Visa extention vs 90 days report

Hi guys!

Let`s say my 90 days report due day is on  Nov 20. But i get my yearly visa extension on Nov 9. 

Question: when does my 90 days countdown starts?

A) it never starts. It just continues absolutely the same way despite visa extension.

B) 90 days report countdown restarts automatically  along with visa extension.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, awol666 said:

Let`s say my 90 days report due day is on  Nov 20. But i get my yearly visa extension on Nov 9. 

Hypothetical question. Using your example.

A "workaround". Earliest date you could do 90 day report is Nov 6.

So if you go to apply for extension between Nov 6 and 9 you can simply do both at one visit.

11 minutes ago, awol666 said:

Usually it does not. You might ask for, some officers seem to do it.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A "workaround". Earliest date you could do 90 day report is Nov 6.

So if you go to apply for extension between Nov 6 and 9 you can simply do both at one visit.

That would be great! But in reality it does not work  this way. At least not in Thailand:

1. I had to go to Samut Prakhan Immigration Office only to deal with visa. 

2.90 days report - Thai Immigration (Temporary VISA Extension Center) which is not far from Don Muang.

The 90 day report is not related to extension.

As pointed out above if your in the 'window' for your 90 report you could do it on same visit.

However (for example,) if dealing with CW, your extension would be done there and your 90 report done at MTT

36 minutes ago, awol666 said:

That would be great! But in reality it does not work  this way. At least not in Thailand:

2.90 days report - Thai Immigration (Temporary VISA Extension Center) which is not far from Don Muang.

Are sure about that.

I have seen reports of people doing their 90 day report at Samut Prakan immigration.

Normally Bangkok immigration would not do your 90 day report since you are not living in Bangkok.

Edited by ubonjoe
corrected typo

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally Bangkok immigration would not do your 90 day report since you are not living in Bangkok.

For a "not"? "are not living in Bangkok"?

I hesitated to wonder about the separated offices in different areas. Took it as granted.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

For a "not"? "are not living in Bangkok"?

Fixed now.

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I hesitated to wonder about the separated offices in different areas. Took it as granted.

It is a case of different provinces.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, DrJack54 said:

The 90 day report is not related to extension.

Sort of “true/not true”  in udon when your extension is ending the 90 day report date is absolutely related to the expiration date of your extension, so I have a “report back date” that is 10 days after my “reported date”. 180C6509-0D0D-40BF-9425-A4835FA22882.jpeg.ab5e704013cd38b1cdeb4d6f42a08723.jpeg
Some offices do this.

The effect of this is that if you desire to minimise the number of visits to immigration, the earliest sensible date to put in your extension application is 15 days before expiration if on a marriage extension. As at that point with you in the immigration office doing the 90 report the report IO will override the short report back date.

Since the 90 day is controlled by each reporting office separately they can, and do, have different variations.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 1:33 PM, awol666 said:

Hi guys!

Question: when does my 90 days countdown starts?

A) it never starts. It just continues absolutely the same way despite visa extension.

Thanks!

ohhh dear WHWN DO YOU THINK IT STARTS AGAIN......it is NOT rocket science !!!!

• Sad 1

On 2/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, awol666 said:

one can go 'sign in " 15 days before due date.....and 7 days after due date !!!!