200 underground gambling dens still operating across Thailand

webfact

200 underground gambling dens still operating across Thailand

gambling.jpg

There are about 200 underground gambling dens operating nationwide, and 47 are in the Bangkok metropolitan area, according to a government panel, set up last month to investigate the potential involvement of officials in the gambling operations, which became outbreak hotspots earlier this year.

Chanchao Chaiyanukit, former permanent secretary of justice, who is now chairing the committee, said that the panel also found that 10 police officers and administrative officials had colluded to allow the gambling dens to operate.

The panel is focused on two dens in Rayong province, where the network operating there had over 100 million baht in circulation. The venues are owned by the same person, and have been operating for one year.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/200-underground-gambling-dens-still-operating-across-thailand/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

That's probably understated.  Just legalize it.  Like drugs, they just end up throwing a huge percentage of otherwise good people into jail over "morality crimes." 

Thailand should move to a Portugal-type drug policy and simply legalize gambling and enjoy a cut of the new revenue streams.

• Like 1

????????????

Multiply those numbers by 10 and you are still a long ways from reality.  Multiply by 100 and you are getting closer to reality.

I just came back from Chinese New Year with my ladies family.  Even in her small town there is many places to gambol with cards or cock fighting. If my lady's family knows about it then I guarantee everyone in town and the surroundings knows about it, including the boys in brown.