New Rule for UK when in ASQ

Robin

I am on day 8 of ASQ and just had my first time outside my room yesterday and looking forward to today's 'break.'

I have just been told that theere is a new rule from Thai gov today; anyone from UK serving time in ASQ has to be confined to room for the duration of ASQ, with no room cleaning.  Due to increased cases of Covid reported in UK.

Is this UK being penalised for honest ttestign and reeporting?

Still hopeful that I will make it to day 15 and be released, but never under-estimate the ability of Thailand to come up with some new rule

Quite sensible & understandable with some ASQ inmates without masks puffing & panting as they jog around others walking and others stood chatting in groups.

U r very lucky to have escaped this confinement until now when most hotels introduced it shortly after the faster spreading variant was identified in the UK.

New rule has to do with the 'Kent' variant (B.1.1.7), that spreads much faster  (R 35-70% higher depending on whom to believe) than the Wuhan and other early strains  https://www.euronews.com/2020/12/19/what-we-know-about-the-uk-s-more-infectious-coronavirus-strain. Many countries actually stopped air traffic from the UK due to the new variant. There are numerous other problematic new strains so expect restrictions for other countries of origin (S Africa, Brazil) both here in ASQ as well as abroad. In addition, the mutants are already fairly widespread, UK has just banned flights from the UAE due to concerns over the SA variant https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-29/u-k-bans-flights-from-dubai-rest-of-uae-to-stop-new-strain