My retirement visa extension expires 18 February - need a couple more months due to covid

I was planning to leave Thailand on 18 February when my retirement visa extension expires, but it looks like the covid virus is going to force me to stay maybe a couple months longer. I am currently in Chiang Mai but was planning to go to Bangkok before my flight. 

Thanks for any help. Is it possible for me to stay in Thailand a couple months longer, due to covid?

• Confused 1

There is no other extension you can apply for unless married to or the parent of a Thai.

You may be able to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. At at this time they will no longer be available after the 29th of this month.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no other extension you can apply for unless married to or the parent of a Thai.

You may be able to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. At at this time they will no longer be available after the 29th of this month.

Thanks Ubonjoe for the heads up about the covid 19 extension until the 29th. That might work.

So maybe I should just try to get another year retirement extension...

I have had a balance in BKK Bank from US Social Security deposits:

350,000 + (Jan 2020 to July 2020)

400,000 + (July 2020 to present)

and

40,000 approx. monthly (US Social Security deposits for the past 5 years)

I am currently in Chiang Mai and I understand the combo method is not possible here?

If I go the Bangkok can I get a retirement extension using the combo method there?

To use your transfers into a Thai baht from abroad you will need 12 months of transfers. 

For the combination of income and money in a Thai bank for 2 months you would total your income for a year and would need enough in to reach a total of 800k baht (For example that would be 40k X 12 and 320k baht in the bank).

I think Chiang Mai is doing them now and Bangkok is certainly doing them.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To use your transfers into a Thai baht from abroad you will need 12 months of transfers. 

For the combination of income and money in a Thai bank for 2 months you would total your income for a year and would need enough in to reach a total of 800k baht (For example that would be 40k X 12 and 320k baht in the bank).

I think Chiang Mai is doing them now and Bangkok is certainly doing them.

Great. I will try to do a retirement extension in Chiang Mai on friday! 

If not possible, I will try in Bangkok. 

- thanks ubonjoe !

oh, I got my Non-O visa in Thailand around 5 years ago. Do I now need proof of health insurance to get a retirement extension?

or is the health insurance requirement still only for people that got their Non-O visa in their home country?

54 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

oh, I got my Non-O visa in Thailand around 5 years ago. Do I now need proof of health insurance to get a retirement extension?

You do not need insurance. It is only needed for those that entered the country with a OA visa.

56 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

or is the health insurance requirement still only for people that got their Non-O visa in their home country?

It does not matter where the non-o visa was issued there is still no need for insurance to apply for an extension.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need insurance. It is only needed for those that entered the country with a OA visa.

It does not matter where the non-o visa was issued there is still no need for insurance to apply for an extension.

Thanks again - I think I am set. Hopefully immigration in CM will give me the thumbs up.