check if you have a WP? Really? It's all in the system!

You have an average imagination too. The ending where you suggest that you got the guy killed was hilarious though. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, Crossy said:

Yeah, I should have said "safer"

For some strange psychological reason, I still always feel a lot safer here (even when driving or on a m/bike taxi with no helmet)  than I have ever done in any place (at least since my childhood in a leafy outer London suburb).  

No sorry, one correction!  There are reasons for being afraid, being very afraid, of inadvertently stepping out of line right here!  ?? 

• Like 1