Pattaya: Creepy pictures sum up dire state of tourism at once popular resort

webfact

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

People wanting to escape from where they have been cooped up for almost a year.

Most people have the opportunity to be able to walk outside and enjoy their own environment. People often live very close to beautiful places in their own towns, cities, countryside and so on where they can go for walks and runs. This is not a time for extravagant,  luxury holidays , but rather a time to focus on keeping safe and considering the safety of others around us. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 1/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, bristolgeoff said:

Those days will return when the virus is under control.walking st will be buzzing again as i remember just like the police van that was always at the front.Many are waiting to get back to thailand from many places

Sadly, many of those people are not coming back. They are dead. Covid has hit the Walking street  people the hardest - Over age 65, obese, smoker, pre-existing diseases of heart, kidney diabetes, lung.

Pattaya will become the convention capital of SE Asia once the redevelopment and clean up is finished.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, it will be back. But when? And how many owners, managers and employees will be bankrupt until then.

Should I care because I do not. Let's be honest- anyone who was collecting  barfine from a  lady was in practice a pimp.  Some of the beer bars were holes- nothing more than filthy places with uncomfortable seats and dirty tables. Having a pillow soiled with years of sweat didn't make it more comfortable to sit.

Many of the bars and clubs had monkey business going on and many customer had a bad outcome. Some of the bars were run by criminal types from Australia, Denmark, UK, Sweden. And the employees? Did not trust any I saw.  I have been to Pattaya for events. When you stay at Hilton or Meridien,  everything is safe, clean proper, but it is nothing special.

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

This is heartbreaking!

Where is your soul, people?

Sometimes the outcome is merited. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never looked at Thailand as luxurious or extravagant.  More like affordable and convenient, well it was

Maybe not luxurious to you, but i can guarantee it would be for  millions of other people.
My main point being is that it's a dangerous time to travel due to the severity of the virus, hence why these travel restrictions are currently in place. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Sadly, many of those people are not coming back. They are dead. Covid has hit the Walking street  people the hardest - Over age 65, obese, smoker, pre-existing diseases of heart, kidney diabetes, lung.

Pattaya will become the convention capital of SE Asia once the redevelopment and clean up is finished.

Should I care because I do not. Let's be honest- anyone who was collecting  barfine from a  lady was in practice a pimp.  Some of the beer bars were holes- nothing more than filthy places with uncomfortable seats and dirty tables. Having a pillow soiled with years of sweat didn't make it more comfortable to sit.

Many of the bars and clubs had monkey business going on and many customer had a bad outcome. Some of the bars were run by criminal types from Australia, Denmark, UK, Sweden. And the employees? Did not trust any I saw.  I have been to Pattaya for events. When you stay at Hilton or Meridien,  everything is safe, clean proper, but it is nothing special.

Sometimes the outcome is merited. 

That is your soul, but it isn't mine.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, Oldie said:

The quiet Pattaya is a unique tourist attraction. When this special time is over it can take endless years until you can experience it like this again. 

Your wrong

Thais love Pattaya. I speak full Thai. Pattaya will be back. Not 100%..But within 2 years unless they rezone..Any disaster is on the horizon with this destroying leader 

On 1/11/2021 at 9:25 AM, Oldie said:

The quiet Pattaya is a unique tourist attraction. When this special time is over it can take endless years until you can experience it like this again. 

"Special time is over...."    That is going to be a good while and not in 2021 for sure.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm more of the opinion the 'good times' have ended for everyone, everywhere forever.

And these photos are depicting the future as it is likely to be.

Right now I am still having "good times". 2020 was a pleasant year, now I am working at 2021. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

One could start wondering what's really going on here worldwide..... Do our so-called "leaders" really know what they're doing ? Have real doubts about that.

" Do our so-called "leaders" really know what they're doing ?"

Not in the "free" western part of the world anyway.

• Sad 1