American Beheading

OxfordWill

I just saw a news piece about an american beheaded by 'terrorists' in Iraq.

They cut to a piece about his wife, making a passionate plea for the safe return of her husband.

I'm pretty sure she looked Thai, did anyone else see it? "Please him come back, I no have nobody."

All very sad, I expect all foreigners in Iraq will again be assessing their positions.

Apparently the wife's sister is married to the guy who owns the B-52 bar in soi nana. The place has now got yellow ribbons tied all around it now, as a sign of prayer for Johnson. <copied from another BB>

God Bless , I hope they get the scum who did this, but somehow I doubt it.

Stroll , you're a &lt;deleted&gt; at times , but we knew that already.

:o

They cut to a piece about his wife, making a passionate plea for the safe return of her husband.

I'm pretty sure she looked Thai, did anyone else see it? "Please him come back, I no have nobody."

Sorry, confused. Is this the guy P. Johnson who was beheaded in Saudi, worked on Apache helicopters? Or is this someone else in Iraq?

Sorry, confused. Is this the guy P. Johnson who was beheaded in Saudi, worked on Apache helicopters? Or is this someone else in Iraq?

You're pretty perceptive.

And it was Saudi (beheadings in Iraq are not newsworthy any more)

It was on every BBC world news broadcast over the past 24 hours and it was stated that she is indeed Thai. She made a plea (pre-beheading) for her husband to be released, which unfortunately went down like a concrete parachute with her husband's captors.

AND she looked to be (if you an tell by looking) to be a very nice lovely lady.

My sincere condolences to her and, to his family.

She's definitely Thai, she's been named in most of the western media reports as Khun "Noom"

What a tragic thing to happen to her husband.

Does anyone know if Paul Johnson ever made an appearance in the forum?

Sincere Condolences to his family etc.

i feel sad for his wife ,however ,what can be expected when americans kill and maim women and children in iraq . does the american public care about these people ???? this will only get worse while american foreign policy follows its current course . this will be a very unpopular post i know amongst many ,but why is this mans life worth more than many who die every day . american policy and attitude has and continues to create hatred towards the western world. does the american government really think it is creating a safer world ??

i feel sad for his wife ,however ,what can be expected when americans kill and maim women and children in iraq . does the american public care about these people ???? this will only get worse while american foreign policy follows its current course . this will be a very unpopular post i know amongst many ,but why is this mans life worth more than many who die every day . american policy and attitude has and continues to create hatred towards the western world. does the american government really think it is creating a safer world ??

Take it to the BearPit, pal... :o

dont get me wrong ,i do NOT condone this ,but it is an inevitable response of people who have no other way of fighting back (i.e. beheadings ,suicide bombings )the british government at the time of american independence probably described americans as terrorists , as did the nazis of the french resistance

boon mee ,,i take it you are american then?? please let everybody know why an american life is more sacred than any other !!!

An American life isn't worth any more than anyone elses. The point here is the poor guy who got whacked was working for the Saudis through Lockheed Martin. Just supporting his family - who happen to be Thai by the way and minding his own business.

What's your point posseum? It's OK to whack Americans because you don't believe in the war on Terror? :o

as an ex soldier myself (british )could somebody please explain to me me what constitutes a terrorist ??? i spent 3 years in belfast being targetted by the IRA . (a terrorist organisation )an organisation largely funded by NORAID ,an american organisation whose idea of the IRA was "FREEDOM FIGHTERS " i would love to know the difference ???

my point is many people are dying every day as a result of your "war on terror" and suddenly we need to be concerned because he has a thai wife ??? or is it because he was american ??

Just because he is a human being, Possom.

This is unacceptable, despicable, ... and I offer my deepest sympathy to his family.

But I understand your frustation.

I even share it, sometimes,...

bbc world news has just reported 20 iraqis killed by an american airstrike .(saturday evening 20:10) do i take it that this is 20 times worse and we will all be horrified accordingly ???? or is this somehow justified !! i wonder how much news coverage we will see about this in the next day or so !!

bbc world news has just reported 20 iraqis killed by an american airstrike .(saturday evening 20:10) do i take it that this is 20 times worse and we will all be horrified accordingly ???? or is this somehow justified !! i wonder how much news coverage we will see about this in the next day or so !!

Well, those 20 who just perished were terrorists? You want to wait until they set off a dirty bomb in your town or get them now? :o

as an ex soldier myself (british )could somebody please explain to me me what constitutes  a terrorist ??? i spent 3 years in belfast being targetted by the IRA .  (a terrorist organisation )an organisation largely funded by NORAID ,an american organisation whose idea of the IRA was  "FREEDOM FIGHTERS " i would love to know the difference ???

A terrorist is someone who targets civilians to be killed for political gain.

Some Irish Americans did help fund the IRA, but most Americans wanted nothing to do with them. I bet even those sources have dried up now.

Apologies. Live and learn. :o

Mr. Vietnam:

Sorry, but this is off topic. I don't know how to address this to you on a new thread. I bought a new house in Saigon in March and the wiring seems to be screwed up. There has been considerable discussion about faulty wiring on this site. Do you know anybody in Saigon who can be trusted to straighten out the wiring? :o

To Dr. Pat Pong and other site monitors: sorry about this being off topic. How do I start a new thread?