TM47, 90 days reporting

I'm in Thailand on an Elite Visa. Unfortunately I have to work outside TH and leave next month.

I will stay in TH for about 110 days.

Does anyone have experience what will happen if I don't do the TM47 / 90 days reporting?

Will they catch me when I exit TH? Will I have problems when I want to enter TH next time? 

By the way I was never more than 90 days in TH before, so the online TM47 seems to be not possible for me. I just want to save the time at the immigration office.

8 minutes ago, Berti said:

By the way I was never more than 90 days in TH before, so the online TM47 seems to be not possible for me. I just want to save the time at the immigration office.

If it's your first 90 report you can do it in person or via mail..

Online not possible. 

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you don't wish to file in person or via mail you could just pay fine (if they notice) upon departure. Think the fine is 2000b. No further consequences.

Departure immigration does not check for 90 day reports since it is not their responsibility to enforce it.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Departure immigration does not check for 90 day reports since it is not their responsibility to enforce it.

With all due respect, just because it is not their responsibility to check doesn't mean they won't.  I admit chances are small for it to be an issue but I had one Imm officer scrutinize ALL pages and attachments of my passport (including unfolding my notification of reporting that was stapled in the back) on departing the Kingdom once, almost as though he was looking anything at all just to prevent me from passing through, and even called for another Imm officer to come over and look. 

They never explained their actions to me and after a few uncomfortable minutes they waved me through...but still!  Just sayin, don't take unnecessary chances that could potentially result in a missed flight. 

And just to be clear, I'm not saying anything super negative about Imm officers at the airports in general since they are usually very friendly and cordial, but this one experience for me seemed unwarranted and if something had been out of order, I don't think I would have made my flight.

18 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

With all due respect, just because it is not their responsibility to check doesn't mean they won't.  I admit chances are small for it to be an issue but I had one Imm officer scrutinize ALL pages and attachments of my passport (including unfolding my notification of reporting that was stapled in the back) on departing the Kingdom once, almost as though he was looking anything at all just to prevent me from passing through, and even called for another Imm officer to come over and look. 

They never explained their actions to me and after a few uncomfortable minutes they waved me through...but still!  Just sayin, don't take unnecessary chances that could potentially result in a missed flight. 

And just to be clear, I'm not saying anything super negative about Imm officers at the airports in general since they are usually very friendly and cordial, but this one experience for me seemed unwarranted and if something had been out of order, I don't think I would have made my flight.

He probably had never seen that much stuff attached so that why ???? . When I left for the first time after a non stop stay of 17+ years my officer started a chat with his younger colleague and showed her my paperwork as she never had seen the old style departure card before.  

i  knew that leaving Thailand stops the clock and start a new date when entering again .....this for non Elites ones , besides there is a "window" before and after normal given 90 day rapport date 

As mentioned by @DrJack54 , if it is your very first 90-day report (TM-47) it cannot be done on-line but you will either have to do it by regular mail, or in person at your local IO.

When doing it by regular mail, it has to be sent 15 days before due date to your local IO.

When doing it in person at your local IO, this can be done from 15 days before due date till 6 days after due date.

As the 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for Immigration purposes' has not changed, it is required that also a TM-30 has been filed at your local Imm office of the address where you are staying in their province.

15 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When doing it by regular mail, it has to be sent 15 days before due date to your local IO.

As far as I know only Chaeng Wattana immigration has that requirement. Other offices will accept one mailed 7 days before the report date.

The amount of time and expense involved for reporting in person are much greater than for mailing your report.  There are offices on Sukhumvit that will complete your mail-in report for you.  A friend did his recently for 350 Baht.

Archived