Flat floor scooters vs PCX style

kiwisr

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I find the flat floor scooters hand terribly (Fino, Scoopy etc.). They always feel dangerous at anything over 60kph. I think it's a combination of the frame design and the seating position.

The step throughs like the Wave and the Exciter feel far superior in terms of ride quality and still very stable around 100kph. 

But a Honda Wave (style) bike is something and nothing, it is not a scooter and not a (real) bike.

If you want a real scooter go for a Click type – for all those that moan about so called handling problems buy a Vespa – and for all others go for a real bike like a small Honda CBR150 i.e. not a compromise

On 2/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, Moonlover said:

I've carried a case of 12 cans down there, but I wouldn't be tempted to try it with 12 bottles, but I've seen Thais do it. Maybe I'm a bit too cautious. (or less desperate)

Ive seen Thai's carry Televisions on bikes

58 minutes ago, ChipButty said:
On 2/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, Moonlover said:

I've carried a case of 12 cans down there, but I wouldn't be tempted to try it with 12 bottles, but I've seen Thais do it. Maybe I'm a bit too cautious. (or less desperate)

59 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Ive seen Thai's carry Televisions on bikes

To some Thais, a motorcycle is a delivery van!

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

but that's the point, they never do, too slow changing gear

But if they wanted they could. A Honda Click (125) beats a Wave (125) on the first 50 meters or so, then the Wave overtakes.

Many people never change the gears on their Wave, they just ride it in second gear all the time.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:51 AM, popabear said:

Being the owner of both, a PCX  here in Australia and a Click in Thailand , I have good experience of the both  and for me I prefer the Click any day .                                                     1.. It's cheaper to buy.                                                                                                                                 2.. Better to step onto for older people like myself.                                                                             3.Sits on the road at higher speeds better.(The  early model PCX 125 cc, you have to hang     onto it at high speed )                                                                                                                               4. It's better for Thai style shopping, with room and hooks to hang things on.                             5. It's lighter ,yet sits on road better, with better pick up and a higher speed , much faster          6. Servicing is cheaper( PCX motor is fully enclosed, much more expensive to service in       placers like Australia)                                                                                                                         7.The Click is much more comfortable to ride(no hump or carved positions on seat, you can move back on seat)                                                                                                                        8.Clicks short handle bars gives it more stability , also much better to get between the heavy traffic in Thailand .                                                                                                                                     I like the Click , the one I have is only a 125 cc , same as the PCX  , same motor , but I find a floating feeling when riding the PCX , it just does not feel staple on the road, at anything over 60 kmh and if windy, like it gets here in Australia , you really got to hang onto it, the big handle bars don't help.                                                                                                                           You cannot buy the Click here in Australia , it;s a shame , as I would but one  here.                                                         Regards ,,,,,Popa

I completely disagree with you.

1: Okay, you get for what you pay, higher price, more premium scooter.

2: pcx isn't bad either.

3: Nonsense, my pcx150 with YSS rear shocks are stable at full speed, much more than wife' s much newer Filano.

4: Subjective, have a top box, so can fit one case of beers.

5: Really; My pcx is faster that wife's Grand Filano Hybrid, also top speed is  higher on the pcx.

6: N/A for Thailand.

7: Ha-ha, not for me, like the "sofa" feel on the pcx

PCX any day of the week for me, those small Click/Filano are for small Asian people, I looks like an elephant on them and feel extremely cramped.

Okay you have the old 125cc model, they improved a lot over the years.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lovin’ the chat about ‘kicking another’s ass top end’ and ‘passing waves at the lights’ in a thread about....  scooters !!! 

Apart from the modded up bikes the van-van boys ride, who buys any scooter for performance and handling?

They’re simple a cheap and convenient mode of getting from A to B, but thats all they are...  everyone riding a scooter looks in dire need of some ‘growacet’ medication... :whistling:

No we don't want a big bike, totally over rated. Only guys with ego issues need them

• Like 2

8 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Okay you have the old 125cc model, they improved a lot over the years.

Yes , true they at Honda in Thailand tell me, that they have changed the hole frame of the PCX and of course by doing this, it has changed the way it holds the road, in very windy conditions like we get here in Australia. Of course later models are 150cc and have been told the latest PCX is 160 cc, so a lot of difference from my very first model of the 2010 PCX  . I  have never had the pleasure of riding the later model PCX  ,if I ever get back to Thailand, I might hire one to see the difference , but don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the PCX  , as there is really only one problem and I not joking you got hang onto it over 70 klm hour and really hang onto it over 80 klm hour in windy conditions , but  as I ride it most times in 60 klm zones it really is not a problem.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              But I would say Honda would have been aware of this problem with the early PCX and of course made the necessary changers to how the bike handles . But I still like my Click better, of course Thailand does not get those gusty winds we get here in Australia , it's most likely the Click would maybe behave in the same way in these gusty winds we get here in West Aussie .   Regards ,,,, Popa

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

But if they wanted they could. A Honda Click (125) beats a Wave (125) on the first 50 meters or so, then the Wave overtakes.

Many people never change the gears on their Wave, they just ride it in second gear all the time.

but the wave never does, always sluggish , I usually get to 80kph then stick at that then others overtake eventually

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Apart from the modded up bikes the van-van boys ride, who buys any scooter for performance and handling?

This is exactly my view on these scooters .......they are for run to the local shop who cares if the front is light at 100 km/h ,,,ADVICE.......there not supposed to run at them speeds

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've had bigger bikes in the UK, more normal there and for intercity travel. In Thailand often a scooter is more practical around town, simple as that, but I appreciate due to ego people want bigger bikes

You will find people with bigger bikes also have a scooter to for 7/11 journeys,,,,,,they mostly don’t feel the need to boast they can beat Honda waves from the lights ,they also don’t need to bling there scooters up and claim there the best thing since sliced bread......

nothing to do with ego ...just using bikes what there designed for.....

i got a 10 year old 115cc scoot and a 125cc4 year old as well as couple of other bigger bikes,,,,,,am I gonna bling them up or change to a fancy led lights and digital display model.........no because I only go maximum 20 km distance on them

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A flat floor bike can be great to transport gas bottles, but that's about it. Can't do that with my Nmax.

Otherwise the Nmax is a really great bike, nice acceleration, great handling, eats about 2L / 100km on average, ABS, intelligent fuel injection, 2 helmets under the seat.

For the PCX luggage hooks are available, for the Nmax not.

The keyless ignition on the PCX is <deleted>, the display on the Nmax also.

I ride quite often on someones Click, it feels uncomfortable compared to the Nmax.

• Like 1