Information about Hat Yai immigration

swissbie

Popped in to do my 90 day report and noticed that they do have a tent again, this time outside the old Immigration Office (the building to the right), but it appears to be where they make the poor Burmese labourers wait when attending immigration. I went into the main office and was out again in ten minutes just a handful of people in there.

• 3 months later...

Went for my 1 year extension based on marriage today, appointment made using the LINE app. 

We seem to have a new Police Captain, a pleasant young man rather than the grumpy lady we had previously. However he does seem to go through everything with a fine tooth comb, maybe this is fallout from the recent Chinese illegals. We got caught out on two issues, and had a lucky escape on a third. 

Firstly my TM30 wasn't up to date, the wife hadn't registered my return from a trip to Bangkok, I thought the rules had changed, they insisted maybe in Bangkok but not in Songkhla. That was easily fixed with trip to the office next door.

Second issue was despite the guidance sheet saying 2 photos, one outside the house with the house number and one inside showing how you live, the new guy wanted another two photos taken inside the house, though he was happy for us to drop them in later in the week. 

Lastly the lucky escape was my bank passbook. We went to the bank this morning for the letter and statement, I asked they update the passbook and I saw the clerk do it, but she missed the latest term of the timed deposit. I should have paid closer attention. The wife rescued the situation by saying she'd heard the clerk say there was an issue with the computer. The letter was correct as was the statement, and I pulled up the balance on the bank app. So he let it go, he could have made me go back to the bank.

Took 2.5 hrs, the office wasn't busy, and it would have been 2hrs but for the time to do a new TM30. Masks seem optional, and it was pleasant sitting in the air conditioned office rather than outside in the tent.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 4:44 PM, Stocky said:

Lastly the lucky escape was my bank passbook. We went to the bank this morning for the letter and statement, I asked they update the passbook and I saw the clerk do it, but she missed the latest term of the timed deposit. I should have paid closer attention. The wife rescued the situation by saying she'd heard the clerk say there was an issue with the computer. The letter was correct as was the statement, and I pulled up the balance on the bank app. So he let it go, he could have made me go back to the bank.

The IO was happy to accept it but Bangkok wasn't, the IO phoned me yesterday afternoon and asked me to get the passbook updated and bring it to the office. Did that this morning, got another bank statement just in case. He was happy, hopefully Bangkok are too.

• 8 months later...
On 6/1/2023 at 10:47 AM, Stocky said:

The IO was happy to accept it but Bangkok wasn't, the IO phoned me yesterday afternoon and asked me to get the passbook updated and bring it to the office. Did that this morning, got another bank statement just in case. He was happy, hopefully Bangkok are too.

I hope, you will be luckier this year. Last year went very well for me, 30min. for extension and 90-days-report, this year they also accepted everything, but it took them about 90 minutes from the time of the appointment (I didn't ask why..). I always insist on a manual update for the bank letter with the actual date and check for stamp and signature. They made me run extra rounds too many times because of such little details. Good luck for your next extension.

1 hour ago, swissbie said:

I hope, you will be luckier this year.

It's never that much drama at Hat Yai Immigration, sure they want to dot the i's and cross the t's, and occasionally the other way around, but it's only once a year.

• 1 month later...

Extension renewal coming up, wife popped in to immigration today to pick up the forms just to check if there was anything new. Paperwork remains the same, the list of documents now states 4 photos required (up from 2), and the bank letter has gone back to within 7 days, from the previous same day requirement.

ExtensionMarriage.thumb.jpg.1ef707e249ebf7f5c23e4f3ca2b85ed2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Did my 1 year extension (marriage) today, appointment made via Line for 1pm, got there on time. We were the only customers, all documents as per the latest check list; everything done, signed, and the under consideration stamp given in record time - 50 minutes start to finish.

Thank you Hat Yai immigration.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Did my 1 year extension (marriage) today, appointment made via Line for 1pm, got there on time. We were the only customers, all documents as per the latest check list; everything done, signed, and the under consideration stamp given in record time - 50 minutes start to finish.

Thank you Hat Yai immigration.

Missed you by a few hours.. i went this morning, doing my 90-days report (they finally use a barcode now) and a re-entry. Took about 20 minutes and i left very satisfied.

• Like 1