I went out for breakfast.

jvs

You were lucky , I went out in Pattaya  for a meal in a Farung  eating place and after getting half way through my soup , I found a cockroach floating in it. Yes , the worse thing was, I had eaten half of it , so as soon as I could settle the sickly feeling down, I called the waitress over to inspect my soup, well to my surprise, she hardly battered a eye lid, as though it was a daily occurrence , any way she said, we will give you another soup and there will be no charge , well probably the worse thing for me are cockroach's, can;t stand them , so I politely said no thank you ,got up and walked out,  there was no use getting angry about it, that does not get you any ware in Thailand.  

Regards ,,,,,Popa

Edited by popabear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Next time he will just find something else to complain on.

From where did you get any indication i complain a lot?

Are you always fine with people breaking the law because of where we are?

I do not care if people ride motorbikes without a helmet,go kill yourself!I do not care!

I don't like people blowing smoke when i am out eating,is that too much for you to comprehend?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

I got up,walked to the bar and asked for the bill,paid and left.

Some people just do not have a clue!

Went home and made some food here.

Rant over.

Unless you planned to leave the waitress a very nice tip which you don't indicate, do you honestly think the waitress gave a hoot about you staying or leaving?

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

On what is your thinking based? That the restaurant doesn't need the custom? Cannot detect the untelligence behind your statement. Was it only to Troll the OP?

nah, they don't need nor want the drama. a couple of foreigners  doesn't make a lick of difference (and really never has except maybe in foreign owned businesses) and if they're ashtrays provided at the restaurant then the customers have to be a little dimwitted not to realize someone might smoke..

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

nah, they don't need nor want the drama. a couple of foreigners  doesn't make a lick of difference (and really never has except maybe in foreign owned businesses) and if they're ashtrays provided at the restaurant then the customers have to be a little dimwitted not to realize someone might smoke..

It is a foreign owned business,no ashtrays,i would have left without sitting down.

To make you happy,ok it was my fault for going there!

Will not happen again though.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jvs said:

It is a foreign owned business,no ashtrays,i would have left without sitting down.

To make you happy,ok it was my fault for going there!

Will not happen again though.

so the foreign owned business allowed their employee to smoke in a no smoking restaurant (you said there were no ashtrays in the place, so she must of been using what? a coffee cup?) - I wouldn't be returning either for I would suspect a sloppy kitchen/dodgy food a possibility..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How long are you already in Thailand?

Do you always follow all the laws in Thailand?

Or do enjoy life with not super strict law enforcement? 

Thais on the whole seem to have stopped smoking inside restaurants.

Perhaps they agree that it's a filthy habit that offends others subjected to second hand smoke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, jvs said:

Do you see those people here in Thailand?To me it looks there are not very many foreigners at the moment.

one is too many, and I've seen many in Hua Hin - you have to be a little stupid imo but they shouldn't let they're lack of intellect endanger others, this selfishness is what caused the massive death rates in Europe/UK/US..

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

nah, but they may of have got used to the great decrease of complainers..

Yeah, when your only customer of the day complains and leaves I agree that's something they may have gotten used to.

Very shrewd business practice and you called it, well done!:clap2:

Edited by Phoenix Rising

23 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

On what is your thinking based? That the restaurant doesn't need the custom? Cannot detect the untelligence behind your statement. Was it only to Troll the OP?

my thinking is based upon (and not necessarily in this case) the fact that many foreign visitors/long term and otherwise have a somewhat inflated opinion of themselves and perhaps where they came from (more sophisticated in their opinion). Life here, is not the same as your homeland, nor will it ever be. The sooner you can grasp that fact the happier you will be. Or, you'll be a complaining fool that won't make any difference at all. Perhaps if you think things should be more like where you grew up you maybe should go back home to what your comfortable with. Life is way too short to be whining all the time..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yeah, when your only customer of the day complains and leaves I agree that's something they may have gotten used to.

Very shrewd business practice and you called it, well done!:clap2:

if I had a restaurant business with only one customer a day, I would of shut the doors long ago. You need a fair turnover to serve fresh food and if the food isn't fresh, you'll never have more customers - especially since this a foreign owned business (purportedly from someone who should know better).. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, jvs said:

Yesterday morning i decided i should go out for breakfast,so i did.

It was very busy in town and the beach was pretty much crowded with people enjoying the long weekend.

Lots of motorbike people and the atmosphere was great,a lot of relaxed people.

Not wanting a Thai food breakfast i looked for a place catering to western,foreign people,farang as they call them here.

Found a place,nice and clean and i was the only customer,these places are really struggling i am sure.

Most of the same places are closed and do not even bother to open i think.

Anyway,first time i was there and i asked for fresh coffee,it came and it was great!

Waiting for my breakfast i smelled some one smoking a cigarette ,i looked and the waitress was just sitting there smoking

a fag.

I got up,walked to the bar and asked for the bill,paid and left.

Some people just do not have a clue!

Went home and made some food here.

Rant over.

Just stopped smoking 3 days ago but I will do the same in the future !

On 2/14/2021 at 7:52 AM, jvs said:

Being a smoker is one thing but this was in a restaurant where smoking is forbidden,no clue these people!

When you paid up and left, did you tell them why?

It may be obvious to you and others who object, but if they are not told about 

the problem, then they cannot adjust their ways.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:14 AM, Thailand said:

Generally when I see the masks on the chin or uncovered nose it is elderly Farang, usually in supermarkets ,,Makro etc.

Put down to ignorance and lack of concern for others.

There is a large Texan youtuber up on the Mekong River, he often waddles around the 

big supermarkets with his mask on his chins, handling products then putting them back 

on the shelves. Complete disregard of other people that he could well be infecting.