Only Foreigners get Covid virus according to some golf courses

Joe15

I don't golf but I know exactly where that course is as the first school I taught at was only about 2 Kilo away and I used to pass it a couple times a week being in the area, It's very nice and there was always a huge contingent of Japanese around that local area, there also are some big Japanese/Thai business ventures headquartered out that way which explains it I guess.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tonray said:

I don't golf but I know exactly where that course is as the first school I taught at was only about 2 Kilo away and I used to pass it a couple times a week being in the area, It's very nice and there was always a huge contingent of Japanese around that local area, there also are some big Japanese/Thai business ventures headquartered out that way which explains it I guess.

I wonder what these guys think of it ?

Clipboard01.png.2dbdcff046dac6be932a3474d840e108.png

Clipboard02.png.4f37077eda691e202d5bde5a1f5c0e09.png

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those foreigners who can not longer play at this course may well not do so in future. Perhaps they can afford to lose the business.

owning golf courses in thailand has nothing to do with profit/loss margin. I imagine there isn't a single one that will show a profit over its lifespan.  

9 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

Additionally Thais are allowed to discriminate. Their country, they can do what they want. You are an uninvited guest here.

Really? If I am an uninvited guest, why does the Thai Government have retirement visas for all foreigners over 50? Seems to me that is an invitation to come here and bring our money.

Sure, there are some Thais that discriminate. And when they turn around and want my custom afterwards, I remember.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Puccini said:

What are dalats?

Thai word for market, although it's also spelled talad. Thai spelling in the Greco-Roman alphabet is highly flexible, the only accurate spelling is in Thai script.

ตลาด
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Really? If I am an uninvited guest, why does the Thai Government have retirement visas for all foreigners over 50?

A bit of a stretch. 
They have visas for under 50s also.
So everyone is “invited” to Thailand.

I don’t think you found out about the retirement visa and thought “Oh, wonderful, I have been invited to Thailand”

Seems to me that is an invitation to come here and bring our money.

Sure, there are some Thais that discriminate. And when they turn around and want my custom afterwards, I remember.

I don’t think the Thai owner of the golf course will be all that bothered or even notice.

I am sure he has plenty.

How many times have you played there already?

Edited by Natai Beach
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, timendres said:

Please do explain how these US and UK persons, "1100 times more likely to have it", are getting into Thailand without a 15 day quarantine and multiple COVID-negative test results.

Well, the golf course is banning all foreigners. If you look at the covid stats from today, most of the positive cases detected are indeed foreigners. 
And this latest deadly outbreak is a result of these foreigners.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Maybe that club won’t care. I don’t know anything about it, but it must be pretty exclusive. I just see membership is for sale on one site at 3,500,000thb

If I just paid over $100,000 USD for a membership, I'd kinda like them to keep it exclusive, especially with Covid. 

Though I'd suggest the sign refer to "non-members" as opposed to "foreigners".  But my skin isn't so thin that I'd dismiss the possibility of poor and/or insensitive translation skills rather than xenophobia.

One of the reasons I truly enjoyed my 7 years working in Thailand is because I didn't spend my time and emotional energy trying to be angry about the way I was treated.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

A bit of a stretch. 
They have visas for under 50s also.
So everyone is “invited” to Thailand.

I don’t think you found out about the retirement visa and thought “Oh, wonderful, I have been invited to Thailand”

I don’t think the Thai owner of the golf course will be all that bothered or even notice.

I am sure he has plenty.

I researched four different countries for six months before settling on Thailand to retire as my best option.

I'm not sure what your point is, because if the Thais did not want retirees here, they would not have a visa specifically targeting the demographic.

You may be right about the owner, it's the caddies that bear the brunt of fewer players.