I went out for breakfast.

jvs

26 minutes ago, jvs said:

The food had not arrived yet ,who needs spit in their breakfast?

I should not have to ask them not to smoke,am i wrong here?

Why would you assume they would spit in your food? 

You are not wrong but what is the harm asking someone politely to stop smoking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

this is an endless discussion had over many years - too lazy to dig up the research but I believe that the importance of foreigners spending habits have been thoroughly disproven.. 

Yes, voted with their pocket and a whole 100 Baht.

Edited by userabcd

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

You are not wrong but what is the harm asking someone politely to stop smoking.

I know what you are saying but should i have to ask?

They should not smoke in the first place!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, jvs said:

Do you see those people here in Thailand?To me it looks there are not very many foreigners at the moment.

He is somehow right. There are many foreigners running around without masks at least here in Pattaya. On the other hand in the evening they can sit next to each other in bars without masks. In addition due to the noise they have to speak very loud what in combination with alcohol leads to more droplets flying around. 

To sum it up. But for sure can do it yourself... Often these customers in bars are (vulnerable) elderly expats. If the virus wipes them out then the last remaining customers might disappear. 

I myself avoid such places with people without masks. This is perhaps the best protection.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You could have just asked her to stop smoking. Then you could have enjoyed your breakfast, have enjoyed your time and maybe go there again another day.

Now you are obviously not the happy. That's the opposite of win/win and it was entirely up to you.

I attach a picture of part of my last breakfast in a nice restaurant. ???? 

IMG_20210205_092708.thumb.jpg.d14255ec01b4b8326bdc3f32a51b1a9b.jpg

I bet you can't wait to go back there!Glad you understand my point.

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Although not a smoker, to be truthful, I don't think they missed either of you..

On what is your thinking based? That the restaurant doesn't need the custom? Cannot detect the untelligence behind your statement. Was it only to Troll the OP?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jvs said:

I do not really care how you see it!

I spend maybe just under 5000 baht per month on eating out etc.

None of this money will ever go there!!!

And yet they complain how hard things are these days!

You are not getting it either.

Don't feed the Trolls.... They get it; they just choose to try to wind you up.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

The food had not arrived yet ,who needs spit in their breakfast?

I should not have to ask them not to smoke,am i wrong here?

No, you are not wrong. You are just over reacting. You are probably old enough to have been out and around when smoking was allowed in restaurants, so how bad can it really be?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You should not have to ask. But remember, this is real life.

Do you really think they would have spat in your breakfast if you would have asked politely?

I think sometimes we should give others a little slack. Some time ago I had a new neighbor in my condominium. The first couple of times when I saw him he was a little rude and I almost said something not so nice to him. A week or two later we chatted in the lift and he is actually a nice guy. Since then I am happy so see him. What would be the situation now if I would have followed my first impulse? Live and let live!

What would be the situation? The difference is that you almost said something not nice. The OP said nothing at all. I would have done exactly the same.

I can cook at home. If I choose to go out to eat, I don't expect to be inconvenienced. Waitress smoking and spoiling my experience would be enough to make me move to another place. It is as simple as that. He doesn't need to tell her anything. Why should he risk a confrontation?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

No, you are not wrong. You are just over reacting. You are probably old enough to have been out and around when smoking was allowed in restaurants, so how bad can it really be?

It was bad enough in the old days,that is why they changed the law.

Over reacting?You are probably right,they must have had a real laugh after i left,never to come back again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

I'm more concerned over the maskless morons I see, foreigners who came from countries with horrendous death rates walking around as if covid doesn't exist in Thailand - won't go near a place that has folks drinking, smoking or eating - no loss for I cook healthier and better than most folks here or abroad..

Generally when I see the masks on the chin or uncovered nose it is elderly Farang, usually in supermarkets ,,Makro etc.

Put down to ignorance and lack of concern for others.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Oldie said:

He is somehow right. There are many foreigners running around without masks at least here in Pattaya. On the other hand in the evening they can sit next to each other in bars without masks. In addition due to the noise they have to speak very loud what in combination with alcohol leads to more droplets flying around. 

To sum it up. But for sure can do it yourself... Often these customers in bars are (vulnerable) elderly expats. If the virus wipes them out then the last remaining customers might disappear. 

I myself avoid such places with people without masks. This is perhaps the best protection.

Ok, thanks for that but that is not what the topic is about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

He was neither wrong nor did he overreact. He entered the restaurant expecting a no smoking environment. It wasn't; he left. The end.

Ridiculous scenarios of smoking in restaurants years ago don't count. I would simply not ever enter a place that allowed smoking. I don't want to have the taste of cigarettes with every mouthful. It's my choice.

Some might have suggesedt that he overreacted and caused friction by telling her to stop. How comfortable would he feel sitting there alone after stopping the waitress from doing what she wanted to do? It was time to move on and that is what he did.

Oh, Thank you for trying to correct me. Nah, it didn´t work ????

Still a huge over reaction, and after that talking about the law. Must be a very law abiding citizen/resident/visitor. Never driven the motorbike without a helmet. Never trown any trash outside a bin. Always waiting for green before crossing the street.

Just get used to the way of life here, the culture, and how much they care about different laws and rules. It´s the country we all chosed to live in. Next time he will just find something else to complain on.

• Like 1

Just now, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Oh, Thank you for trying to correct me. Nah, it didn´t work ????

Still a huge over reaction, and after that talking about the law. Must be a very law abiding citizen/resident/visitor. Never driven the motorbike without a helmet. Never trown any trash outside a bin. Always waiting for green before crossing the street.

Just get used to the way of life here, the culture, and how much they care about different laws and rules. It´s the country we all chosed to live in. Next time he will just find something else to complain on.

Sorry but that is just a load of blah blah blah....some would say that you signature is a massive overreaction and just your strange perspective. Don't try to insist that your point of view the only point of view. We will only end up on different sides. Instead accept that is the way he felt and then move on with your own life.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Found a place,nice and clean and i was the only customer,these places are really struggling i am sure.

Most of the same places are closed and do not even bother to open i think.

Perhaps everyone else knew, that is why you were the only one there, cigarette smoke and food, YUK

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

kissing a smoker to me was like running your tongue around an ashtray 

Is that your fetish or your kink??

• Haha 1