Information about Hat Yai immigration

swissbie

The Songkhla Immigration LINE account now has a menu (whoever selected the font and background needs shooting) with options for forms, check lists, appointments and 90 day reports. Helpfully nearly everything except the menu is Thai only.

1466356377_SongkhlaImmigrationMenu.jpg.e0881120103e6927dcd39d00112d6349.jpg

• Like 1

The booking system is actually pretty good. Selecting booking sends you a link to their Outlook Calendar.

708728978_SongkhlaImmigration.jpg.e89c804d8ec65566feef8d561d6b7be2.jpg

Pick purpose of visit, then select date and time from the slots available, complete your details and submit. You get a confirmation email which includes links to download the necessary forms and checklist. Fingers crossed everything else is as simple ????

19 hours ago, Stocky said:

But doesn't it require to carry a stamp from the bank, I didn't think print your own was acceptable?!

The statement i got from BBL headquarters didn't have a stamp. There was even a remark, that no stamp is needed, as it comes directly from their headquarters. IO was ok with that. Could be different from a downloaded PDF file.

Just now, swissbie said:

The statement i got from BBL headquarters didn't have a stamp. There was even a remark, that no stamp is needed, as it comes directly from their headquarters. IO was ok with that. Could be different from a downloaded PDF file.

You should be good if the files are the same. Krungsri put a little round pink chop (stamp) on them all by the manager's squiggle.

19 hours ago, Stocky said:

I'd not considered doing it in two parts, something to consider. I normally use the Krungsri branch in Central Festival, because it's seldom busy, though it still takes two hours for letter and two months bank statements; longer if the manager isn't around to sign. The problem with the Central Festival branch is it doesn't open until 11am. So looks like I need to go to the main branch in town which is always busy, and the staff are more ovine.

Do you mean two months or 12 months bank statement? I can get up to 6 months at BBL immediately, but 12 months takes a week. If Krungsri can do a 12 months on the spot, please inform me.

1 hour ago, swissbie said:

Do you mean two months or 12 months bank statement? I can get up to 6 months at BBL immediately, but 12 months takes a week. If Krungsri can do a 12 months on the spot, please inform me.

No, I'm on a marriage extension, so 400k in the bank and 2 months statements, but Krungsri require 2 hours (minimum) to produce the letter and statements. I don't really understand why it should take so long, but it does. If I go to Central Festival branch, which is seldom busy, I can shop and take an early lunch while I wait. To get the everything same day it will need to be the main branch in town and an early start and probably a long wait. My appointment with immigration is 1pm - so fingers-crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Stocky said:

I used the Krungsri branch near corner of Phetkasem and Sam Sip Met. Empty and very helpful, had letter and statements all done in 30 minutes.

Immigration is still out in the carpark under a tent, paperwork in at 1pm, 2pm they came looking for the money and to take a photo of the wife & I. At 2:20 it was sign the documents (done in the car park this year), all finished by 2:30. 

All smiles, no missing documents, no questions, all very straightforward; thank you Songkhla Immigration.

This is the latest checklist which is now available in Thai and English.

2.18 Thai wife.pdf 138.03 kB · 1 download

Hi Stocky. I use a BBL branch near the clock tower. Bank letter and statement (up to 6 months) was always done in 20 - 30 minutes, but doesn't work with 12-months statement.. I never made copies of every passport page, only the relevant ones and always use a google-map with hand remarks; has never been a problem. The 12-months statement for retirement extensions is relatively new, a bit difficult for the timing, but then, on the other hand, i don't like to go back to marriage extensions, as lots of other stuff is needed, incl. the consideration time. Thank for your information anyway.

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

I used the Krungsri branch near corner of Phetkasem and Sam Sip Met. Empty and very helpful, had letter and statements all done in 30 minutes.

Immigration is still out in the carpark under a tent, paperwork in at 1pm, 2pm they came looking for the money and to take a photo of the wife & I. At 2:20 it was sign the documents (done in the car park this year), all finished by 2:30. 

All smiles, no missing documents, no questions, all very straightforward; thank you Songkhla Immigration.

2.18 Thai wife.pdf 138.03 kB · 2 downloads

Great to hear you had a stress free time - I think we have a few moans about HY immigration over the years, but they are generally OK.

Up here in Issan, we are told to copy every page of the passport x2, but then they didn't require them. I also paid the fee with 2x 1000B, the IO took the money, someone wrote the receipt, he returns and mumbles that he is taking the 100B for some imaginary non-existant form that he hadn't filled in. I had to laugh, at least HY don't pull these silly small change scams. Lesson learned, he will get the correct money next year.

22 hours ago, swissbie said:

Hi Stocky. I use a BBL branch near the clock tower. Bank letter and statement (up to 6 months) was always done in 20 - 30 minutes, but doesn't work with 12-months statement.. I never made copies of every passport page, only the relevant ones and always use a google-map with hand remarks; has never been a problem. The 12-months statement for retirement extensions is relatively new, a bit difficult for the timing, but then, on the other hand, i don't like to go back to marriage extensions, as lots of other stuff is needed, incl. the consideration time. Thank for your information anyway.

