Chiang Mai: "Sex for grades" high school teacher arrested at short time hotel with 15 year old student

webfact

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Interesting defense......having sex with a minor because she was my girlfriend.......it wasn't sex for grades!

Makes sense, because this would not have been illegal.

Now he just has to offer the girl's parents enough money to tell the police that they gave their consent to them having sex, then he walks away as a free man.

How many times does it take for what passes as an education system and the abuse of children before there is any sort of reform? It seems that teachers preying on children in one form or another is acceptable or is part of the local culture, very sad! 

6 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

How many times does it take for what passes as an education system and the abuse of children before there is any sort of reform? It seems that teachers preying on children in one form or another is acceptable or is part of the local culture, very sad! 

There are thousand of teachers in Thailand, most of them doing a good job

(Or at least they try to do their best with what they have to deal with)

the % of bad apples in the basket is the same as it is in all the other sectors of the thai society

of course it's more sensitive and it's in the news because it involves child

but nowadays for 99,99% of the thais it's not something acceptable nor a part of the local culture

this is the same problem in Thailand in 2021 as it is anywhere in the world

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Though it is likely this kind of thing has been going on since the first school opened thousands of years ago, it is a horrific plague, and it is incumbent on any official, law enforcement or judicial person with the tiniest bit of moral fiber, to come down hard on the perpetrators, and lock them up for a very long time, in a place where they are assured of making some "very good friends". Friends who cannot be bullied into silence or submission. 

Yes it has been going on for many years and happened to one of my wife's cousins over twenty years ago.  The "professor" involved was given a slap on the wrist and moved on to another school in Ching Mai!  Hopefully this time, some justice will be done. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Worgeordie is a normal person. If you saw a 6 year old child lost in a mall you would immediately call a policeman, security guard  to try to help him or her find her guardian A pedophile would abduct the child take somewhere to sexually assault it with wanton disregard for its welfare. If a 15 year old girl with curves and  breasts threw herself at a pedophile he would not interested in the least because a pedophile is attracted to pre-pubesecent children only. 

Yes but the pedophile label is hung on many people that abuse youngsters up to 18 years old.  I think it is aimed more at the people who are abusing the vulnerable rather than for their physical appearance.  But I do think that the word pedophile is wrongly used in many cases and just bandied around for shock value.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Yes but the pedophile label is hung on many people that abuse youngsters up to 18 years old.  I think it is aimed more at the people who are abusing the vulnerable rather than for their physical appearance.  But I do think that the word pedophile is wrongly used in many cases and just bandied around for shock value.

It is a specific term of criminal science and psychiatry. Pedophiles are almost 100 percent male and it is incurable. They need to be permanently separated from society. There are many cases of even female high school teachers in US  cultivating sexual relationships with teen students , also a grave crime sex crime attracting a jail sentence but it is not pedophilia. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

It is a specific term of criminal science and psychiatry. Pedophiles are almost 100 percent male and it is incurable. They need to be permanently separated from society. There are many cases of even female high school teachers in US  cultivating sexual relationships with teen students , also a grave crime sex crime attracting a jail sentence but it is not pedophilia. 

That is the point I was making!  But there are female pedophiles and quite often couples work together for their mutual sexual satisfaction.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

This is so wrong and I think everyone can agree. It never seems to stop does it? The abuse of position, the sexual and physical abuse of children, the institutional bullying and so on.  I feel for the  young girl, but I also feel for every parent in this forum who must stand guard in defense of their child. no child must live with this stress and no parent should be worried if their child will be safe from those who are supposed to be guardian.

My Thai son has a 16 year old daughter, he and his wife worry about her safety all the time.

Amongst other comments he says 'it's hard to get a balance of excellent protection, knowledge of her location, treating her with respect and as a young adult'.

They continuously look for whole family activities, make her feel important, involved and welcome to add her thoughts and comments. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

That is the point I was making!  But there are female pedophiles and quite often couples work together for their mutual sexual satisfaction.  

No I don't think you understand. Never heard of one of these female teachers abusing a little boy. They violated law with with post-pubescent lads.  Muscles, deepened voice, pubic hair, the "secondary sexual characters in males".

Edited by Captain Monday

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Yes it has been going on for many years and happened to one of my wife's cousins over twenty years ago.  The "professor" involved was given a slap on the wrist and moved on to another school in Ching Mai!  Hopefully this time, some justice will be done. 

Where are Paul Kersey (Charles Bronson in Death Wish) or Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry) when you need them? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Not just interesting, but a perfectly adequate defense unless it can be proven false.  (Considering she's over 15)

Prosecution will have their work cut out for them, so much so that I doubt anything will come of this.  (Not that we will see any news of the outcome, regardless.)

It's illegal between 15-17 in Thailand, if the family presses charges. Illegal automatically for under 15.

5 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

How old must one be to have consensual sex? Some 15 years old youngsters look 18, others look 13!?

In some countries they already have 2 kids at 15. The parents should have something to do with it, they are raising them!

How old they look is absolutely no defense whatsoever.....the age of consent varies tremendously around the world...I think it some places it is as low as 13!!!!!

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

legitimate defense, it was only illegal if she was doing it for gain.

Age of consent is 15 in Thailand, France and many other countries.

Not really true:

The Age of Consent in Thailand is 15 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 14 or younger in Thailand are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape or the equivalent local law.

Thailand statutory rape law is violated when an individual has consensual sexual intercourse with a person under age 15. However, sex with a minor under age 18 is a compoundable offense, regardless of consent.

Thailand does not have a close-in-age exemption. Close in age exemptions, commonly known as "Romeo and Juliet laws" in the United States, are put in place to prevent the prosecution of individuals who engage in consensual sexual activity when both participants are significantly close in age to each other, and one or both partners are below the age of consent.

Because there is no close-in-age exemption in Thailand, it is possible for two individuals both under the age of 15 who willingly engage in intercourse to both be prosecuted for statutory rape, although this is rare. Similarly, no protections are reserved for sexual relations in which one participant is a 14 year old and the second is a 15 or 16 year old.

Edited by hanuman2543