Thai police get it all wrong: Foreign tourist forced to the ground during Bangkok protest

webfact

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

I'm not sure lives were at risk at a peaceful student protest against corrupt officialdom.

Trouble flared initially at Victory Monument then at shopping centers where there was an explosion. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

Trouble flared initially at Victory Monument then at shopping centers where there was an explosion. 

No mention of where he was arrested. No sign of protestors in the pictures. Who were the cops trying to arrest and for what reason? Wasn't the explosion under a flyover bridge on Rama 4 road near Sam Yan? Vague and lame reporting as usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The post by Peerapon Boonyakiat was made after the dust settled on unrest in the capital on Saturday.

Tomorrows news: Peerapon Boonyakiat arrested and charged with defamation for posting on FB.

Edited by Phuketshrew

43 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand should use this in their next international propaganda campaign.

Inter provincial student tourists spend 2 billion baht at protest before police stepped in and quashed it???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Full story please. With the full context I may be able to understand what the farang was doing and also what reason the police had for restraining him. Meanwhile I'll go and read some Enid Blyton, that will throw as much light on the incident.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I would rather them make a mistake and potentially save lives by being proactive ! 

Anyone is capable of making a mistake, but in an area of an explosion I think they were acting appropriately and taking no chances with Public safety.

I agree with you on this one. Catch everybody suspicious, apologize if a mistake is made.