How to value an old bike.

Kwasaki

I know that some guys here have old bikes so what are they worth. 

My one is 27years old and as some here know I brought it back to life and it goes well looks good and you could pick holes in some scratches and body parts obviously but would a buyer expect an old bike to look new. 

Reason my wife asked how much to sell, and I have no idea. 

So question :-

How do you price a 1993 Supersport Honda Fireblade CBR900RR there are none I kind find advertised in Thailand only UK & Europe & USA. 

Edited by Kwasaki

Hate to disappoint, but, your bike just isn't old enough to warrant an increase in price.

I have three Honda Cubs that are 39, 40 and 41 years old. The prices offered to me only started going up after they reached 30 years old.

Most Thais would ask for a discount because of the age.

Of course, you could get lucky......

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Hate to disappoint, but, your bike just isn't old enough to warrant an increase in price.

I have three Honda Cubs that are 39, 40 and 41 years old. The prices offered to me only started going up after they reached 30 years old.

Most Thais would ask for a discount because of the age.

Of course, you could get lucky......

I'm not asking about old non-ped bikes I'm after old Big-bike evaluations.

It is worth what someone will pay:)

it won’t be regarded as a classic here . It will be seen as an old bike with no spares available in Thailand . Just advertise it for what you would like to get and see if you get any offers .

Thais will expect a discount .

good luck 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enfield said:

It is worth what someone will pay:)

it won’t be regarded as a classic here . It will be seen as an old bike with no spares available in Thailand . Just advertise it for what you would like to get and see if you get any offers .

Thais will expect a discount .

good luck 

Thanks but not selling that will left to my wife when my numbers called in. ????

1 hour ago, papa al said:

The bike looks good in the picture.

69,000-baht

Some of Thailands secondhand old bike still ask a lot, in the UK my son said the blades of 1992, 1993, 1994 go for between £2,500 & £5,000.

As said not the same Thailand and the fact it's a Supersport bike which are not popular as I see it. 

So your price seems reasonable at the lowest figure. ????????

Edited by Kwasaki

Difficult to value without upsetting someone , but i think , if all paperwork/greenbook is OK , about 80K. Blades in England begin at this price and the bike will be sought after there. In Thailand its just a big bike with scarce spare parts. I know you arent selling (wishing a long and happy ride). Had a 98 model.

10 hours ago, Katipo said:

Might I suggest you go to http://mocyc.com/market.html . This is the largest 2nd hand motorcycle site in Thailand. You'll be able to compare your bike to others to get an idea of it's value, and also find a buyer if you choose to list it there.

Thanks for that, I'm not selling but wanted and idea of a reasonable price for my mrs to sell the bike when the time comes.

Looking for prices of old supersports bike are few and far between.

The new 2021 Fireblade SP that's to be sold in Thailand is over one million baht.????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Difficult to value without upsetting someone , but i think , if all paperwork/greenbook is OK , about 80K. Blades in England begin at this price and the bike will be sought after there. In Thailand its just a big bike with scarce spare parts. I know you arent selling (wishing a long and happy ride). Had a 98 model.

Thanks it's a weird secondhand market place Thailand certainly with cars but s/h motorbike market you can get a bargain.

Nah I don't get upset I have some idea of what the Thai market is like I've sold some bikes here and if your not prepared to except lower offers you'd be lucky to sell it. ????

It's a legit bike built 1993 in Japan, bought by a dealer in Ko.Samui and was bought by a UK guy, has a Thai green book.

I was thinking say a 95,000 asking price and if they offer say 85,000 give them the as you say scarce essential spare parts I have bought for the bike which come to 10,000 baht.

If mrs cannot get more than say 60,000 take it, then she best give spare parts to my son in UK to take back UK and sell for her. 

The twin round headlamp models , 92/93 are collectable. Yours has the air holes , but fox eye lights , so maybe late 93/early 94. Have you confirmed with eng/chassis .numbers. Urban tiger model is beautiful. I had a 98 model. They went FI in 2000 and it was rubbish. I was invited by Stratford Honda , near my home in England , to try the first version of the Fireblade SP. It wasnt very good. Not compared to my Aprilia Factory anyway. 

Some time ago I had a VFR400. I visited Red Barron near Minburi and I asked them to check the bike and give me an idea what has to be repaired. They pointed out a lot of things which I never even thought about.

After that inspection two mechanics approached me and asked me if I want to sell my bike and they made me right away some offers, cash.

I didn't sell my bike at that time because I had no intention to sell it. But this gave me an idea about the value of my bike. If mechanics were willing to pay amount x then I am sure I should get more from "normal" buyers.

2 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

The twin round headlamp models , 92/93 are collectable. Yours has the air holes , but fox eye lights , so maybe late 93/early 94. Have you confirmed with eng/chassis .numbers. Urban tiger model is beautiful. I had a 98 model. They went FI in 2000 and it was rubbish. I was invited by Stratford Honda , near my home in England , to try the first version of the Fireblade SP. It wasnt very good. Not compared to my Aprilia Factory anyway. 

My 92 blade black and gold was one or the first in the UK on 15th April 1992.

I kept it for 13 years and sold it for £3950 because it had become a classic.

As you have noticed in my pix this bike has history, you can see that the UK guy owner who had the bike, I guess was doing the Thai hi so thing and got a 1994 front, it had urban tiger colour in the book as well when I was changing ownership and the bikes red/black was not registered as such but is now.

He was an Axxhxle if you ask me and got the frame sprayed black and the whole of the bike panel fairings sprayed Ferrari red probably because of Ducati red bikes.

The cleaning of the diamond ali frame would be a big job and because Thais don't care about bikes like this as they do in UK for example I'm leaving it as it is.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I had a VFR400. I visited Red Barron near Minburi and I asked them to check the bike and give me an idea what has to be repaired. They pointed out a lot of things which I never even thought about.

After that inspection two mechanics approached me and asked me if I want to sell my bike and they made me right away some offers, cash.

I didn't sell my bike at that time because I had no intention to sell it. But this gave me an idea about the value of my bike. If mechanics were willing to pay amount x then I am sure I should get more from "normal" buyers.

Maybe because a VFR400 was a special bike those days.

Also things were so different years ago nothing like Thailand today.