PM assures the COVID-19 outbreak in Thailand is at “acceptable levels”

rooster59

the thing is - burmese are still coming, to take advantage of legalising their stay in thailand.

the government estimate some 100k coming with this purpose. They are aware, but unable to do much - the green border crossings can't be stopped, and still immigration officials do take bribes for stamping in.

with about 10% of them being infected it would bring to thailand 10k cases.

so it might be not all rosy within the next month.

those burmese won't be coming to samut sakhon anymore, as area is closed. They would be coming to the other coastal provinces in the gulf, which are even closer to birma border.

thai employers, which are partly mafia establishments, "employing" slaves, would take care of human trafficking and giving them work in the other portal towns. They will shift their operations from samut sakhon, where the central government is controlling situation tightly. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

We'll soon 'see'.

Perhaps it's airtight?

I thought maybe it was some sort of Houdini escape scenario  " and for my next trick "  .. 

it is a glass case isn't it only I can't find my glarses ...

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

acceptable levels?? where?? in Samut Sakhon everyday around 800 because of al of testing a special group.. How about some mass testing in another province to know if it are ONLY this specific group of habitants ?? Than we are able to speak of acceptable levels or not an act to it

• Like 2

If they are at "acceptable" levels why can I not have a quiet drink in my local Bar in Bangkok where 

I am joined by a few others from the local area only..

It is not the expat bars that will spread the virus it is the "Hi Sos" still insist on parties & travelling around the country as if nothing has happened.

Isolation into areas with some stringent no go rules is the only chance of "isolation" but I see

that the road block checks have been done away with so the Myanmar people can also travel wherever they wish now with impunity.

• Like 1