Shower tray slip proofing.

Golden Triangle

Although the floor tiles in our shower are designed for bathroom use they are still a bit to slippery for my liking, I purchased a couple of supposedly non slip shower mats, but guess what, they move when stood on, ???? Is there a DIY paint on solution to this problem ? It needs to be clear as I don't think my landlord would be happy with me changing the colour of his tiles. I already have a balance problem and slippy slidey showers are a no no when I'm washing shampoo out of my hair and eyes wide shut. ???? Thanks for any help????????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I already have a balance problem and slippy slidey showers are a no no when I'm washing shampoo out of my hair and eyes wide shut.

I'm sure there are suction cup mats out there.

NEVER close both eyes in the shower unless you are holding onto or leaning on something. Especially if you have a balance problem. Ask the landlord if you or he can install a hospital type grab handle in the shower? 150B from Lazada. They are quite slick matt finish with concealed screws

5bc7da53bf773aa18b2699fec288c3ab.jpg_400

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There are Mats available made of Rubber with suckers on the bottom that sit in the actual Shower Tray.

I have been using them for Years and they work well. I have never had a slip in the actual Shower

Yeah I have those but they don't like to stick to the slightly textured surface of the shower tiles, I suppose I should have figured that when I bought them, too late now, good job they weren't expensive ????

Hence my question about a possible paint on solution to the problem.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Get some sort of fold-down seat.

I've been considering getting a chair for the shower, as washing my feet is near impossible. I am concerned about the quality & weight bearing though, as the standard of many things here are not so good.

Anyone got any recommendations for a shower chair?

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:
1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

Wear flip flops.

I don't have any at the moment, I usually wear slip on deck shoes when out & about, were you being serious, serious question !!

Yes, cheap 49bt shoes will stop you slipping.

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Although the floor tiles in our shower are designed for bathroom use they are still a bit to slippery for my liking, I purchased a couple of supposedly non slip shower mats, but guess what, they move when stood on, ???? Is there a DIY paint on solution to this problem ? It needs to be clear as I don't think my landlord would be happy with me changing the colour of his tiles. I already have a balance problem and slippy slidey showers are a no no when I'm washing shampoo out of my hair and eyes wide shut. ???? Thanks for any help????????

There are several nonslip tapes available that you can easily stick down on the tiles.

28 minutes ago, faraday said:

I've been considering getting a chair for the shower, as washing my feet is near impossible. I am concerned about the quality & weight bearing though, as the standard of many things here are not so good.

Anyone got any recommendations for a shower chair?

Any of the plastic chairs or stools will be perfectly ok as long as they will support you.

• Like 2

When had surgery on my foot I had to get a chair for the shower. Got it at (I think) HomePro. Not great looking, but it was fully adjustable, had no-skid feet and was solid as a rock. It is a aluminum frame with white foam seat and back. Looks like a medical appliance, but it was great. My mother-in-law has it now and loves it.

I can't speak to all of the tapes, but the 3M product I tried did not stick long to the tile. I am generally a fan of 3M products but this was worthless. I cleaned and dried the tile and wiped it with AAA thinner but it just did not stick.

The big home stores do have a no-skid treatment/coating for tile, but I have not tried it. 

• Thanks 2