Bitcoin extends gains above $47,000 in Asia

webfact

Bitcoin extends gains above $47,000 in Asia

2021-02-09T004553Z_1_LYNXMPEH18015_RTROPTP_4_CRYPTO-CURRENCY-GERMANY-PASSWORD.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A representation of virtual currency Bitcoin is seen in front of a stock graph in this illustration taken January 8, 2021. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Cryptocurrencies extended gains in Asia on Tuesday, with bitcoin and ethereum reaching record highs, in the wake of a Tesla Inc investment in bitcoin.

Bitcoin posted its largest daily percentage gain in more than three years overnight, after Tesla made the announcement in its 2020 annual report.

Bitcoin added as much as 2.5% to hit a record high of $47,565.86 on Tuesday and has gained 61% for the year so far. Ethereum hit a record of $1,784.

(Reporting by Tom Westbrook in Singapore and Stanley White in Tokyo; Editing by Himani Sarkar)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-02-09

Pumped upwards by Elon Musk and Tesla purchasing 1.5 billion worth of BTC, and then saying you can and will be able to buy  a car from them using the BTC.  Another market has now been made.  Ethereum is still under valued, but when they start to burn Ethereum with the new upgrade ETH should also climb higher.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Lol

What´s funny! Please tell me a better investment with a greater potential gain regarding crypto currency if you have such fun over my advice.

On the other hand, I have seen you put laughing smilies over peoples misery before. Maybe we should not take you serious.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

10 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

What´s funny! Please tell me a better investment with a greater potential gain regarding crypto currency if you have such fun over my advice.

On the other hand, I have seen you put laughing smilies over peoples misery before. Maybe we should not take you serious.

LOL :rofl:

53 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

If I were you I wouldn't take much of anything you read on the internet too seriously.

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

no shortage idiots in this world, that's what GME GameStop and Robinhood demonstrated last week ????

Here is another example about how the stock market is rigged by gullible idiots.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/signal-advance-jumps-another-438percent-after-elon-musk-fueled-buying-frenzy.html

Elon Musk said ‘use Signal,’ and confused investors sent the wrong stock up 438% on Monday

A thinly traded device maker called Signal Advance soared for the third consecutive trading session after Elon Musk said to “use Signal,” even though he was referring to a messaging app that has nothing to do with the company.

• Like 1

Bitcoin is nothing more than a pipedream for the "disfranchised" and a conduit for "predators" ????

it's basically buying "currency" for an adult RPG game, basically "Fornite" for adults ????

Did you know that most people lose "access" to their bitcoins because they can't remember passwords or forget where they put their cold storage? LOL

I think there is something like 1bn USD estimated of "unclaimed" bitcoins that were lost,

One guy recently was in the press about how he only has 2 attempt lefts for his "forgotten" password on his cold storage that has about 400M USD locked ????

30 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

never underestimate the stupidity and gullibility of people ????

see the GME saga, went from 5USD to 400USD in no time LOL thanks to a swarm of fools and newbies ????

I'd rather follow Elon Musk than you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Bitcoin is nothing more than a pipedream for the "disfranchised" and a conduit for "predators" ????

it's basically buying "currency" for an adult RPG game, basically "Fornite" for adults ????

Did you know that most people lose "access" to their bitcoins because they can't remember passwords or forget where they put their cold storage? LOL

I think there is something like 1bn USD estimated of "unclaimed" bitcoins that were lost,

One guy recently was in the press about how he only has 2 attempt lefts for his "forgotten" password on his cold storage that has about 400M USD locked ????

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies used to rely on a secure wallet with an encryption algorithm, but that is no longer the normal with exchanges such as Coinbase, Coinbase PRO, BitFinex, and a multitude of others.  You can if you want buy your crypto's and create your own wallet called cold storage, for which you will need the lengthy algorithm, but for most folks the exchanges are secure and all you need is a login and password to complete your trades or sales.  The exchanges that have their own platforms are slowly moving to complete legitimacy with registering with the SEC.  Coinbase in fact has registered to start selling itself on the stock market with an IPO for which you can buy the company itself. 

