I went out for breakfast.

jvs

Your error was deciding on restaurant that had no customers. I thought everyone would know never to eat at a place thats empty.

But that aside, i would not care about it. Had many a meal around a campfire, many in local dives, many very fine places. A minute or so of smoke doesnt bother me at all.

Its not as if im breathing the most pristine air anyway.  Now if the food was not so good AND the smoking then i wouldnt return. If the food satisfied me then i just wouldnt care about the smoking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shy coconut said:

When you paid up and left, did you tell them why?

It may be obvious to you and others who object, but if they are not told about 

the problem, then they cannot adjust their ways.

Yes i did,i did not raise my voice but i told the waitress(the wife of the sponsor)three times that it is very impolite to smoke in front of customers.

(blank stare)

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Your error was deciding on restaurant that had no customers. I thought everyone would know never to eat at a place thats empty.

In normal times i would agree with you,these are not normal times and when i do not go out

alone we usually go to a Thai food place.This time i decided to look for a place that caters to foreigners(farangs) to support them just a little bit during these hard times.

Most of the Thai places had lots of customers because it was a long weekend and the town was packed.

Very hard these days to go to a place that has western food only and find a customer inside.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, RichardColeman said:

Totally agree with the poster. A lot of smokers have no regard for anyone other than themselves. I've done the same as the poster, walked in, looked at the menu, seen a ignorant person 3ft from my daughter light up and simply just left. 

While he was eating you should just have walked up to him, make sure he saw you, then start picking your nose then look at your thumb and first finger, it works, I can assure you, but I'm a big guy.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, jvs said:

Being a smoker is one thing but this was in a restaurant where smoking is forbidden,no clue these people!

You are in a country where prostitution is forbidden.  What does that tell you about forbidding smoking in bars and restaurants?  ???? 

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2021 at 2:31 PM, jvs said:

Yesterday morning i decided i should go out for breakfast,so i did.

It was very busy in town and the beach was pretty much crowded with people enjoying the long weekend.

Lots of motorbike people and the atmosphere was great,a lot of relaxed people.

Not wanting a Thai food breakfast i looked for a place catering to western,foreign people,farang as they call them here.

Found a place,nice and clean and i was the only customer,these places are really struggling i am sure.

Most of the same places are closed and do not even bother to open i think.

Anyway,first time i was there and i asked for fresh coffee,it came and it was great!

Waiting for my breakfast i smelled some one smoking a cigarette ,i looked and the waitress was just sitting there smoking

a fag.

I got up,walked to the bar and asked for the bill,paid and left.

Some people just do not have a clue!

Went home and made some food here.

Rant over.

Breakfast in bar...why bar? End story

On 2/14/2021 at 2:31 AM, jvs said:

Yesterday morning i decided i should go out for breakfast,so i did.

It was very busy in town and the beach was pretty much crowded with people enjoying the long weekend.

Lots of motorbike people and the atmosphere was great,a lot of relaxed people.

Not wanting a Thai food breakfast i looked for a place catering to western,foreign people,farang as they call them here.

Found a place,nice and clean and i was the only customer,these places are really struggling i am sure.

Most of the same places are closed and do not even bother to open i think.

Anyway,first time i was there and i asked for fresh coffee,it came and it was great!

Waiting for my breakfast i smelled some one smoking a cigarette ,i looked and the waitress was just sitting there smoking

a fag.

I got up,walked to the bar and asked for the bill,paid and left.

Some people just do not have a clue!

Went home and made some food here.

Rant over.

I would be more worried about the food you are being served. For Christ's sake, maybe the cook is smoking ganja.

On 2/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, RJRS1301 said:

And that would be a bad thing why??

He might be intoxicated with the drug. He may not give a toss about the cleanliness of the kitchen, much less the utensils or pots/pans. Maybe he thinks it would be funny to spit in the food and prepare it with unwashed hands.

Shall I go on? Do you need me to draw you a picture?

3 hours ago, Gumballl said:

He might be intoxicated with the drug. He may not give a toss about the cleanliness of the kitchen, much less the utensils or pots/pans. Maybe he thinks it would be funny to spit in the food and prepare it with unwashed hands.

Perhaps also he may become a frantic cleaner of kitchen and utensils, creative with the food, meticulous about the presentation, and be scrupulous with his hygiene, rather have someone stoned than <deleted>, not everything is a negative.

4 hours ago, Gumballl said:

More likely to be drunk than stoned. Given the choice I'll take a stoned cook over a drunk one any time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 4:00 PM, RichardColeman said:

You don't get it do you, they just lost three customers and income for something a smoker could do when they left !

Disgusting habit anyway - kissing a smoker to me was like running your tongue around an ashtray 

Agree disgusting habit. 

Even felacio from a smokers is horrible. Many of the ladyboys smoke, so one way to know if you're getting a BJ from a ladyboy is if if feels or smells of smoke

Very unpleasant 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Agree disgusting habit. 

Even felacio from a smokers is horrible. Many of the ladyboys smoke, so one way to know if you're getting a BJ from a ladyboy is if if feels or smells of smoke

Very unpleasant 

But also take it deep throat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Many of the ladyboys smoke, so one way to know if you're getting a BJ from a ladyboy is if if feels or smells of smoke

Very unpleasant 

I am quite sure I would know it's a Ladyboy BEFORE the BJ part.  ????

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

I am quite sure I would know it's a Ladyboy BEFORE the BJ part.  ????

You would be surprised how deceptive they are, especially in dim lighting.. Couple of beers in, it is not easy to tell at all

On 2/22/2021 at 9:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

In my experience many places that cater for western expats have a bar IN a restaurant as expats like to congregate after eating.

True that. These days i prefer a bar type place to eat.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

More likely to be drunk than stoned. Given the choice I'll take a stoned cook over a drunk one any time.

Be careful, he may get the munchies and eat half your meal on the way to your table.

Then again, better than a drunk who will pick it off the floor and slap it back on the plate.

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Agree disgusting habit. 

Very unpleasant 

some of the waitresses are real tidy, I'd be down for some felacio if they are keen.

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

some of the waitresses are real tidy, I'd be down for some felacio if they are keen.

Just don't get them after lunch. They are always eating chilis and garlic with everything. Made that mistake at many massage shops! 

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

You would be surprised how deceptive they are, especially in dim lighting.. Couple of beers in, it is not easy to tell at all

I accept that it's not always easy to tell, but there is a vetting process before proceeding to the BJ part.  ????

29 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I accept that it's not always easy to tell, but there is a vetting process before proceeding to the BJ part.  ????

Yes they vet you to see if you are worth it. ????