Jump to content

Heading to Hua Hin?


Mike E

Recommended Posts

After completing my quarentine, I'm hoping to head to Hua Hin on Feb 1.   I've rented a condo and I'm planning on renting a taxi for the trip once I check out of the ASQ and not spend any more time in Bangkok.  I've seen mention of needing some sort of travel permission.  Do I need to get permission from some agency to travel to Hua Hin?  Are there any official rules that I need to follow to travel there?  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they give a cerstificate or something after completion of quarantine? That being said I believe Hua Hin is in the red zone along with Bangkok and Samut Songkran so travel will be OK.

 

Let the train take the strain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if they give a certificate or anything at this point.  I'll let you know when I complete.  

 

Also, is all of Bangkok in the red zone?  I thought it was only the south districts near the fish market.  And I didn't think Hua Hin was in the red zone at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

there are not any checkpoints on the way to HH and prachuap province is not red zone.

Bangkok is still red zone, but restrictions are easing and road travel is allowed in any direction (might be different with air planes or even trains). Seems rules here are laxed in comparison to the rest red zones and to the other provinces.

 

town is completely deserted, even on weekends. Restaurants and massage are opened, but not bars

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've booked a taxi and the company said they just delivered a passanger to Hua Hin with no issues and no checks so shouldn't be a problem.  I'm planning on taking Kitesurfing lessons and not that interested in the bars but glad the restaurants are open.  Nearly deserted means that it won't be crowded out in the water so hopefully I won't be running into anyone as I learn to Kitesurf!  🙂

 

Thanks for all the help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I've booked a taxi and the company said they just delivered a passanger to Hua Hin with no issues and no checks so shouldn't be a problem.  I'm planning on taking Kitesurfing lessons and not that interested in the bars but glad the restaurants are open.  Nearly deserted means that it won't be crowded out in the water so hopefully I won't be running into anyone as I learn to Kitesurf!  🙂

 

Thanks for all the help!

Enjoy your Vacation and holiday, as obviously tourism is nearly non-existent, and if you can afford it, then splurge to your hearts content. Thinking of taking a ride down to Hua Hin myself from here in BKK, to enjoy empty locations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Enjoy your Vacation and holiday, as obviously tourism is nearly non-existent, and if you can afford it, then splurge to your hearts content. Thinking of taking a ride down to Hua Hin myself from here in BKK, to enjoy empty locations.

Well, if you're going down on the first and want company, I'm available!  LOL  🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Do they give a cerstificate or something after completion of quarantine? That being said I believe Hua Hin is in the red zone along with Bangkok and Samut Songkran so travel will be OK.

 

Let the train take the strain.

I think they just canceled a bunch of trains and routes?

 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/state-railway-of-thailand-furlows-57-locals-trains-from-tuesday

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yes they have canceled them, as the article says it is in order to stop the spread of Covid.  However, if the Government is doing such a bang up job and the cases are only mainly in Samut Sakhon, why decrease services.  Something does not add up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes they have canceled them, as the article says it is in order to stop the spread of Covid.  However, if the Government is doing such a bang up job and the cases are only mainly in Samut Sakhon, why decrease services.  Something does not add up.

21 cases in Bangkok yesterday.  With more in the areas around.  76 in Samut Sakhon.  Not that big of a difference.  And they're trying to slow the spread.  Mass transport is a great way for the virus to get around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

21 cases in Bangkok yesterday.  With more in the areas around.  76 in Samut Sakhon.  Not that big of a difference.  And they're trying to slow the spread.  Mass transport is a great way for the virus to get around.

Exactly, and well put, my post was in part sarcasm in the fact that there are very few follow-up reports on the locations currently here in Bangkok which have had infections, such as Icon Siam, The media individual, and the newest DJ.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, and well put, my post was in part sarcasm in the fact that there are very few follow-up reports on the locations currently here in Bangkok which have had infections, such as Icon Siam, The media individual, and the newest DJ.  

I was with a health care worker on Saturday.  There's a lot going on that never makes it to the English press, sometimes even the Thai press.

 

She said they are testing water to determine where the virus is?  I was shocked.  Not sure how that works.  I'm guessing waste water????