Coinbase Announces Intention To Go Public With Direct Listing | Nasdaq

I really think you are confused, as cryptocurrencies are the wave of not only the now but the future, and are used for more than gaming as you believe.  Smart contracts are secure and are based upon the Ethereum blockchain.  Blockchain technology is now very secure and creates transactions that are fast, trackable and irreversible each time a contract or purchase is made.   I think you need to do some research.  You seem to be a hater of technology and have no idea of what you are talking about.  It is ok to be behind the power curve, but you need to get yourself up to speed to understand where banking is heading.  Fiat currency will exist side by side with cryptocurrencies but eventually one day we will enter an entirely digital currency age, just like China is currently heading into.  Have you ever wondered why your bank transfers now can be done fairly quickly, 8 Leading Banks Using Blockchain for International Money Transfers - EconoTimes.  The SWIFT technology currently used will one day be replaced.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but Cryptocurrencies and the exchanges and technology is here to stay.

Smart Contracts Definition (investopedia.com)

Blockchain: Everything You Need to Know (investopedia.com)

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

never underestimate the stupidity and gullibility of people ????

see the GME saga, went from 5USD to 400USD in no time LOL thanks to a swarm of fools and newbies ????

Yes, very true. However, it regards a lower value. You can look when bitcoin went from around 100 to a 1000 in one year.

Ok you have one exception. That is when it went from about 1 100 to 20 000 in only 8-9 month. That is something that have never happened with any type of currency in history, though.

So, the result is still far fetched that it will reach 100k this year. Maybe in 2-4 years.

On 2/9/2021 at 6:06 AM, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Yes, sold 70% and got 46,577 dollar each. ????

Time to reinvest 50% of the profit in XRP. Take the advice folks!

In 3 years time that will give min. 3 times the investment. At this time impossible for bitcoin.

Ok, there is apparently only funny guys laughing att my comment above. Do like this. Today XRP stands in about 13 baht per coin. Look at it in 3 years. It will be a minimum of 100 baht per coin.

XRP is total thrash and the antithesis to what crypto should be.

A crypto currency that is centrally controlled by a private entity, is not used for anything except speculation (the others are at least used in black markets), and seems to only be pumped and dumped for no reason except telegram pump and dumps.

If you want to dabble in <deleted>coins, at least do it in community ones that actually share some values with Bitcoin.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Today XRP stands in about 13 baht per coin. Look at it in 3 years. It will be a minimum of 100 baht per coin.

Why, did you read tea leaves that told you so? On what basis can you determine that?

And your claim that Bitcoin won’t 3x in 3 years is a joke. It might go 10x or might lose half its value, the fact is no one knows.

Edited by Barnabe
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Barnabe said:

Why, did you read tea leaves that told you so? On what basis can you determine that?

And your claim that Bitcoin won’t 3x in 3 years is a joke. It might go 10x or might lose half its value, the fact is no one knows.

Going to make a short answer on that one. No use to go deeper, when you seem to be totally unaware of how crypto currencies move and react during time. What also can be seen in a very clear line through all of them. However, that is over course for you. ????

Let´s just say that Tron, Binance, Ethereum and Litecoin so on forever.... have one thing in common. They all hit a top in the middle of the period from 2013-2021. based on that, it´s my estimation that XRP is going to have that high in the next coming 3 years. Based om my history with crypto, I have not missed so far, so beleive what you want, boy. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Going to make a short answer on that one. No use to go deeper, when you seem to be totally unaware of how crypto currencies move and react during time. What also can be seen in a very clear line through all of them. However, that is over course for you. ????

Let´s just say that Tron, Binance, Ethereum and Litecoin so on forever.... have one thing in common. They all hit a top in the middle of the period from 2013-2021. based on that, it´s my estimation that XRP is going to have that high in the next coming 3 years. Based om my history with crypto, I have not missed so far, so beleive what you want, boy. ????

Whats that Tron? 

• Like 1