cement or soudal foam?

Orton Rd

Never used either but need to patch up some first class building work ???? done a few years back. Lot of deep uneven cracks, all needs ripping out and re done but Mrs against - too much dust! Soudal foam and others like it look easy to use but maybe not as good as the ads suggest?

crack1.jpg

crack2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Never used either but need to patch up some first class building work ???? done a few years back. Lot of deep uneven cracks, all needs ripping out and re done but Mrs against - too much dust! Soudal foam and others like it look easy to use but maybe not as good as the ads suggest?

crack1.jpg

crack2.jpg

Don't worry about foam, just use some gaffer tape ????????

• Haha 2

That’s two different locations ?

slab is seriously defective. 
A floating floor of some sort is the only 1/2 feasible option if not pulling up and starting again. 
If you’re intent in NOT trashing it and starting again I’d rub a bit of sandpaper over the broken edge to remove the sharpness and fill with silicone (spray with soapy water/detergent and wipe to remove the excess silicone)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Id be worried  that looks like foundation settlement and water influx during rain  under the building ,, really needs serious investigation ,,

It's just an extension to a patio, part of the house, that's OK. The extending part cracked away due to subsidence and a bit of help from poor construction. Never thought of silicone just garden underneath it. They did not use proper hardcore or any rebar to join up to the existing base.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It's just an extension to a patio, part of the house, that's OK. The extending part cracked away due to subsidence and a bit of help from poor construction. Never thought of silicone just garden underneath it. They did not use proper hardcore or any rebar to join up to the existing base.

Yes, the second pic looks like a construction joint or slab joint that hasn’t been pinned. 
It MIGHT just sit like that forever or keep opening and closing with the moisture levels in the ground. 
Demolition of tiles and the new slab, pin and pour new slab, let it cure for 6 weeks and retile is what I’d do @ my place... sorry for the bad news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

Yes, the second pic looks like a construction joint or slab joint that hasn’t been pinned. 
It MIGHT just sit like that forever or keep opening and closing with the moisture levels in the ground. 
Demolition of tiles and the new slab, pin and pour new slab, let it cure for 6 weeks and retile is what I’d do @ my place... sorry for the bad news.

I wanted it done like most of the others not built up as we did but like this, though ours is a bit higher

step.jpg

• Like 1