Credit and debit card Mails

15 hours ago, Taxi said:

My Australian bank sends the via normal post to my condo. My card expired mid last year, they sent me a replacement and it didn't turn up, I requested another card and the sent that and it hasn't turned up either.  I do get other mail from Australia, so it's hard to explain whats going on right now. My bank in this case is Westpac.

Australian Bank - be careful they are not adding big charges every time they re-send the card to you.

Oz banks will charge you for anything they can dream of and big charges.

I used my K Bank ATM at an ATM belonging to the bank mentioned, many charges plus an international transaction charge of AUD14.95.

I check around, same amount of money from an ANZ ATM, international transaction charge of AUD2.50.

14 hours ago, Gandtee said:

HSBC croydon UK would not send cards by registered or courier mail. 

I'm with Santander and our cards were sent automatically to our address here in Thailand, the cards were pretty safe as they needed to be activated before we could use them.

20 hours ago, Taxi said:

My Australian bank sends the via normal post to my condo. My card expired mid last year, they sent me a replacement and it didn't turn up, I requested another card and the sent that and it hasn't turned up either.  I do get other mail from Australia, so it's hard to explain whats going on right now. My bank in this case is Westpac.

Had the same problem with NAB,my debit card expired last October,they sent me a replacement last year and it still hasn't arrived,i'd say there's some thieving lowlifes somewhere along the way making a few bob selling stolen cards.

My bank will only send to registered address (UK). My brother then posts to me via standard mail. Not had anything go missing yet. If one did, would just order new one. Registered post a lot more expensive.

2 important points -

1. Always good to maintain an address in your home country for mail etc. You never know when you might need it.

2. Always have at least 2 ways of getting money from abroad - so that if one is lost, stopped or expires, have a backup.

• Like 2
On 2/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, Kwasaki said:

My UK bank sends my renewed credit & debit cards by ordinary post to Thailand and always thought it strange.

They did the same when I lived in UK to.

please how do you manage that ..im with Barclays a nightmare of a bank ive been told i must have an address  in UK to have account with them my card expires this year im not sure how it will work if they send it to my last address i left there last year and no one to forward one on ..im afraid to call them with my new permanent address here in Thailand in case they cancel my account ...any ideas tks  

48 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

please how do you manage that ..im with Barclays a nightmare of a bank ive been told i must have an address  in UK to have account with them my card expires this year im not sure how it will work if they send it to my last address i left there last year and no one to forward one on ..im afraid to call them with my new permanent address here in Thailand in case they cancel my account ...any ideas tks  

Yeah I dumped Barclay's aong time ago along with Nationwide. 

The only UK bank that has been helpful because I don't have a UK address is First Direct online banking a member of the HSBC group. 

Some here have a UK family member that let's them use their address if they no longer have their own.

I was with FD before I left UK for Thailand, the thing is their a HSBC member which is Hong Kong in Asia. 

Which why they were flexible, dunno. 

So maybe if you are on-line with Barclay's you could transfer your account to First Direct or open an account with them. 

See how you get on and PM me if you need recommendation or if I can help further, maybe they will help you. 

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I dumped Barclay's aong time ago along with Nationwide. 

The only UK bank that has been helpful because I don't have a UK address is First Direct online banking a member of the HSBC group. 

Some here have a UK family member that let's them use their address if they no longer have their own.

I was with FD before I left UK for Thailand, the thing is their a HSBC member which is Hong Kong in Asia. 

Which why they were flexible, dunno. 

So maybe if you are on-line with Barclay's you could transfer your account to First Direct or open an account with them. 

See how you get on and PM me if you need recommendation or if I can help further, maybe they will help you. 

thanks mate i had a terrible time getting my last card  i was living in France at the time id changed address from the place they had sent my last card ..gave proof of my new address the rest you could make a soap opera from.. hours  i really mean hours on the phone talking to a guy in India somewhere who i couldn't understand only for him after a fortune on the phone telling Me im Not Me ha  took the tunnel got to dover went to Barclays sorted in 2 minutes; ..a very very costly new card  now im here permanent..wont be going back for the day to sort it out lol   ill take a look  at what you sent  tks again mate 

• Like 1
On 2/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, chilly07 said:

Card sent by UK normal post  to family address and thence by track and trace ems to Thailand. Did use DHL once- never again- package arrived ripped apart and taped back together

How much did EMS from UK to Thailand cost? 

How big was the package? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 8:32 PM, kingstonkid said:

Dealing with Canadian Banks they will send me an emergency replacement card via courier to here in Thailand However, to maintain my account I have to have a Canadian Address and that is where my new cards and stuff go to.   

My address is my daughters address and I send money to the kids and when she gets anything she lets me know and I send her the money to ship to me.

Canadian Bank knows I am here so it is not that big a problem

I have an account with CIBC in Canada.Its a non resident account and my address with them is my Thai address. Completely legit. I've become a non resident a couple years ago.There are tax advantages to doing this! "0" withholding tax!

CIBC sends my new debit/credit cards directly to my home here. Sometimes by snail mail and other times via courier.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:33 AM, kevin612 said:

how do you guys receive mails from the USA?

US Global Mail is my mail forwarding company. 

It takes about 7-10 days to ship new cards via UPS to my house in Hua Hin. Gooding tracking right to your house. Cost about $85. 

Activate via cellphone using USA T Mobile SIM card.