Only Foreigners get Covid virus according to some golf courses

Joe15

For all my fellow forum participants who live in Prachuap Khiri Khan,: 

Thats nothing less than race discrimination.  I smell a large class action suit in the making.

The court house Is in Mueang Prachuap, and I would gladly hire an attorney to start the ball rolling.....

The Constitution of Thailand prohibits any discrimination on the grounds of origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic and social status, religious belief, education, or political views. Section 15 of the LPA and the Gender Equality Act B.E and Constitution.

Let the super race of Khon Thai find out for themselves, that they've been scrwered by their own people all the time. Education is the key and definitely not a strong point in the land. 

The bottle neck is always on top of the bottle ....... with with smart cookie Anutin and his underlings, all fighting the "dirty farang", the supreme race of pure Thais is protected and has nothing to worry - good luck to all those ignorant d1ckheads! 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Natai Beach said:

The stats definitely indicate the opposite. 
Someone in the UK, US is 1,100 times more likely to have it. 

And definitely more likely to ignore rules designed to limit the spread which is probably why they felt it necessary to introduce this temporary measure to protect the lives of their members. 

The score is on the board. 

Thais dying of Covid is a rare event. 

You can’t be too careful in a pandemic, especially with this new highly contagious mutant UK super strain variant that is now sweeping across the globe killing thousands.

It isn’t a time for political correctness. It is a time for common sense and preventative measures. 

I am sure once the foreigners get covid under control they will be welcomed back with a wai and the famous Thai smile.

Some are ignorant to facts and it's illustrated in the views they express. No one race or nationality is more likely to have covid than the guy next to them. Virus doesn't pick and choose by race or nationality  

On 1/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, JAS21 said:

That course is probably owned by the health minister’s brother, as they both talk the same language.....

I understand there are several golf courses in Thailand so this will be one to avoid when the good times return. 

16 hours ago, jvs said:

"These foreigners"will not be playing there although they may be caddies.

I do believe that Caddy in Thailand is a job reserved for Thais only... but I am very often wrong... according to my wife.anyway...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/01/2021 at 7:19 AM, PatOngo said:

Get it through your heads, NOBODY wants to sit in a quarantine hotel for two weeks!

On 15/01/2021 at 3:09 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The constant repetition of insulting state sponsored schemes to rid tourists of money just becomes tiresome.

Thailand is seriously hurting due to the absence of international tourist yet complete imbeciles are still trying to figure out ways to scheme more money from the very people it wants to attract. 

So often I’m astonished by the outrageously flawed mindset of those in positions who come up with this stuff. 

When I read news such as this I draw the opinion that Thailand doesn’t deserve tourists, but sadly it is the general population who would be hurt, while those in positions of power dream up more schemes from which to graft and skim funds.

On 20/01/2021 at 8:11 AM, robblok said:

Then get a reality check as that is not how it works int he real world.

On 17/01/2021 at 5:58 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The manner in which ‘some’ Thai’s can so clumsily and publicly put both 'feet in it' while urinating all over the combined face of common sense and political correctness never ceases to amaze me. 

So ignorantly arrogant is the mentality of those who make such policies they fail to recognise the elephant in the room, which in this case is not just in the room but knocking one out... They completely fail to understand that foreigners are no more at risk of having Covid-19 in Thailand than Thai’s.

Those foreigners who can not longer play at this course may well not do so in future. Perhaps they can afford to lose the business.

Has anyone given thought to creating a Facebook group similar to 2PriceThailand where we can more publicly expose and track these places barring entry to foreigners?

On 1/17/2021 at 7:30 AM, Thailand said:

So foreign guests of members are automatically Covid free.? 

Dumb as they come.

How can a country like Thailand who have mostly wonderful people, the vast majority are decent and honest, but have such a low mentality?

On 1/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, Natai Beach said:

Well, the golf course is banning all foreigners. If you look at the covid stats from today, most of the positive cases detected are indeed foreigners. 
And this latest deadly outbreak is a result of these foreigners.

Yes, Asian foreigners, not western.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 5:58 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The manner in which ‘some’ Thai’s can so clumsily and publicly put both 'feet in it' while urinating all over the combined face of common sense and political correctness never ceases to amaze me. 

So ignorantly arrogant is the mentality of those who make such policies they fail to recognise the elephant in the room, which in this case is not just in the room but knocking one out... They completely fail to understand that foreigners are no more at risk of having Covid-19 in Thailand than Thai’s.

Those foreigners who can not longer play at this course may well not do so in future. Perhaps they can afford to lose the business.

Each time I try to challenge my perception that so many Thais are some of the most intellectually challenged on the planet ,soon enough something like this comes along to reinforce my original judgement. Then I Google average IQ by country and look at the PISA educational tables and conclude that sometimes prejudices are well founded...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I do believe that Caddy in Thailand is a job reserved for Thais only... but I am very often wrong... according to my wife.anyway...

yes, correct, it was made a restricted job in 2013 or 2011 if I remember well

On 1/17/2021 at 8:03 PM, Natai Beach said:

A bit of a stretch. 
They have visas for under 50s also.
So everyone is “invited” to Thailand.

I don’t think you found out about the retirement visa and thought “Oh, wonderful, I have been invited to Thailand”

I don’t think the Thai owner of the golf course will be all that bothered or even notice.

I am sure he has plenty.

How many times have you played there already?

You might like to consider the consequences ( 1/3rd of tourist businesses gone bust featured here very recently) of what happens when you really‘uninvite ' guests. The million plus unemployed might also have some pause for thought. 

• Thanks 1

I am one of the Farang group that have played KK for over 30 years every Friday that are now banned unless accompanied by a member?

No problem; I am playing Panya Indra Golf Course now; better course.

Waste of time flogging a dead horse, just accepted their decision and moved on.

KK is an exclusive members golf course and the members made the call of banning of Farangs after a COVID related issue with a Farang. 

On 1/17/2021 at 2:54 AM, Lacessit said:

If I rock up to said golf club with my passport demonstrating I have not left Thailand for a year, I will still be rejected as a foreigner. That's discrimination, ignorant, and they deserve to go under.

Racial discrimination seems to be perfectly legal in this country.  Their country, their rules.  Don't like it, then go somewhere else.  Really.
It's a self licking ice cream cone. 
They say they only want RICH foreigners.  The rich foreigners show up and want to play golf or do other things the rich like to do.  Then they are told by Thai businesses that their foreign wealth doesn't mean anything because they are still just foreigners and it seems the racial discrimination is perfectly legal in Thailand and their own government is supportive of the racial discrimination.  Word get around and RICH foreigner go elsewhere.  No more ice cream cone.

Who knows.  Maybe it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of race.  If that's the case Thai authorities should give places like this a nudge.  But from what I've seen racial discrimination seems to be accepted if not perfectly legal.  Really.  Don't like it, don't come.   You have to be "well heeled" to get through the border now.  If being "well heeled" simply gets you nothing, you made a poor choice of travelling destinations.  This will shake out in the next few years.  People will go where they are accepted and will stop coming to places where they are treated like diseased carrying lepers even when your pockets are lined with cash.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2021 at 1:46 PM, Somchai Jackson said:

Maybe it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of race.  If that's the case Thai authorities should give places like this a nudge.  But from what I've seen racial discrimination seems to be accepted if not perfectly legal.

It is indeed illegal, however this is not a racial issue. Now if they refuse me, a farang but naturalized Thai, then that would be racial.