50 mg tramadol (without added paracetamol)

BobBKK

I last bought this about 5 years ago (TINDOL) but now pharmacies only want to sell it as a 37.5mg/325mg paracetamol combination.

Is this now standard or can I still get the pure 50mg anywhere?  (not in a hospital and without prescription).

42 minutes ago, ImageDude said:

I buy these over the counter in my local pharmacy.  ANADOL 50mg capsules. They will only sell 20 capsules per person per visit. Sometimes they want me to sign but mostly they don't.

Hope this helps.

ID

DSC00118.JPG

May I ask where?  or PM me if you are uncomfortable posting - many thanks

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

May I ask where?  or PM me if you are uncomfortable posting - many thanks

I am in Chiang Rai and the pharmacy is in the town centre. I tried a few pharmacies before I got to this one, Other pharmacies told me that they had stopped selling it some time ago. The wife usually comes with me and I am able to buy 40 capsules at a time.

Edited by ImageDude

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You can certainly still get plain Tramadol. Larger pharmacy is the best option, smaller ones often do not carry it.

Would help if you indicated where in Thailand you live.

I'm sorry I'm in Chiang Mai now.

Try:

Fascino on Suthep road, GPS 18.789033, 98.9734

or

Peera pharmacy just inside Thae Pae Gate on  Rachadamoen Road (the beginning of the Sunday Walking street market) on the left

or Pharma Square pharmacy -  near Peera

Pharmacies are required to keep record of all sales so don't be surprised if they ask for ID. And they may limit the amount you can buy at one time. Teenagers have been abusing it, is the problem.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You can certainly still get plain Tramadol. Larger pharmacy is the best option, smaller ones often do not carry it.

Would help if you indicated where in Thailand you live.

I though Tramadol were prescription only..Please clarify...Ta.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, BobBKK said:

I last bought this about 5 years ago (TINDOL) but now pharmacies only want to sell it as a 37.5mg/325mg paracetamol combination.

Is this now standard or can I still get the pure 50mg anywhere?  (not in a hospital and without prescription).

I can only seem to find ultracet same combination, never heard of Anadol, is it the same combo? Ultracet is a bit pricey. Oh just read the label 50mg, will try and get some Anadol next time

Edited by Orton Rd

5 hours ago, TSF said:

Be extra careful using Tram, damn addictive stuff, once your hooked it's up there with heroin and other opiates withdrawals. I was hooked on the stuff for several years and it took 2 detox treatments in Aussie drug & alcohol centers to get me off it. 

I have also been hooked on this drug. It is very similar to opiates, with similar withdrawals. It is  irresponsible to self-administer this drug, unless you are a doctor. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-tramadol-a-risky-pain-medication-2019061416844#:~:text=In 2014%2C the FDA designated,therefore is more tightly regulated.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 10:28 AM, ImageDude said:

I buy these over the counter in my local pharmacy.  ANADOL 50mg capsules. They will only sell 20 capsules per person per visit. Sometimes they want me to sign but mostly they don't.

Hope this helps.

ID

DSC00118.JPG

Do not confuse with Anadrol

17 hours ago, TSF said:

Be extra careful using Tram, damn addictive stuff, once your hooked it's up there with heroin and other opiates withdrawals. I was hooked on the stuff for several years and it took 2 detox treatments in Aussie drug & alcohol centers to get me off it. 

Hi, good advice. To be honest I use it on my non-drinking days (50mg) 3 days a week just to help me sleep but i think I might re-think that. Good you are ok now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Hi, good advice. To be honest I use it on my non-drinking days (50mg) 3 days a week just to help me sleep but i think I might re-think that. Good you are ok now.

I was first given it by a dentist in Sri Racha, lovely stuff, when that ran out I spotted some on a pharmacy shelf and got some more. Fast forward a few years and I needed rehab/detox. Anyway, I know what you mean about need something to sleep on non drinking days, I do too, I take half a xanax tab. Works well. I realize I may have developed a mild dependency on my half xanax but it's nothing I can't handle, Tram on the other hand was off the rails, if I went to bed and forgot a dose I'd wake around 2 or 3am with legs shaking & twitching and would get up, drop a Tram and suffer for an hour or so til the Tram kicked in and I could sleep again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TSF said:

I realize I may have developed a mild dependency on my half xanax but it's nothing I can't handle

Careful there, I've been down that road. Mild dependency and Xanax don't look right together.

Have you ever tried Trazadone or Gabapentin? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I started using MELATONIN 5mg.  to help me sleep and have found it to be very effective with no druggy hangover in the morning.  I'm 92kg.  If you weigh significantly less than that, perhaps start with 3mg. tablets. 

Available on Lazada.

• Like 1

Thanks everybody - I'm going to stop now before it gets a hold. A friend suggested it but I'm going to try alternatives - I just need to sleep. I have tried melatonin before but will buy some of that brand Sheryl recommends.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 10:00 AM, TSF said:

I was first given it by a dentist in Sri Racha, lovely stuff, when that ran out I spotted some on a pharmacy shelf and got some more. Fast forward a few years and I needed rehab/detox. Anyway, I know what you mean about need something to sleep on non drinking days, I do too, I take half a xanax tab. Works well. I realize I may have developed a mild dependency on my half xanax but it's nothing I can't handle, Tram on the other hand was off the rails, if I went to bed and forgot a dose I'd wake around 2 or 3am with legs shaking & twitching and would get up, drop a Tram and suffer for an hour or so til the Tram kicked in and I could sleep again.

There but for the Grace of God go I. I wish you well and hope your troubles are behind you - I am heeding the advice.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, Sheryl said:

Try:

Fascino on Suthep road, GPS 18.789033, 98.9734

or

Peera pharmacy just inside Thae Pae Gate on  Rachadamoen Road (the beginning of the Sunday Walking street market) on the left

or Pharma Square pharmacy -  near Peera

Pharmacies are required to keep record of all sales so don't be surprised if they ask for ID. And they may limit the amount you can buy at one time. Teenagers have been abusing it, is the problem.

not only teenagers obviously..

What about the pure 100 mg. Tramadol slow release available in some CM pharmacies?  

To add, Tramadol may be one of the worst drugs I have ever taken for sleep.  In fact, it can cause sleeplessness and terrible nightmares when you doze off.  At least that was my experience even taking 50 mg.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

There but for the Grace of God go I. I wish you well and hope your troubles are behind you - I am heeding the advice.

All ok now mate. My last rehab was about 10 years ago, and I've been completely off the stuff since then. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

i also find Melatonin very helpful but take 10 mg.  Puritan Pride brand, from Lazada.

It's interesting that Melatonin seems to effect different people in  different ways.  A couple of times when 5mg. didn't seem to be working I tried 10mg. but I found it seemed to make it more difficult to wake up at my normal time and I tended to sleep on an extra hour, sometimes more. 

If I did make myself get-up at my usual time I would often feel very drowsy for the better part of the morning.

• Like 1