 

In the end, Thailand has done a great job with the virus.  We're lucky to be here and not back home!!!  Especially the US and much of Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I was with a health care worker on Saturday.  There's a lot going on that never makes it to the English press, sometimes even the Thai press.

 

She said they are testing water to determine where the virus is?  I was shocked.  Not sure how that works.  I'm guessing waste water????

 

In the end, Thailand has done a great job with the virus.  We're lucky to be here and not back home!!!  Especially the US and much of Europe.

I do agree Jeffr2, they have held it in check for the most part, All I would like to see is more clarity and not hiding the actual follow-up statistics, and reporting only what they want.  I understand they are trying to keep from panicking the public, but at the same time they have created a type of complacency.  I speak and do read Thai, and I watch the Thai media daily.  My GF, has many social media contacts not only in the migrant community, but in the Thai community as well, and we talk to the locals daily when we take our walks.  As told to us, what is shown is not completely above board and so they do not believe what they are hearing from the Thai Government when they see things differently.  I try not to compare Thailand at all with other countries, as it is not of a daily concern for me as I live here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That said. You have to admire the cool, calm, collected  decision making process of the SRT that they decide to cut services now, some 4 weeks after the recent outbreak when numbers seem broadly under control.. A bit like the train services themselves, slow and steady.

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mike E said:

After completing my quarentine, I'm hoping to head to Hua Hin on Feb 1.   I've rented a condo and I'm planning on renting a taxi for the trip once I check out of the ASQ and not spend any more time in Bangkok.  I've seen mention of needing some sort of travel permission.  Do I need to get permission from some agency to travel to Hua Hin?  Are there any official rules that I need to follow to travel there?  Thanks!

Taxi fare will be expensive, many mini-vans do the same run for far less.. or the alternative is an air-con train from Bangkok to Hua Hin

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, boriga said:

That said. You have to admire the cool, calm, collected  decision making process of the SRT that they decide to cut services now, some 4 weeks after the recent outbreak when numbers seem broadly under control.. A bit like the train services themselves, slow and steady.

We wouldn't want them to derail their cash flow until the need for services has declined to where it probably is now, and there is the crux of the reason for stopping 57 trains I do believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, and well put, my post was in part sarcasm in the fact that there are very few follow-up reports on the locations currently here in Bangkok which have had infections, such as Icon Siam, The media individual, and the newest DJ.  

 

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I do agree Jeffr2, they have held it in check for the most part, All I would like to see is more clarity and not hiding the actual follow-up statistics, and reporting only what they want.  I understand they are trying to keep from panicking the public, but at the same time they have created a type of complacency.  I speak and do read Thai, and I watch the Thai media daily.  My GF, has many social media contacts not only in the migrant community, but in the Thai community as well, and we talk to the locals daily when we take our walks.  As told to us, what is shown is not completely above board and so they do not believe what they are hearing from the Thai Government when they see things differently.  I try not to compare Thailand at all with other countries, as it is not of a daily concern for me as I live here.

I think there is complacency creeping and from what i can understand most locals here think all will be normal   e.g everything open again bars restaurant the lot from 1 February

Living here in PKK i am afraid most Thais think covid is over once again( they didn't get from BKK travelers over new year so its of little consequence now

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

I

 

She said they are testing water to determine where the virus is?  I was shocked.  Not sure how that works.  I'm guessing waste water????

 

 

Don't be shocked, nothing new here. I guess she was referring to wastewater analysis, something which has been done in various countries since March 2020 https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00973-x. Since then there have been loads of articles on this subject, see e.g. the following specific to the UK  https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53257101 and Australia https://www.health.nsw.gov. au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/sewage-surveillance.aspx.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Don't be shocked, nothing new here. I guess she was referring to wastewater analysis, something which has been done in various countries since March 2020 https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00973-x. Since then there have been loads of articles on this subject, see e.g. the following specific to the UK  https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53257101 and Australia https://www.health.nsw.gov. au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/sewage-surveillance.aspx.

 

Thanks!  I find it amazing they can do this!!  And are actually doing it here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...