Bitcoin extends gains above $47,000 in Asia

webfact

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Now Uber considering accepting Bitcoin 

That will be one expensive ride, just like the guy that bought a pizza years ago, but then who knows how it will be deducted.  A Fiat conversion program will be necessary.  I only know of a few who have actually found a cryptocurrency machine to get cash out.

Find Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency ATMs Nearby | Coinspeaker

Bitcoin ATM Explained: What is a Cryptocurrency ATM? | CoinCodex

Cryptocurrency ATM And How Does It Work (entrepreneur.com)

19 hours ago, ed strong said:

The exchanges are not all unregulated, look at coinbase, gemini to name two. very much regulated.

wrong, what is it with you Bitcoins fools and the truth about that scam?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Coinbase Europe is not a regulated financial service provider and is not registered with or regulated or authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, the Competition Consumer and Protection Commission or any other regulatory body in Ireland for financial services and so you will not be able to avail of regulatory protections associated with such regulated entities such as investor or deposit protection schemes or access to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman in relation to the Digital Currency Services.

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Coinbase Europe is not a regulated financial service provider and is not registered with or regulated or authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland, the Competition Consumer and Protection Commission or any other regulatory body in Ireland for financial services and so you will not be able to avail of regulatory protections associated with such regulated entities such as investor or deposit protection schemes or access to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman in relation to the Digital Currency Services.

Just quit fooling yourself.  Your behind the curve and don't want to admit it.  Blockchain and its technology is here to stay and so are cryptocurrencies.  It might not be the ticket for you but it is for some.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just quit fooling yourself.  Your behind the curve and don't want to admit it.  Blockchain and its technology is here to stay and so are cryptocurrencies.  It might not be the ticket for you but it is for some.  

I had a job. But I also speculated many years with stock options - very high amounts. I liked this game. It wasn't greed. When the Asian crises came I had bigger losses and never speculated again. Despite this I made some money. But I also know that I had luck and nothing else. If you have luck and the nerves then bitcoins can make you rich. But you have to be aware that you can lose everything what you invested. If so enjoy the game. If you can't live with a total loss then stay away. One day I lost 80 percent of all my money within hours - a big amount. The next two weeks I was drunken every day. Then I started again...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I had a job. But I also speculated many years with stock options - very high amounts. I liked this game. It wasn't greed. When the Asian crises came I had bigger losses and never speculated again. Despite this I made some money. But I also know that I had luck and nothing else. If you have luck and the nerves then bitcoins can make you rich. But you have to be aware that you can lose everything what you invested. If so enjoy the game. If you can't live with a total loss then stay away. One day I lost 80 percent of all my money within hours - a big amount. The next two weeks I was drunken every day. Then I started again...

Like everyone else i lost 2/3rds of my stock portfolio when the crash occurred.  Luckily I left everything in place continued to put in my monthly amounts and when I retired I was about 6% ahead.  So far with my stocks, my properties, and other banking instruments I am still on top.  With my cryptocurrencies I am 223% ahead and have cashed out some in the past year and converted others that were loosers like XRP, seeing the writing on the wall, and have sat tight as a Hodler, and ridden it up again since the downturn in 2018.  If it tanks again, well I am still ahead as I have cashed out way more then I ever invested. Everything I left in and have untouched since the end of last November is nothing but pure profit.  If I cashed it out now and walked I would have more than enough, but I will let it ride and see where it goes.  

Edited by ThailandRyan

More in the Banking industry getting on-board now.

Bitcoin soars to all-time high after BNY Mellon announces crypto venture - The Cryptocurrency forum - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa

Soon you can buy into a portfolio of crypto's.  A few out there already on some of the exchanges such as:

Yearn.finance (YFI) is an Ethereum token that governs the Yearn.finance platform. The platform is a yield optimizer that moves funds around the decentralized finance (“defi”) ecosystem in an effort to generate a high return.

Edited by ThailandRyan

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

More in the Banking industry getting on-board now.

