How long the 100K covid 19 policy should cover when applying for a COE?

I have a non B visa and work permit until August 2021 (very likely to be renewed after that). I will visit my family in Spain in April or May, so could I just buy an insurance for 3-4 months or it must cover a whole year?

Also if anyone knows a company with good prices more than welcome.

Ninety days if you have a multiple entry non-o visa you will using for entry.

If actually on a one year extension of stay issued by immigration it would have to valid to the day your current extension ends.

Edit: For entering with a re-entry permit and work permit it states this on a embassy website.

"2.6 Medical insurance guaranteeing that the insurance company will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that the applicant contracts COVID-19 (The insurance must cover the entire duration of stay in Thailand)"

You would need to check with embassy in Madrid for what they require when applying for a certificate of entry.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety days if you have a multiple entry non-o visa you will using for entry.

If actually on a one year extension of stay issued by immigration it would have to valid to the day your current extension ends.

Edit: For entering with a re-entry permit and work permit it states this on a embassy website.

"2.6 Medical insurance guaranteeing that the insurance company will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that the applicant contracts COVID-19 (The insurance must cover the entire duration of stay in Thailand)"

You would need to check with embassy in Madrid for what they require when applying for a certificate of entry.

So if I understood correctly I only need the insurance to cover me until  the end of my visa in order to get the COE. My visa is single entry so I would be getting the re entry permit at the airport.

3 minutes ago, Nokkeaw said:

So if I understood correctly I only need the insurance to cover me until  the end of my visa in order to get the COE. My visa is single entry so I would be getting the re entry permit at the airport.

You have a extension of stay not a valid non-b visa.

You will need coverage to the day your current extension of stay ends.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You have a extension of stay not a valid non-b visa.

You will need coverage to the day your current extension of stay ends.

Excuse but maybe I am missing something. Why you say I have a extension of stay not a valid non-b visa? As far as I know my non-b visa is valid and also my work permit until the date it expires which is August of this year. 

6 minutes ago, Nokkeaw said:

Excuse but maybe I am missing something. Why you say I have a extension of stay not a valid non-b visa? As far as I know my non-b visa is valid and also my work permit until the date it expires which is August of this year. 

If you look in your passport and read the stamp immigration did it has something similar to this on it.

image.png.2a63ec900613d7120bf2a3353ede0476.png

Your non-b visa expired long ago and you have been extending the 90 day permit to stay it allowed.

Everybody currently wanting to enter Thailand needs to meet the CoE requirements.

One of the requirements being that you have insurance (can be Thai or foreign/international or travel-insurance) that provides at least 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage.

You need such insurance for the period that will cover the permission to stay you will be stamped in when entering Thailand.

So the period of required coverage is dependent on the permission to stay your Visa (or valid Re-Entry Permit) will provide you when entering, and can thus vary from 45 days for a VisaExempt entry to 1 year for a Non Imm O-A Visa entry.

55 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

One of the requirements being that you have insurance (can be Thai or foreign/international or travel-insurance) that provides at least 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage.

You need to read the info I posted from a embassy website. It is little different when working here with a work permit than in other cases. He is probably covered under Thai social security.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to read the info I posted from a embassy website. It is little different when working here with a work permit than in other cases. He is probably covered under Thai social security.

If a foreigner has Thai social security, does that mean he doesn't need to get the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage for the COE (entering VE)?

10 hours ago, 10years said:

If a foreigner has Thai social security, does that mean he doesn't need to get the 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment coverage for the COE (entering VE)?

It might work but proof that they had coverage under the social security health care plan would be needed to prove it will cover care for covid 19.

But since the covid 19 coverage would only need to be valid for 45 days it might not be worth the trouble to get the proof and approval of it.

I have just received my CoE (second one - the first received in July).

My extension of stay is valid until October 2021. 

My insurance purchased in June 2020 is valid until June 2021 

I enter in early April 2021 (the insurance will be valid for a further 2 months !)

I thought it would take a couple of weeks so gave plenty of lead time.

The CoE has been issued incredibly quickly...  3 hrs 8 mins from initial submission of documents. 

1) Filled out online form & attached documents

- Passport Copy

- Marriage Cert

- Visa / Extensions of stay

- Wife’s Passport

- Insurance Certificate

2) Received conformation of pre-approval (9mins later) - and registration code.

3) Logged in to the MFA site and Submitted ASQ and Flight bookings

4) Received the CoE via E-mail (3 hours later) 

Rather impressed... 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have just received my CoE (second one - the first received in July).

My extension of stay is valid until October 2021. 

My insurance purchased in June 2020 is valid until June 2021 

I enter in early April 2021 (the insurance will be valid for a further 2 months !)

What insurance are you talking about?

1 - When it is the 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance, this will result in you being stamped in only for 2 months when entering Thailand, as your permission to stay will be capped to the insurance expiry date.

2 - When it is the 100.000 US $ covid-19 insurance, your application will be refused as the insurance needs to cover the full period of the permission to stay you would receive on entering Thailand.

Archived