Chonburi: Jail and 40,000 THB fines for those breaching provincial checkpoints

webfact

Chonburi: Jail and 40,000 THB fines for those breaching provincial checkpoints

2pm.jpg

Thai media 77kaoded reported that measures to prevent the movement of people in and out of Chonburi were being stepped up as of today (Wednesday). 

People without the necessary documentation could be jailed for two years and /or fined 40,000 baht for crossing in and out of Chonburi.

They published pictures of large tailbacks and road blocks. 

They reported that Bang Lamung district chief Amnat Charoensri was getting tough with checkpoints on Sukhumvit Road into Pattaya and on Route 36 (Chonburi to Rayong) near the highways development office in Moo 10, Pong sub-district. 

Police, soldiers, protection agency officials and others would be checking temperatures and documentation. 

Only those with permission to travel can pass. 

In total there are 17 checkpoints across 11 districts.

The media urged all people to make sure they had the documentation if they intended to travel. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-13

5 minutes ago, pvdb said:

and these roadblocks are where and what time ?

A rumor I just heard is the highway from Bangkok to Pattaya is going to be under heavy surveillance starting today.  Same with some of the other highways.  I'll try to find a link. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Guess I won't be going to Makro Pattaya to stock up.

Well not if coming from Rayong or further... but  those residing in the Pattaya area should  be permitted to go shopping without any special documentation. This needs to be made clear.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well not if coming from Rayong or further... but  those residing in the Pattaya area should  be permitted to go shopping without any special documentation. This needs to be made clear.

From what I understand, it's just inter-provencial travel.  I've been all over Chonburi and not had any problems.  But I did see a checkpoint the other night in Baan Amphur, across from Phoenix GC road.  Where it always is for NYE and Songkran.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

SO WHAT documentation IS required??

Last I saw is:

1) Mor Chana app installed

2) Written reason to travel

3) Written approval from a local official of your travel plans

On top of that, you will be subject to temperature tests on the way out of the province.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I did see a checkpoint the other night in Baan Amphur, across from Phoenix GC road. 

Was there this morning - I was going the other way. But not in place when I returned about an hour or 2 ago.

I don't understand why there as hardly a provincial border and majority of traffic will be local?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I'm coming from Rayong, Makro in Pattaya has a few more items than Rayong and the road construction in Rayong is bad.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

From what I understand, it's just inter-provencial travel.  I've been all over Chonburi and not had any problems.  But I did see a checkpoint the other night in Baan Amphur, across from Phoenix GC road.  Where it always is for NYE and Songkran.

There is a check point on Sukhumvit right almost opposite Banglamung (Chonburi) police station, so anyone who enters will have to pass that check point.

The Chonburi border is about 60 km north of that border.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm wondering about the checkpoints as well. Supposedly we are allowed to travel within the province, but if they've got checkpoints set up at the police station in Bang Lamung, that means we can't even get to Laem Chabang (without it being some kind of essential or emergency reason) despite that being well within the "provincial" boundaries.

Chon Buri is quite large so it would be nice to know where we can, or can't, go.

Untitled.png.26c53cd37cca6db5e4b9a77c64a6ca0e.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I'm wondering about the checkpoints as well.

It would seem to be more sensible if they were on main highways at provincial borders but I hear rumours they are near cities (perhaps closer to the base of operations of the police manning them). That would seem silly as they cannot know who intends to cross into another province and who is going to Tesco. 

Edited by jacko45k

Hi there, has anyone got any ideas when the Chonburi checkpoints will  cease as I need to do a 90 days report in 6 weeks time. I know I should've reported a change of address but I was only going to where I am now for a short stay but her indoors change the plans without notice, which has left me in limbo. I may check out a permission to travel document at the local office. By the way where I am is not to far from the Bangkok - Pattaya motorway, 75 kms from Pattaya. Thanks,