Bitcoin soars to all-time high after BNY Mellon announces crypto venture - The Cryptocurrency forum - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa

Soon you can buy into a portfolio of crypto's.  A few out there already on some of the exchanges such as:

Yearn.finance (YFI) is an Ethereum token that governs the Yearn.finance platform. The platform is a yield optimizer that moves funds around the decentralized finance (“defi”) ecosystem in an effort to generate a high return.

Related : https://www.google.com/finance/quote/GBTC:OTCMKTS

On 2/12/2021 at 9:10 AM, GrandPapillon said:

'United States Coinbase, Inc., the company which operates Coinbase and GDAX in the U.S., is licensed to engage in money transmission in most U.S. jurisdictions'

'Gemini Europe, Ltd (company number 11497305), an affiliate of Gemini Europe Services, Ltd, is an electronic money institution authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, with firm reference number 900988.'

So your statement that none are regulated is complete bull sheet lol.

The only scammer here is you with your false information ????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ed strong said:

'United States Coinbase, Inc., the company which operates Coinbase and GDAX in the U.S., is licensed to engage in money transmission in most U.S. jurisdictions'

'Gemini Europe, Ltd (company number 11497305), an affiliate of Gemini Europe Services, Ltd, is an electronic money institution authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, with firm reference number 900988.'

Sometimes no matter how much we try and educate people on here, they turn their blinders on and choose to ignore the truth, making it into a what they believe to be real scenario.  I know I have posted quite a bit of information as well as others but the one person who obviously does not want to learn or understand has shut his mind to the truth about Cryptocurrencies and their platforms as well as the banking industry and SEC in the US already onboard, as well as a few other countries.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:10 PM, GrandPapillon said:

I see the problem here - the problem is Ireland, not the exchanges.

Give it time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I see the problem here - the problem is Ireland, not the exchanges.

Give it time.

Slow and steady wins the race, and eventually people will be buying into crypto exchanges like they are in a stock portfolio by buying into a product developed by an exchange that will be holding many different cryptos.

2 minutes ago, DoneTravelling said:

I have heard of horse racing as well, much the same, throw money at it and hope it wins.

Everything can be considered a game of chance, just like gambling in Vegas or playing the lottery, but with the Stock market and Crypto currencies there is a track record versus gambling and betting.  Just never put in more than you can afford to loose at the end of the day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

I don’t understand why are there so many nocoiners in this forum. This is the crypto forum yes? On the general investment forum I understand, but why come trolling here?

Nothing else better to do

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Everything can be considered a game of chance, just like gambling in Vegas or playing the lottery, but with the Stock market and Crypto currencies there is a track record versus gambling and betting.  Just never put in more than you can afford to loose at the end of the day.

Crypto and the stock market is pure gambling these days, nothing to do with value or prognoses.

If tomorrow Musk tweets I like Bitcoin, it may increase in price by 50% in the next 24 hours. If he tweets the opposite, it may fall by 50%.

Look what happens with Gamestop, dogecoin and a few other "investments".

Here is another good example.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/signal-advance-jumps-another-438percent-after-elon-musk-fueled-buying-frenzy.html

Elon Musk said ‘use Signal,’ and confused investors sent the wrong stock up 438% on Monday

Here's another

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crypto-mogul-bets-meme-investing-220000958.html

Crypto Mogul Bets on ‘Meme Investing’ With Millions in GameStop

Justin Sun, the 30-year-old crypto entrepreneur who bought $10 million worth of GameStop Corp. at the height of its Reddit-fueled rally, is predicting a paradigm shift in investing as younger people swarm into financial assets.

The GameStop position is now worth just $2 million, Sun said.

Edited by Susco

Some people believe anyone they think can make them become a millionaire and jump on the bandwagon unfortunately.  Some people by dumb luck become rich while others loose everything.  As I have said before never invest more than you can afford to loose and walk away from.  I built what I have by taking chances.  In the time before I was successful I lost quite a bit and will never make those mistakes again, as I have regained my losses and made profits and became debt free.  If I loose whats invested in all my instruments I can still say I am happy to have what is in my pocket, where I lay my head, and what I drive, as it is all paid for.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Barnabe said:

I don’t understand why are there so many nocoiners in this forum. This is the crypto forum yes? On the general investment forum I understand, but why come trolling here?

