Tipping off illegal workers to Thai police

Sundown

40 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

Since the majority of police are on the take, you might be the one that ends up in jail. LOL. I personally think anyone that turns someone into the police for working is a complete ass.

The OP has not stated what the guy has done,only that he is a farang,if it is something regarding visa,overstay etc,and not harming anyone,then he should keep his nose out of it,or he could be found in the bottom of a Khlong with a pair of concrete boots,if he is a scoundrel,then the BIB are probably receiving an annuity from him...In Conclusion...Dont bite the hand thats feeding the BIB.........TIT.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

True, but I'm not sure they would accept a report of an illegal foreigner in Thailand, unless of course he was wanted on a serious rap in the UK. 

There is no mention from the OP of the guy's nationality!!!

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Nobody likes a grass, and your name WILL get out unless even if you tip off the plod anonymously or via a Thai proxy.

Personally, unless I'm directly affected I'm just keeping schtum.

If you really feel that strongly head off to the cop-shop with the relevant details and file a report, if they act on it or not is then up to them.

But be prepared to move House.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

seems a lot of TV crowd must be working illegally as they get upset

police will probably not do anything

but, inform IMMIGRATION, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Yes, true. In fact I believe the guy might be registered here that's why I'm not disclosing the circumstances. 

Edited by Sundown
  • Haha 1

I am more likely to HELP them, rather than report them. Local restaurant owners hire Laotians and Cambodians at sub-minimum wage and pay for their visa. As long as this situation exists, you will always have "illegal" workers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pi2005ni said:

The immigration police are always very interested in information on foreigners working illegally and will take action and investigate . Go directly to immigration.

Unless you end up reporting the culprit to the same immigration police that turned a blind eye and let them in in the first place, in which case the immigration police will be looking at the person that did the informing and removing them the first chance they get for being a troublemaker!

This is Thailand!

• Like 1

Just now, pi2005ni said:

The immigration police are always very interested in information on foreigners working illegally and will take action and investigate . Go directly to immigration.

That's why I opened the topic, thanks for the answer. I wanted to know if it's worth going to Police and the answer seems like no. They won't care. But immigration will.

I already said this, but : I'm not concerned about a Thai business, some poor Burmese, an online worker, a poor Falang teacher or doing it for personal revenge, so don't worry good people of the TVF. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I am more likely to HELP them, rather than report them. Local restaurant owners hire Laotians and Cambodians at sub-minimum wage and pay for their visa. As long as this situation exists, you will always have "illegal" workers.

I know a packaging company at Samut Prakan that employs mostly Cambodians and organizes their work permits and actually pays a good wage for ' Cambodian labour ' but sure, their hours are long shifts and unsociable and the work is hard graft. The Cambodian lads save money by all living together and sharing food and rent but all are earning around 15K a month.

The Thai owner even took them to Pattaya for New Year in times gone by and is a reasonable boss by Thai standards, and the reason he does this, is he cannot get many reliable Thais who are prepared to do the work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Inflammatory remark removed.

Please do not get personal in your remarks.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Generalization and Slur on Thai people removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

19 hours ago, Sundown said:

Thanks everyone for being concerned about my life but of course I'm not thinking about interfering with an illegal activity ran by a Thai mobster. The guy is a Falang.

There is one near me, has an illegal working for him, A; he has no work permit B; he is in cohorts with a cop,   the only person to end up in trouble would be the girl working for him. Leave it alone as the cops could be on his pay roll too, not a good idea trying to cut off their income.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sundown said:

Thanks everyone for being concerned about my life but of course I'm not thinking about interfering with an illegal activity ran by a Thai mobster. The guy is a Falang.

I agree with @Crossy, i.e. unless you're directly affected, and will add what my lawyer always say: "It's best if it's a Thai reporting to the police".

15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

<removed>

Instead of riddles, why don't you just say what the person is doing illegal?

Go ahead, I can feel the vibe, you are dying to tell us all.

Stop keeping us all in suspense. What was he doing? Going maskless in a shopping mall? Buying beer in Buddhist lent?  

Or using alcohol to drink? 

• Haha 1