The problem is inconsistency, the marriage extension checklist says "A photocopy of the passport — Every used page from the first one to the last one is required". First time they took all, last couple of times they've returned the non-relevant page copies. I'm tempted to just give them the relevant pages next time. However, all it takes is a change of command and suddenly it's strictly as per the checklist and it's off to the photocopier.

The retirement checklist (attached) just says "A photocopy of the current passport" so it's ambiguous ~ confuamazing Thailand.

2.22 Retirement.pdf

On 5/12/2022 at 3:28 PM, Stocky said:

2.18 Thai wife.pdf 138.03 kB · 2 downloads

I did my extension (retirement) this week too. I had prepared everything according to the relevant checklist. All finished without problems in about an hour.

I only hope that next year COVID-19 will be just a memory and we will be allowed to wait inside the building.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

I only hope that next year COVID-19 will be just a memory and we will be allowed to wait inside the building.

Amen to that. Thankfully the carpark gets a reasonable breeze, but it isn't comfortable sitting there for an hour and a half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

This thread is a testament to answer the question "Why use an agent?"

I think it's horses for courses and very much depends on circumstances and the immigration office you have to visit. Hat Yai are pretty straight and straighforward, other offices are less so. But yes, if you can meet all the requirements you don't really need an agent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I think it's horses for courses and very much depends on circumstances and the immigration office you have to visit. Hat Yai are pretty straight and straighforward, other offices are less so. But yes, if you can meet all the requirements you don't really need an agent.

You and I have different impressions after reading this thread. 

I meant exactly the opposite of what you thought.

I would never want to deal with all the hassles, inconsistencies, "it's lunchtime in 40 minutes, come back in a few hours", told 1 thing then return and told the opposite, etc.

I would much prefer to have someone deal for me with this nonsensical bureaucracy.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 6:40 PM, Stocky said:

The problem is inconsistency, the marriage extension checklist says "A photocopy of the passport — Every used page from the first one to the last one is required". First time they took all, last couple of times they've returned the non-relevant page copies. I'm tempted to just give them the relevant pages next time. However, all it takes is a change of command and suddenly it's strictly as per the checklist and it's off to the photocopier.

The retirement checklist (attached) just says "A photocopy of the current passport" so it's ambiguous ~ confuamazing Thailand.

2.22 Retirement.pdf 113.28 kB · 0 downloads

I only give them the relevant pages, but, just in case, i also carry the other ones with me. The problem of inconsistency is not only the change of command, for the last three years the officers changed every time. Last year the officer said, i don't need a 12-months statement, as my bankbook obviously shows every transaction (common sense), but this year a new officer wanted the 12-months statement - the bankbook was the same. On the other hand, they gave me the full 12 months and missed the fact, that my passport will expire earlier.. I will see what happens, when i change the passport. Maybe they'll change the date of the extension, but, i rather hope, they won't admit any mistake and let it be..

3 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

I did my extension (retirement) this week too. I had prepared everything according to the relevant checklist. All finished without problems in about an hour.

So did you get the 12-months statement from the headquarters of your bank or did you print it from your app?

19 hours ago, swissbie said:

So did you get the 12-months statement from the headquarters of your bank or did you print it from your app?

I chose to play it safe and ordered the 12-months statement from the bank one week in advance.

• Like 1

Immigration called this afternoon to see if they could call round. Better than the first time when they arrived unannounced. Just one officer in civvies, who was very polite and spoke English, a few photos (not in the bedroom this time), sign the visit document, with witness signatures from a couple of neighbours and job done. They didn't visit last year, is there any protocol as to when you warrant a home visit?

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

Immigration called this afternoon to see if they could call round. Better than the first time when they arrived unannounced. Just one officer in civvies, who was very polite and spoke English, a few photos (not in the bedroom this time), sign the visit document, with witness signatures from a couple of neighbours and job done. They didn't visit last year, is there any protocol as to when you warrant a home visit?

I don't think that they have any protocol. 4 years ago they came visit us and 3 years ago they  told me, that they will have to come every year from then on. Never came again. And we don't have any neighbours..

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully used the new system to do a 90-day report on line with Hat Yai Immigration? My due date was yesterday, so I am wondering:

1) does it work? 

2) If so, how long does the process take?

Also, it the past the grace period for the report was always two weeks prior, one week after...Can anyone confirm if this is still the case? thanks in advance for any help.

I did my 90-day in person yesterday, which is a 90-minute drive for me. It was quite crowded. The Immigration staff said they are still working out the details regarding the online system, but that he hoped is would be up and running well in the next three months. The LINE app is still central to getting it to work. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, Stocky said:

I notice the tents have now gone from outside the Hat Yai Immigration Office; so no more sitting outside sweating for a hour.

Yes, everything back to normal. Made my extension last week; much nicer to wait inside. Interesting was, that all visitors had masks on, but not the Immigration Officers..

• Like 1