It's nothing new.  Similar to the anti-Thailand folks who no longer live in Thailand.  Not so much on TV nowadays due to improved moderation but on the old usenet/newsgroup forums, there were folks who clearly just were waking up everyday, logging in to try to keep other folks from moving to Thailand/or even discussing anything involving enjoying life here with negativity.   As if that would somehow preserve their brief stints in Thailand for themselves.

I'd attribute it to age old 'misery loves company.'    

Edited by Heng
grammar

No one knows what will happen with bitcoin and its always good to get other opinions from people that are not financially involved  but when its not constructive you know they have an axe to grind.

I think it stems from the fact that some people have lived through and missed many opportunities in their life and then when something new comes along that folk are doing alright from, they then feel it necessary to attack them or knock them for what they are doing.

Ive taken a fair bit from bitcoin and hate to admit it from Ripple too but those xrp were brought in 2013 with 100 bucks and i had no idea what it was just had spare change in the exchange after purchase of btc, so through it at it and managed to get at 3 bucks plus for the ripple tokens 4 years later lol pure luck in that case.

Some get lucky sure but no one sees the losses / poor trades, anxiety at waiting for that 1st bank transfer to successfully credit at some bank you have never heard of in Lithuania. Waiting for that 1st confirmation when sending btc, it certainly aint all easy but a bloody fun ride but the knockers don't see all that.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:36 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Like everyone else i lost 2/3rds of my stock portfolio when the crash occurred.  Luckily I left everything in place continued to put in my monthly amounts and when I retired I was about 6% ahead.  So far with my stocks, my properties, and other banking instruments I am still on top.  With my cryptocurrencies I am 223% ahead and have cashed out some in the past year and converted others that were loosers like XRP, seeing the writing on the wall, and have sat tight as a Hodler, and ridden it up again since the downturn in 2018.  If it tanks again, well I am still ahead as I have cashed out way more then I ever invested. Everything I left in and have untouched since the end of last November is nothing but pure profit.  If I cashed it out now and walked I would have more than enough, but I will let it ride and see where it goes.  

On 2/12/2021 at 4:34 AM, ThailandRyan said:

and you will lose it all again with Bitcoins because you are foolish to think money can grow on trees ????

because that's basically what bitcoins is, money growing on computer Chips ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2021 at 6:01 AM, ed strong said:

only the SEC can authorize and regulate a US exchange, those guys are using a loophole by saying they are "coin dealers", basically a pawn shop. Everyone can open a pawn shop ????

in a pawn shop, there is no organized and independent market, you are dependent on the pawn shop owner for everything, from price quotation, to volume, and to default ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2021 at 6:58 AM, Barnabe said:

just doing a public service to forewarn fools into putting their Thailand retirement money in those silly bitcoins. Might as well buy crazy Thai Gold, safer IMO.

where was everyone when bitcoins crashed from 17k to 8k in a matter of days and didn't recover until now. Guess, people never learn ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

On 2/13/2021 at 7:27 AM, Susco said:

Crypto Mogul Bets on ‘Meme Investing’ With Millions in GameStop

Justin Sun, the 30-year-old crypto entrepreneur who bought $10 million worth of GameStop Corp. at the height of its Reddit-fueled rally, is predicting a paradigm shift in investing as younger people swarm into financial assets.

The GameStop position is now worth just $2 million, Sun said.

god, those guys are completely delusional, they really think they are playing video games. This millennial generation is doomed, and will destroy the planet (bitcoin is not very green, a topic so important for millennials, oh wait) 

please help us God ????

