How to pay for a vehicle

When I bought my big bike the dealer also preferred cash. I told him I don't feel comfortable walking around with 600k in my bag, so he offered to drive me to my bank with his car. We went to my bank, I withdrew the money and handed it over to him. This also saved him from having to count the stack of money.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alanrchase said:

What are you on about? Just like the US, it can be done with a simple cashier's check.

A rather odd comment, they had the car, so their rules.  They wanted cash, CASH, get it? So that's what they got. 

This isn't the US

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It seems to be quite common for Thais to withdraw large sums of cash, I saw one woman at Kasikorn put a couple of housebricks of 1000 baht notes into a large handbag. 100,000 baht withdrawals are not unusual.

That's a year's pay for many Thais, it's amazing there are not more robberies.

If I were a thief I’d sit outside a bank waiting for two people to walk in, then walk out again 15mins later with either a big envelope or more usually a bag. 

I too am surprised at the amount of people carrying huge sums of cash around. 

Twice I have sold a car and carried large sums to the bank. 

First time: I meet a guy at his Bank, he withdraws 2.8MB, we walk down the road to my Bank and despot it. 

Second time: I meet a guy at my Condo, he is carrying 2.95MB, we drive to my Bank and despot it. 

On both occasions a cashiers check would have been safer for them and me - on both occasions, someone with a firearm and decent observation skills could have easily stopped us and taken the bag of money. 

I am wondering if for one transaction the Bank can be contacted to up the limits to the desired amount and have the transfer made electronically.