Thailand gives green light to personalised car registration plates - road safety fund to benefit

webfact

2 hours ago, maxpower said:

Road safety fund = X

Personalized registration plate fund = Y

Some of Y goes towards installing more CCTV cameras to catch law breakers.

Also if someone pays for personalized plates then they are less likely to blank them out (whitewash them), so the speed cameras will have a better chance of catching speeders/dangerous drivers.

5 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

I think I will ask for :

กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์ 123

These HiSo Thais can pay millions for the dream plat but I will still just see "squiggle squiggle squiggle" 666

• Like 1

5 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

I think I will ask for :

กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์ 123

Whoever selects that one will need to mount a billboard on his vehicle's roof.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KeeTua said:

Lower in the article:

"The personalized plates will be subject to bidding and money accrued as a result will go towards a fund for the promotion of road safety"

and I'm playing in goal for Chelsea at the weekend....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, maxpower said:

Road safety fund = X

Personalized registration plate fund = Y

Some of Y goes towards installing more CCTV cameras to catch law breakers.

Are these cctvs monitored? it was stated that the 9,000+ new cameras would be 

assigned at 8 to each officer stationed in the area.

What happens to those 8 cameras when he goes off duty?

• Like 1

????, I just can not stop laughing about how road safety will be enhanced by personal license plates.  In the US the fee you pay for whatever you want on whatever type of special plate you get goes to the fundraising for that specific plate, ie... a Yosemite plate with RUNS2WN, ran me an additional $45 dollars in addition to the other fees charged, while the $45 went to assist in funding Yosemite National Park.  Additional fee's also assisted in road work to make the roads better.  I do not see that happening here.  I see the money going into the pockets of whomever needs to build a new Mansion, or pay the taxes on that new Lambo.

11 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

California is fairly strict about what you can have .. a guy 

I worked with had 3SUMSOK .. he said they didn’t figure it

out and got it... 

7 letters or a combination of numbers and letters max in California.  Plates are made by the prisoners in CDC's Prison Industry's facility.  They also build furniture for State offices and rebuild bicycles for needy kids who need a bicycle at Christmas time.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Or hair, hair, hair.

You surely mean ผม ผม ผม

And for harem keepers (and there're quite a few in this country) a suggestive เมีย เมีย เมีย ๆ springs to mind (and mind you, it almost sounds like "me me me" too!)

• Like 1