Thai shelter for disabled stray dogs threatened by pandemic

webfact

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Would you do that to a human being? If not , that is the reason, some people value life in all forms.

Not a meat eater then? nothing more hypocritical than people who stick up for soi dog pests but at the same time scoff dead animals. I laughed when I saw the pic, what are these people doing, these dogs should have been put down at the start.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not a meat eater then? nothing more hypocritical than people who stick up for soi dog pests but at the same time scoff dead animals. I laughed when I saw the pic, what are these people doing, these dogs should have been put down at the start.

Pulp Fiction quote coming up. Probably.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't want to get into the theology of the argument, but personally I believe that animals destined for consumption should be treated with kindness and respect throughout their lives, up to and including the moment at which they are slaughtered.

How can they be treated with kindness and respect if you are going to cut their throats and slice them up?

14 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

What a sad post. 

Perhaps we should get rid of all things that do not benefit us directly. Is mikebell contributing positively to the human race? If we here consider not, perhaps he should be put down?

Do you imagine your argument coherent? Others may consider it psychopathic. Would you expect a coherent argument from a psychopath/sociopath? 

Please understand my words as hypothetical rather than an attack. You should understand that we don't all have the same view of the world and thank goodness for that.

You can be you and I can be me. You can have your opinion; just don't touch the dogs. ????

You have said nothing to refute any of my points about the irrelevance of most dogs in Thai society.  So apart from (subtly) suggesting I am psycho/socio-pathic your reply lacks the coherence you demand.

Do you accept dogs spread disease? Cause accidents? Are responsible for attacks on humans?  Deprive others of peace? Do you think crippled and suffering dogs should be kept alive?  It is possible to be positive by ridding society of a dangerous nuisance.

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

You have said nothing to refute any of my points about the irrelevance of most dogs in Thai society.  So apart from (subtly) suggesting I am psycho/socio-pathic your reply lacks the coherence you demand.

Do you accept dogs spread disease? Cause accidents? Are responsible for attacks on humans?  Deprive others of peace? Do you think crippled and suffering dogs should be kept alive?  It is possible to be positive by ridding society of a dangerous nuisance.

You have not detailed anything humans are responsible for and more-so! The dogs in the OP seem quite happy and are not suffering, and if a suffering animal can be readily cured or it's condition alleviated, why not do that, rather than put it down?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You have not detailed anything humans are responsible for and more-so! The dogs in the OP seem quite happy and are not suffering, and if a suffering animal can be readily cured or it's condition alleviated, why not do that, rather than put it down?

Blimey, there's insufficient time/space to list all mankind's faults.  We are supposedly the highest form of life on this planet; we keep animals and slaughter them by the millions daily for food.  My grouse is about wasting resources on dangerous beasts that threaten us and our children. 

I cannot tell if the crippled dogs are happy with their lot; as they are penned up and not loose on the road their only threat to Man is through spreading disease. Their carers are volunteers so that's their choice.

14 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I usually find that people who are kind to animals are kind of people.

I worry about some of the humans in this post.

I usually find the soppy dog and 'animal lovers' eat animals

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Okay...just this once.

Do you accept humans spread disease? Cause accidents? Are responsible for attacks on other humans?  Deprive others of peace? Do you think crippled and suffering humans should be kept alive?  It is possible to be positive by ridding society of a dangerous nuisance?

Just accept that we have different perspectives. 

• Like 1