Chonburi: Jail and 40,000 THB fines for those breaching provincial checkpoints

webfact

Thanks jacko45K, you're suggestion re online reporting did enter my mind  but I've never used that before so I hope it works. I have time in my favour as even given the 5 days late allowance I have 40 days before the cut off day. I will try it 14 days before it's due.

Thanks again, mason45. 

On 1/14/2021 at 8:51 AM, jacko45k said:

It would seem to be more sensible if they were on main highways at provincial borders but I hear rumours they are near cities (perhaps closer to the base of operations of the police manning them). That would seem silly as they cannot know who intends to cross into another province and who is going to Tesco. 

Just say you're going to Tesco the scenic route?

On 1/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, Susco said:

There is a check point on Sukhumvit right almost opposite Banglamung (Chonburi) police station, so anyone who enters will have to pass that check point.

The Chonburi border is about 60 km north of that border.

People just take a left at the last lights just before it  and the first right. You end up just past Maryvit. Everyone seems to be doing it. If they moved their checkpoint up 200 metres they word stop this but then I suppose is too far for them to walk back to the police station.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:25 AM, Kerryd said:

I'm wondering about the checkpoints as well. Supposedly we are allowed to travel within the province, but if they've got checkpoints set up at the police station in Bang Lamung, that means we can't even get to Laem Chabang (without it being some kind of essential or emergency reason) despite that being well within the "provincial" boundaries.

Chon Buri is quite large so it would be nice to know where we can, or can't, go.

Untitled.png.26c53cd37cca6db5e4b9a77c64a6ca0e.png

I went through the one outside Banglamung police station on my push bike yesterday. They were only taking temperature. Didn't see any papers required.

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

I went through the one outside Banglamung police station on my push bike yesterday. They were only taking temperature. Didn't see any papers required.

Yeah, that one (checkpoint) doesn't make sense. You can easily avoid it and it is only on the Inbound (to Pattaya) lane. At first it sounded like they were going to go full "lock down" mode like they did last year when they tried to "lock down" the center of Pattaya.
The only reason I can think of for that checkpoint is that they want to claim a hunk of that extra "covid funding" and need to look like they are doing something to justify the funding.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, that one (checkpoint) doesn't make sense. You can easily avoid it and it is only on the Inbound (to Pattaya) lane. At first it sounded like they were going to go full "lock down" mode like they did last year when they tried to "lock down" the center of Pattaya.
The only reason I can think of for that checkpoint is that they want to claim a hunk of that extra "covid funding" and need to look like they are doing something to justify the funding.

I drove twice from BKK to PATTAYA since the ckeckpoints and haven't been stopped once !

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, Susco said:

There is a check point on Sukhumvit right almost opposite Banglamung (Chonburi) police station, so anyone who enters will have to pass that check point.

The Chonburi border is about 60 km north of that border.

thats just a temperature check, no document check as far as i know. I've driven through it multiple times on a bike this past week just a quick temp check then on my way. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

OR BY POST????!!!!

Always wondered about that, I like to print of a receipt to put in my passport, where do they send it to...? And if you want it sent to where you are, Tak province, and you are reporting an address in Chonburi, does that bother them. 

(Also the fact that the post is not very good where I live and I fear trusting to it).

16 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

I drove twice from BKK to PATTAYA since the ckeckpoints and haven't been stopped once !

On what route, main highway past Survanabhumi or Route 3 (  i think ) past Laem Chabang / Sriacha etc?

I need a stealth trip to bkk, would drive and park at airport then take rail link downtown.

Thx.

• Haha 1