Student who violently attacked handicapped beggar claimed self-defence

rooster59

Student who violently attacked handicapped beggar claimed self-defence

studen.JPG

Image: 77kaoded

A 20 year old student who repeatedly kicked a mentally handicapped beggar putting him in hospital claimed it was in self defence.

A post of the extremely violent footage from a market in Lopburi has since been deleted. 

It showed Kan, 20, kicking and stamping on the head of Ongart a dozen times. 

The family of Ongart - then in hospital with a swelling to his head - went to the Khok Samrong police in the central Thai province where they confronted Kan about his violent behavior.

Kan claimed that it was self-defence. He told them that their relative had asked him for money and when he refused he thought he was going for a weapon.

So he set upon him. 

Asked if that was over the top the student merely bowed his head and accepted what was coming to him.

77kaoded reported that later Kan and his mother and other relatives went to the hospital to offer to pay the medical bills.

The handicapped man has now been released and is on the mend.

Traders at the market said he does odd jobs and is no trouble to anyone. 

Police were waiting for medical reports before continuing with prosecuting the student at the center of the incident.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-06

• Sad 12

7 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

A 20 year old idiot, selfish, psycho does not deserve to be

in the area of normal people.

The video is sufficient evidence to jail him.

I would further suggest that he be be sent to guard the borders.

I can understand almost all you said , but guard the borders ???? 

6 hours ago, TSF said:

You'd think their Buddhist religion would foster restraint but it doesn't appear to do so, they're such short-fused people.

No I wouldn't.

As it is in most countries, their "religion", for the majority, is little more than a stamp on their birth certificate and rote-learned practice of empty ritual.

"Buddhists" have been murderous/cruel to each other, individually and collectively, for about 500 years longer than "Christians" have been to each other.

Plenty of historical evidence, in both cases.

Not a good idea to base ones expectations of other humans wholly upon the notional values quoted by their societies particular religious texts.

At the very least, it makes one look a bit.....simple minded.

I'm sure that doesn't apply to you though.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

NGO's are often mentally handicapped beggars. I would never attack one of them but they are very provocative and do engage in low level assault.

This story might not be as it appears. it could be a genuine case of self defense. Are we not allowed to defend ourselves?

The NGO I met yesterday had only one leg but still managed to be aggressive.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, jobsworth said:

NGO's are often mentally handicapped beggars. I would never attack one of them but they are very provocative and do engage in low level assault.

This story might not be as it appears. it could be a genuine case of self defense. Are we not allowed to defend ourselves?

Please look at photo above.

8 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Better punishment would be mandatory service in a mental hospital or home for disabled people. Changing bed pans and diapers, washing their bodies, helping them eat would force him to understand that these people need care, not unreasoning abuse. He might even feel shame, empathy, and compassion over a year of such after-school service. If not he would at least dwell on the stupidity of his crime every single day. 

The last thing you want in an institution for the 'slow' or mentally handicapped is a bully like this. He would have to be monitored all the time by another member of staff because if left alone with those relatively helpless patients he would possibly revert to his bullying and take his anger at being caught out on the type of person he thinks is responsible for his incarceration. Professionals in all professions do not want conscripts, least of all in areas which deal with vulnerable people

16 hours ago, TSF said:

Really a huge need for some anger management programs here in the land of lovely gentle smiling Thai people. You'd think their Buddhist religion would foster restraint but it doesn't appear to do so, they're such short-fused people.

Yeah!  Good thing Christians, Muslims and Hindus are better and would never cause harm to their fellow man!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, jobsworth said:

Yes there could be 2 sides of this story but lets take what we see from the video. The man was already down! Around 10 kicks  and stomps to the head and body with at least 4 kicks including to the head once he was unconscious. Please explain at which part of the video does it become self defence? 

13 hours ago, jobsworth said:

I am all for acting violently in self defence, but not to continuously kick someone who is on the ground unless he is obviously trying to reach for a weapon. I would however continuously keep kicking him on the floor if he was a stranger I caught doing damage or stealing anything in my house. The safety of myself and anyone in my family comes first, and if he dies then all the better.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Are you serious making that pathetic comment?

Surely not, forum rules forbid me from posting exactly what i think about your disgusting post.

Next time post before drinking, not after.

You want to see an aggressive disabled person, visit me and you certainly will.

Are you an NGO?

• Sad 1

On 2/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, TSF said:

Really a huge need for some anger management programs here in the land of lovely gentle smiling Thai people. You'd think their Buddhist religion would foster restraint but it doesn't appear to do so, they're such short-fused people.

US men need it too...the elderly man killed was Thai

https://www.ktvu.com/news/family-of-84-year-old-killed-in-sf-believe-attack-was-racially-motivated