Visa Agency advice

Hey Guys ,

I am trying to figure out how to do my NonO based on marriage at the moment in this cover climate.

The problem is at the moment I am on a ship in Saudi in work and will be finished in about 1 month, the passport I am holding now runs out in June-

And my new passport has just arrived at home in Thailand, So my options are to get my wife to post it to me and when I travel back-

to Thailand try and get some sort of visa on entry based on marriage? Is This a possibility?

Or would it be possible to get my wife to first use a visa agency and get a Non O multi entry based on marriage and post then post the passport to me?

If this is a possibility do you have any recommendations?

Or will I have to try and get a visa from a Thai consulate somewhere before heading back to Thailand?

I have 400k in the bank and have been on Non O visas for numerous years previously,

I usually just do them in Savannakhet , But I know Laos borders are still out at the moment.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to reply,

Regards

Too many questions?

Is the passport you are holding with you not cancelled due to the issuance of the new one? Or is it from another country or a second passport? 

You cannot get a Visa for Thailand within Thailand, and certainly your wife could not do it. Obviously the new passport does not have any entry stamp or permission of stay in it.

Unless I am misreading things, best option seems to be getting your new passport into your hands and pursuing a Visa from a Thai Embassy or consulate. Not easy in these Covid times as you need a Certificate of Entry and are expected to be quarantines on arrival. 

• Like 1

It would help to know your nationality.

You likely will not be able to get a visa issued by any embassy or consulate other than your home country.

If you qualify for a 45 day (previously 30 days) visa exempt entry you could get a certificate of entry (COE) from the embassy or official consulate in the country from where you will starting your to here from. See: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Then after you complete the mandatory 14 day quarantine  you could apply for a 90 day non-o visa at immigration and then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry apply for a one year extension of stay.

Visa application requirements are here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for your answers guys that covered everything I needed to know.

I'm Irish and my passport won't be cancelled until new passport is in my hand as Irish passport office knows I am offshore on a vessel in Saudi waters.@Jacko45k!

It looks like the only option for me is the (COE),Thanks @UBonjoe!

Will do thanks @Jack64

I may just stay here in work a little bit longer and see what happens with these covid vaccinations first.

Have a great day All!

42 minutes ago, Doggonenogood said:

I may just stay here in work a little bit longer and see what happens with these covid vaccinations first.

Have a great day All!

First up best of luck. 

Personally I would not be hoping for much joy from the vaccines for quite some time.

Focus on obtaining the COE etc.

Many threads on Thaivisa with great advice on every aspect of that process.

• Like 1

You will need the COE. If your old passport contains a valid, unexpired NON O visa, that visa remains valid even when the old passport is cancelled. You can still use it to enter the country, but need the COE in addition.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys,I lost my multi entry Non O as I was in the Thailand and didn't leave within the required 90 days so I had to do an incountry 60 day visa based on marriage.

I will get on and apply for a COE as soon as I get closer the time for getting off work.

Cheers!

The simple answer here is that any visa applied within Thailand requires a VALID entry stamp (meaning you have not exited yet).

In the case of a new passport, you would have have documents linking the new passport to the older passport with a valid entry stamp.

But in this case both of the passports have no valid entry stamps, so no visas can be obtained from within Thailand.

Like @ubonjoe stated your easiest option is to just take the 45 day visa exemption, and then convert back to marriage within Thailand.

• Like 1