Biden takes sweeping steps to curb climate change, vows job creation

webfact

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve said all along, Biden is going to be a lot more radical than people expect.

Which is a good thing.

Lots of sulking Bernie supporters just won't let go. Progressives like Paul Krugman, Jordan Weissman, and Dean Baker disagree with them.

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve said all along, Biden is going to be a lot more radical than people expect.

Which is a good thing.

Yeah, it's amazing what a very old white man can get away with that Barack Hussein Obama couldn't. Say it is so, Joe!

I wouldn't say radical though. I would say RATIONAL. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I seem to recall another recent Democrat president saying under his leadership, the earth would begin to heal and the sea levels would even stop their rise...how has that worked out? I guess we're just back to the future.

“[T]his was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal ..." Barack Obama upon winning the Democratic nomination for president conveys his thinking of what that means for the world. June 3, 2008

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/547906-this-was-the-moment-when-the-rise-of-the-oceans

And some people say President Trump suffers from megalomania. 

Oh dear.

So much resistance by some, fighting against their best interest. 

Don't want to go in debt  doing good things for themselves, but have no trouble , screaming "we are number one" while going into debt in wars killing brown people. 

If we are wrong about  the relationship of pollution to global warming ,we will have a little bit less money  but  a clean world

where if you are wrong , you   will have a little more money , but no world, and then you are you going to need.  off planet banking ???? 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tug said:

True temp jobs installing a pipeline to move tar sands oil that is extremely difficult to refine pollution intensive not economically viable rite now that a lot of folks don’t want imo we should be working on less harmful forms of energy so projects like this aren’t needed or even considered let’s employ 22,000 folks on renewables 

I doubt that renewables will need 22,000 workers, as most of it will probably be automated manufacturing using robots. Where humans will be needed as in transport and erection, I doubt many will be needed and the wages will likely be no where as good as they were getting on the pipeline.

BTW, the tar sand oil is apparently coming in by rail, and that will likely continue. The pipeline would, IMO, have been more environmentally friendly to transport the oil.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/28/2021 at 4:26 PM, Isaan sailor said:

He closed Keystone Pipeline project, killing 11,000 American jobs.  He suspended drilling leases on government property and Gulf of Mexico.  This looks like a death blow for the oil industry.  How about keeping the industry alive until you can replace the jobs you ended?

Fox talking point is Fake news dude.

I like taking all the unemployed and hiring them to make solar panels. You did know China subsidized the largest panel maker in China  to BUY the industry years ago

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You must have missed this article.  Seems Biden's plan was better than Trump's.  Who would have guessed? :cheesy:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/economist-biden-plan-creates-7-million-more-jobs-than-trump.html

Economic Forecast: Biden Plan Will Create 7 Million More Jobs Than Trump

Moody’s Analytics, an economic-research firm, has published an economic forecast weighing the effects of Joe Biden and Donald Trump’s proposals. It finds Biden’s plan would produce dramatically faster job growth and higher wages for most workers.

Biden’s proposals would lead to 18.6 million new jobs during his first term, and the average American’s income (after taxes) would increase by $4,800. Trump’s policies would lead to an increase of 11.2 million new jobs by 2025, with minimal real income gain for average households.

Well let's hope their predictions are more accurate than 4 years ago.  :cheesy:

Trump’s policies would cause ‘lengthy recession’: Moody’s

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/21/trumps-policies-would-cause-lengthy-recession-moodys.html

“During Mr. Trump’s presidency, the average American household’s after-inflation income will stagnate, and stock prices and real house values will decline.”

Moody’s estimates that the recession from Trump’s proposals would run from 2018 into 2020, during which time GDP would fall 2.4 percent, or more than the decline during the Great Recession, while the jobless rate would peak at 7.4 percent in 2021

Edited by PattayaJames
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

Well let's hope their predictions are more accurate than 4 years ago.  :cheesy:

Trump’s policies would cause ‘lengthy recession’: Moody’s

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/21/trumps-policies-would-cause-lengthy-recession-moodys.html

“During Mr. Trump’s presidency, the average American household’s after-inflation income will stagnate, and stock prices and real house values will decline.”

Moody’s estimates that the recession from Trump’s proposals would run from 2018 into 2020, during which time GDP would fall 2.4 percent, or more than the decline during the Great Recession, while the jobless rate would peak at 7.4 percent in 2021

And they were spot on.  Look where we are now. :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1