Exclusive: Proud Boys leader was ‘prolific’ informer for law enforcement

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Tarrio, based in Miami, became the national chairman of the group in 2018.

Wonder what the Proud Boys are gonna do with their federal government informer/leader now? 

And to make it 'worse" -- at least in Proud Boy circles --  the OP article indicates that Tarrio's federal informant days were during the Obama Administration...  Ohhh Lordy!!!!    :cheesy:

• Haha 2

Just now, pedro01 said:

Who in their right mind would publish this article, knowing the likely outcome of this information being widely known?

Forget which side of the political spectrum this guy was on, he was putting himself in danger by snitching. I am not naïve enough to think he did it out of the goodness of his own heart but he did provide a valuable service in helping authorities solve serious crimes. 

So why would journalists touch this story? Don't they understand that it may result in his death?

Talk about incitement.

So you're OK with suppressing news/facts cuz they might hurt feelings? Should we start burning books?

• Like 2

Just now, pedro01 said:

This isn't about hurt feelings is it? Surely you aren't that naïve. 

This is about a person being put in a violently dangerous situation because the press has a salacious story. It's also about future informants fears that the media may out their involvement in assisting authorities. 

So Facebook/Twitter should have silenced 45 years ago? People died because of his incitement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J Town said:

So Facebook/Twitter should have silenced 45 years ago? People died because of his incitement.

I didn't see Trump outing police/FBI informants - but if he did - then I would apply the same argument. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1