Pattaya’s bars and clubs re-open today - but will anyone visit?

webfact

Pattaya’s bars and clubs re-open today - but will anyone visit?

2pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

Thai media Pattaya Update News published an upbeat story quoting several business owners in the entertainment industry who expressed their delight at being able to reopen today.

But the question remains - will there be any tourists coming? 

Foreign tourists are of course out of the question. But are out of towners ready to travel after the second wave of the pandemic. 

Many places are not opening fearing that income will not cover overheads. 

P.U.N. said it was cheers from the industry after the Covid-19 situation in Bang Lamung abated and entertainiment was allowed to open from February 1st - albeit with a strict 11pm closing time. 

An executive at Nidcha Home Bar in Soi Bua Khao declared the area safe and urged visitors to come now that out of province travel was permitted. 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

Urging people to travel they said that local and national economies needed boosting.

Niwet Thaweephon at Area 39 in Tree Town said that Covid had been utterly terrible for business. The news from the authorities was a welcome relief.

They will have all the protocols such as social distancing in place to welcome visitors and have items such as hand washing gels and thermometers. 

But as bars did cleaning and prepared their places last night the media reported that many will remain shut doubting whether it would be worth their while to bother opening just yet. 

Source: Pattaya Update News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-01

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

They will be packed today, at least the local and established ones. The following days will be quiet before the weekend party crowd, especially with bkk still shut down

Indeed.  Loads of my colleagues from Bangkok are planning on partying in Patts; some this week and lots at the weekend.  Good to see things getting back to life.  Not sure why Bangkok is being so slow to open up again.

49 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

To say that bars can now sell beer while simultaneously making Walking Street impassable simply boggles the mind ????

Walking Street played a minor role since months. Only a small part operated anyway.

I had seen this in October and beginning of December.

Go where the action is.

Pattaya is bigger than WS.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Everywhere was busier than I had seen it in months.  People were cooped up too long and couldn't wait to get out of the house.

I heard the clubs were extremely busy too (that were open).  

...and they were open at least til 2am.    Must have been a good envelope.

20 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Perhaps because of the new cases discovered every day in Bangkok.
Yesterday for example:
"Of the new cases, 39 had been exposed to the virus while visiting high-risk areas, with Samut Sakhon leading the list with 32 cases, followed by five in Bangkok and two in Ratchaburi"

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30402097?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

5 is negligible.  That said, maybe the over-cautious approach is a good idea.  Luckily I don't own or work in a business that is affected by these (unnecessary) lockdowns.