3 hours ago, ed strong said:

No one knows what will happen with bitcoin and its always good to get other opinions from people that are not financially involved  but when its not constructive you know they have an axe to grind.

oh we know what will happen, and it's always the same story. It ends in tears and ruin a lot of people. Nothing to celebrate about. But in covid times, with all the negative news, I can understand why people need to "hang" onto something and need to start believing in fairy tales. But in truth, they will just compound their misery. I think they should be warned. I don't expect any of them to listen, but at least we tried ????

On 2/11/2021 at 11:53 AM, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I base my knowledge and assumptions on 11 years of investing and trading with crypto. 

Buying cryptos has nothing to do with investing. Trading maybe. It’s pure gamble. 

On 2/12/2021 at 4:34 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Just quit fooling yourself.  Your behind the curve and don't want to admit it.  Blockchain and its technology is here to stay and so are cryptocurrencies. 

“Blockchain and its technology” may be here to stay (who knows?) but you don’t need cryptos for it, and certainly not Bitcoins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

oh we know what will happen, and it's always the same story. It ends in tears and ruin a lot of people. Nothing to celebrate about. But in covid times, with all the negative news, I can understand why people need to "hang" onto something and need to start believing in fairy tales. But in truth, they will just compound their misery. I think they should be warned. I don't expect any of them to listen, but at least we tried ????

Why have multi billion dollar a year hedge funds been attempting to buy a 'distressed asset' confirmed bankruptcy claim that I have multiple times over the last 2 years?

They increase their derisory offers every 6 months or so, very predictable - it amounts to about half the current market value every time they make a new offer - some people who are short of income / funds have sold out to them and regret it now. I've held this claim since 2014 and I'm not biting.

These hedge funds  / investment companies are not stupid, they have a plan and billions of dollars at their disposal and they choose to contact little old me and many others in my situation attempting to buy all of our claims which collectively amount to $7.5 Billion on the books at current market prices.

I'm talking about the MtGox bankruptcy / civil rehabilitation and Fortress Investments (US company) who are a subsidiary of SoftBank - these are the people who want to buy it all and they've been trying their hardest for the last 2 years.

I'm holding and don't even bother replying to their emails / Fedex letters.

There's a lot more going on in the corporate world regarding Bitcoin than you might appreciate but you need to dig a little beneath the surface to see what it is.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

where was everyone when bitcoins crashed from 17k to 8k in a matter of days and didn't recover until now. Guess, people never learn ????

What's your point? It had a dip then eventually had a massive surge?

I imagine most of this "everyone" of which you speak were doing one of two things; frantically selling off their coins in a panic, or sitting tight, riding out the storm.

Those who sat tight obviously will have done extremely well for themselves.

So, again... What was your point?

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Buying cryptos has nothing to do with investing. Trading maybe. It’s pure gamble. 

I think that even Warren Buffet disagrees with you there. You also have numerous books regarding getting rich concepts, investment guides and much more. In thoose almost all investment plans include an investment, as described, in crypto currencies between 3-10% of your total invetsment capital. How do you explain that?

Also, that I am a living proof on that it´s a good investment. How do you explain that?

What you are doing, is taking you own preferences regarding what you see as investments or not. After that you are telling others that it is no investment, and only gambling, based on your persoal preferences. Since when where you appionted to establish a false fact like you just did?

4 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I think that even Warren Buffet disagrees with you there.

Then you don’t know much about Warren Buffet. 

You also have numerous books regarding getting rich concepts, investment guides and much more. In thoose almost all investment plans include an investment, as described, in crypto currencies between 3-10% of your total invetsment capital. How do you explain that?

Also, that I am a living proof on that it´s a good investment. How do you explain that?

You’re confusing gambling wins with investing. 

What you are doing, is taking you own preferences regarding what you see as investments or not. After that you are telling others that it is no investment, and only gambling, based on your persoal preferences. Since when where you appionted to establish a false fact like you just did?

Being precise with one’s use of words has nothing to do with preferences or false facts. It just shows that you don’t know the difference between investing, trading, speculating, and gambling. You could as well call an elephant a spaghetti because that’s your preference. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1