SURVEY: Are you comfortable taking the Sinovac vaccine?

Scott

SURVEY: Are you comfortable taking the Sinovac vaccine?  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thailand has announced various deals for the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine.   The vaccine is somewhere between 50% and 60% effective.  Which of the following best represents your thoughts on taking the vaccine.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Current threads on the subject:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1201406-thailand-says-on-track-to-use-sinovac-vaccine-despite-trial-data/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1201511-thai-health-officials-try-to-clear-the-air-amid-concern-over-chinas-sinovac-vaccine/

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Oke this is just hypothetical, but what if my Thai wife gets the call to go for the SinoVac injection.

Can she refuse? And if so, what will be the consequences?

We don't want that SinoVac vaccine, and we are getting another Vaccine (when it's available) in a Private Hospital where we will pay for it ourselves.

That is pretty much my plan!  I would love to see puppet Chan and all the government people take it first plus personally I don't think they are buying it from China at this point China is trying to clean up their image they are pretty much giving it away of course consistent with this government corruption and lies the leader most likely will say it is being purchased and pocket the money like they always do using their own people as test cases.

• Like 1

It won't really matter in the end. Further mutations are going to require adjustments to the vaccines. The current crop may work for a couple of years, but then more will be required. 

I'd wait for more final phase tests and 'real time' results from Indonesia. 

You employer may will consider teachers 'essential workers' and teachers will need to get vaccinated to be able to work with children. But the only vaccine at that time may be the Chinese one - say take the Chinese vaccine or ...?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Re. the availability of the different vaccines to foreigners (and Thais willing to pay for it):

Thai private hospitals reserve COVID-19 vaccines ahead of approval

So, Thonburi's medical centres plan to offer two vaccine injections for 3,200 baht.

Its pretty clear what the Thai strategy on vaccination is now. The government supplies under half for its population and the rest will need to purchase from private hospitals and clinics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Re. the availability of the different vaccines to foreigners (and Thais willing to pay for it):

Thai private hospitals reserve COVID-19 vaccines ahead of approval

They are also ordering the Chinese vaccine which I am very surprised about but okay they are also getting a western one.

Quote:

We ordered one million doses of the Sinovac vaccine with an option to buy nine million more," Boon Vanasin, the chairman of Thonburi Healthcare Group Pcl, told Reuters.