Tourism minister: Foreigners will start returning in second half of the year -10 million on the way

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan told the Thai media that all those under his command were working on the 2021 tourism masterplan.

The "billionaire" minister should retire, have a nice life and allow someone in to do the job who is qualified.

• Like 2

If i get my vaccination , and my country and Thailand will allow it , then i will travel Thailand this year . I am expecting end of september/october , and since i got 2 months for travel , i even would consider quarantine . I think by that time , many/most European and a few others would have gotten their vaccination so numbers should be very low . I think the 10million might be possible for sure , starting Q3 and getting on full steam Q4 . For reaching those numbers , we need a few things , and quarantine out is 1 of them , but they are now talking about it , and as soon as the hospital admissions would start drop , related to the vaccination , then we would see much clearer answers .

This is an old prediction.  I have seen it repeated over and over.  Even with the vaccine there is no way in hell that 10 million people are coming to Thailand in the 3rd quarter.  I guess it is his job to bolster morale in the tourist industry but pie in the sky predictions like this are going to be heart crushing when they do not pan out.

The 5 O'clock Follies!  Tourists won't be coming back in great numbers until the quarantine is ended.  Not reduced to 10 days, 7 days, 4 days, but when it reaches zero days.  Until then you can spin it anyway you want but tourists won't return until the quarantine has ended.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Just makes me want to sing, so happy, so lucky to live in a country where all is right and millions would come and visit.  The Tourism Minister must be singing the following:

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharin' all the world
Yoo, hoo, oo-oo

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

You could not have come up with anything better than one of the words and by the the greatest himself the  great JHON LENNON.