Wanting to buy a Washlet Toilet - Model Bio Bidet BB 2000

James Roderick

I am renovating my apartment and have decided to buy a new loo!!. As sitting on the throne is a routine function that is not going to go away, I've decided to buy a top of the range toilet seat - to help in getting the job done. After some research , I've decided I should buy a Bio Bidet BB 2000 model - which is apparently a top--of-the range option. . My problem now is finding where in Bangkok or Pattaya this type of sanitary device is actually stocked and sold.

On this board , there seems to be experts on everything thai - I'm hoping someone can help me with my search

Many thanks in advance   

14 minutes ago, Salerno said:

That is a link to the US store (with all that implies regarding shipment and customs).  Because they look like a Thai firm does not make it so.????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That is a link to the US store (with all that implies regarding shipment and customs).

Budget wasn't mentioned; sometimes if your heart is set on something you do whatever you need to (never thought I'd write that on a fancy bum gun thread! 555). Ubuy is (allegedly) well versed in shipping around the world and deal with customs, personally have never used them but a friend has and reckons no problems.

From their FAQ:

CUSTOMS CLEARANCE

• DO I NEED TO PAY EXTRA AMOUNT FOR CUSTOMS AFTER PLACING AN ORDER?
    You don't have to pay any extra amount to the customs authority at the time of clearance. In case, they ask for any extra amount for clearance, you need to contact us immediately.
  • WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE?
    Shipping company will take care of customs clearance procedure but in case, there is a need for declaration or additional documents, you need to provide those documents to the shipping company so they can present it to customs authority.
  • WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF SHIPMENT STUCK IN CUSTOMS?
    In rare cases, a shipment can be stuck in customs and there is a need for declaration or additional documents from you. If you are failed to provide the requested declaration or additional documents then we will not be able to offer any refund from our side because the shipment will be confiscated by the customs authorities.

https://www.ubuy.co.th/en/faq

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Budget wasn't mentioned; sometimes if your heart is set on something you do whatever you need to (never thought I'd write that on a fancy bum gun thread! 555). Ubuy is (allegedly) well versed in shipping around the world and deal with customs, personally have never used them but a friend has and reckons no problems.

From their FAQ:

CUSTOMS CLEARANCE

You don't have to pay any extra amount to the customs authority at the time of clearance. In case, they ask for any extra amount for clearance, you need to contact us immediately.
    Shipping company will take care of customs clearance procedure but in case, there is a need for declaration or additional documents, you need to provide those documents to the shipping company so they can present it to customs authority.
    In rare cases, a shipment can be stuck in customs and there is a need for declaration or additional documents from you. If you are failed to provide the requested declaration or additional documents then we will not be able to offer any refund from our side because the shipment will be confiscated by the customs authorities.

They also do not provide shipping costs until you make your order.  Expect it is sky high including customs.

In this case a US item not sold or made for sale outside USA.  An item for bathroom that requires 110V electric and uses 1,400 watts.   This is the price on Amazon.

$641.87 + $457.91 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Thailand

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

From their FAQ:

CUSTOMS CLEARANCE

I bought this one, or its predecessor (or two) around the year 2000 in New Zealand, and it was great and it was still going strong when I left in 2006/7, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it into my ex-girlfriend's house in NZ, and when I last spoke to her, it is still going strong – – so no problem with reliability as far as I'm concerned!

As you can see they are available here in Thailand.

https://th.toto.com/en/washlet/ 

• Like 1

When remodeling our condo, we installed a toilet with a built-in bidet seat.  We found excellent selection at Home Pro, Boonthavoon and several other home improvement stores in Chiang Mai.  

In reading about the model mentioned by the OP, it would seem the only advantage of the one he wants is that it can accommodate a larger person.  The ones on offer in the Chiang Mai stores seemed to have smaller seats than what I remembered from the U.S., although they are OK for Hubby and me.  But, if the OP is more than 120 kg and spend much time sitting on the throne, then his desired model may be a good idea.

Otherwise, all the functions listed for the OP's desired bidet seat are performed by the one we bought locally, although I couldn't see the point of syncing it with the internet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NancyL said:

But, if the OP is more than 120 kg and spend much time sitting on the throne, then his desired model may be a good idea.

Or maybe not with requirement for 110v transformer in bathroom.   At least that would be a red flag to me (as well as the cost).

5 hours ago, NancyL said:

When remodeling our condo, we installed a toilet with a built-in bidet seat.  We found excellent selection at Home Pro, Boonthavoon and several other home improvement stores in Chiang Mai.  

In reading about the model mentioned by the OP, it would seem the only advantage of the one he wants is that it can accommodate a larger person.  The ones on offer in the Chiang Mai stores seemed to have smaller seats than what I remembered from the U.S., although they are OK for Hubby and me.  But, if the OP is more than 120 kg and spend much time sitting on the throne, then his desired model may be a good idea.

Otherwise, all the functions listed for the OP's desired bidet seat are performed by the one we bought locally, although I couldn't see the point of syncing it with the internet.

HI Nancy 

Which model did you eventually settle on - would you recommend it ?? Sorry for the very bad  pun !! Also, my weight hovers around 80 KG, so the seat wont be required to carry an overly large body frame !!

I have spent many years between Japan and Thailand. While in Japan certainly for the last 10 to 15 years I regularly used high end washlet toilets in Japan and bum guns in Thailand also in my apartment in Japan. The main benefit of the washlet toilet over the bum gun was the warm water, the disadvantage was the lack of water pressure.

So for me the bum gun in Thailand is the best choice. If I had a washlet here I would still use a bum gun.

SWMBO also spent considerable time in Japan and did not suggest that a washlet was something she wanted.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 1/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, James Roderick said:

HI Nancy 

Which model did you eventually settle on - would you recommend it ?? Sorry for the very bad  pun !! Also, my weight hovers around 80 KG, so the seat wont be required to carry an overly large body frame !!

I purchased a Kohler 4.8 liter based on the comfort of the seat.  I was self-conscious sitting on them in the store.

Our general contract installed it and by that time, having worked together for several months, we were pretty friendly.  He insisted I try it out while he waited outside the bathroom so I could get the correct pressure adjustment for the water nozzles.  He was able to adjust the one that replaces the the toilet gun to a higher pressure than the one that cleans the lady parts. 

Without that pressure adjustment procedure I don't think I'd like it as much because adjusting the water pressure involves crawling behind the toilet and turning valves near the floor behind the toilet in cramped space.  Not easy like turning the valve with a wall-mounted toilet sprayer.  I doubt that either Hubby or I, being old folk, have the ability to make water pressure adjustments to the toilet.

I love the heated water and toilet seat, plus the blue night light in the toilet bowl is kinda cool.

• Like 1