Cancelled Thai flight last year.

surreybloke

Would anyone care to comment.    The lady went out to from the UK to BKK last year on one of the last   Thai flights March time .     A few weeks later the return was cancelled.       She eventually came back  on an Eva flight.    Thai has obviously gone bankrupt.     Will what remains of Thai ever honour another return flight I wonder.    I bought the ticket via  Travel Trolley(aka Southall travel ???)     . The ticket was bought with a credit card.   

The agency insist it is nothing to do with them.       Is it worth challenging the airline or the agency or do I give up and attempt a credit card refund.              

Thai are flying from BKK to LHR every Sunday at the moment. We used our cancelled tickets from last year to booked my partner to come in May this year so fingers crossed.

That was booked with Thai directly, so they issued us a travel credit valid to December 2022. According to their terms they should have done the same for you.

Good luck getting ahold of them though. All of this had to be done on the phone through the Thailand office directly, and the customer service is not the best...

Edited by themongoose

24 minutes ago, surreybloke said:

Would anyone care to comment.    The lady went out to from the UK to BKK last year on one of the last   Thai flights March time .     A few weeks later the return was cancelled.       She eventually came back  on an Eva flight.    Thai has obviously gone bankrupt.     Will what remains of Thai ever honour another return flight I wonder.    I bought the ticket via  Travel Trolley(aka Southall travel ???)     . The ticket was bought with a credit card.   

The agency insist it is nothing to do with them.       Is it worth challenging the airline or the agency or do I give up and attempt a credit card refund.              

your best chance is to try and cancell the deal with the credit card.

most air companies, especially in 3rd world, do not return the money but do not say so, they

just pull you in endless emails and phone calls with different excuses until you give up.

so than you lose also your precious time and nerves.

The thai website says if you booked with an agent talk to the agency.  I spoke to travel trolley and all I got was drivel. Nothing that made sense.    "the airline needs to refund us"   "you cannot do anything until the airline starts flying"    I replied they are flying to which I got  the same answer.  

According to my card companies website i have 540 days   ???   no sure where that came from and some comments about refunds not  payable  if made via a third party eg travel agents.         The FSO did not understand that statement. 

https://www.santander.co.uk/assets/s3fs-public/documents/chargebacks-and-disputed-transactions.pdf

11 hours ago, surreybloke said:

According to my card companies website i have 540 days   ???   no sure where that came from and some comments about refunds not  payable  if made via a third party eg travel agents.         The FSO did not understand that statement.

What was the date of your cancelled flight and when were you told of the cancellation?  One of those will decide the cut off point, and it's unlikely to be 540 days.  It'll be 120 from one of these dates.

The 3rd party thing comes in because you've used the card to pay for a service (booking flights) and that service was carried out successfully by Travel Trolley.  It's not their fault the airline went bust after they've done exactly what you asked them to, and probably paid your monies to the airline.  There is a glimmer of hope in that some chargebacks have been successful in these circumstances so if you're still within the time limit you might have a chance.  Some more reading here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

The latest,   thai airways states that i need to talk to the agent according to the website although I have not actually spoken to them.    The agents just started rambling generally talking drivel.   

According to the CREDIT card website ( santander)  there is 6 years for section 75.    However the bank stated they would not give me an answer until i put in a claim.     They did speculate that the agents might break the direct relationship required by the consumer credit act.   

A general chat with the FSO seem to indicate the same.   I am not hopeful anymore.

The annoying thing is that the same flight with Eva was only slightly more.     The lady does insist on flying with thai if at possible.      

No chance of her ever flying with gulf     LOL

We are somewhat in a different situation but maybe related: back in November 2019, I bought one ticket with Thai Airways directly for myself. My partner bought a ticket on the internet but not Thai Airways', to fly in June 2020. I went to the main office and both tickets were put under "Covid 19 situation" early June 2020.

Planning to go to Europe this summer we booked our tickets for June a few weeks ago and we are presently holding our flight tickets. 

My point is  that you should go to the main office on Vibhavadi near by Don Muang airport, if you can and if that not has been done already.

They are quite helpful

8 hours ago, alyx said:

Planning to go to Europe this summer we booked our tickets for June a few weeks ago and we are presently holding our flight tickets. 

Odds that flight flies...ZERO.

Just give up. If you want to fly buy a ticket on Qatar Airways.

By the time the bankruptcy proceeding finishes in 2030, ticket holders will get a satang or two on the baht, or a useless share in teh new airline. You're last in line.

Doubt a credit card refund will be processed.

Charge-backs are possible, but not sure how those are going currently.

At this point it's a pyramid scheme. Consider the money lost, maybe string along a rez, but don't plan on flying on it.

9 hours ago, alyx said:

They are quite helpful

Of course they are. You're giving them your money. That's a grin on their faces, not a smile.

It does look like TG 910 (BKK-LHR) has been flying 2x weekly, Su Th.

And FRA 2X weekly Fr Su

And CDG 2X weekly, Mo Th

So you may be able to use existing tickets. Sorry about that.

https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-from-bangkok-bkk   Choose TG

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en_GB/manage/ticket_options_covid_19.page

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/news/news_announcement/news_detail/rehabilitation-plan.page

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Odds that flight flies...ZERO.

Just give up. If you want to fly buy a ticket on Qatar Airways.

By the time the bankruptcy proceeding finishes in 2030, ticket holders will get a satang or two on the baht, or a useless share in teh new airline. You're last in line.

Doubt a credit card refund will be processed.

Charge-backs are possible, but not sure how those are going currently.

At this point it's a pyramid scheme. Consider the money lost, maybe string along a rez, but don't plan on flying on it.

Of course they are. You're giving them your money. That's a grin on their faces, not a smile.

What do you mean...they do not fly ? You must be mistaken as, at the time we got our tickets, last month, they were flying  to Denmark. I received a mail last week indicating that we could fly, if we chose to, Thia Germany to reach our destination. 
As in “quite helpful”, regardless whether your comments are correct or not, I meant that a solution could be found in an easier manner than talking by emails